• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL Thread

Skippyjack said:
There's a game on at 21.30 on Sky Sports tonight, if anyone is interested, my two favourite teams are playing Green Bay vs Cleveland

Cricket coverage starts at 10:30pm.

Cooperman said:
Skippyjack said:
There's a game on at 21.30 on Sky Sports tonight, if anyone is interested, my two favourite teams are playing Green Bay vs Cleveland

Hoping for a miracle down under then.. I prefer NFL to cricket, I can only watch cricket for a few hours, World Cup 50 overs, T20 cricket and the new 100 format does me, even if it's not "proper" cricket

Skippyjack said:
Cooperman said:

Hoping for a miracle down under then.. I prefer NFL to cricket, I can only watch cricket for a few hours, World Cup 50 overs, T20 cricket and the new 100 format does me, even if it's not "proper" cricket

The kids have started to disappear to opposite corners of the house so only one more to go before I have the remote to myself. Will be watching the NFL up to 22:30 but then turning over for the best format of cricket entertainment. I’m going for it tonight, nothing to get up for tomorrow morning and a bottle of homemade limoncello to keep me going through the wee small hours.

Seventeen game season? When did that change?

They'll probably get slaughtered in the wild card game but after a tense battle with the Chargers the Raiders have just clawed their way into the post-season. Yay.

That’s the regular season over and done with. I don’t foresee much coming from the AFC this year, the Titans are number one seed and I don’t think they have the big game mentality, and the Chiefs are not what they were last year and year before. Everyone else is a bit meh. The NFC looks much stronger with GB, Bucs & Brady, Dallas and the Rams all in very good form. This may be one year too far for Brady and could he do GB in GB second year running? I’m not so sure.

Attachments

• 01173A26-9836-4528-87E4-06D52B5ABC7B.jpeg
    630 KB · Views: 787
  • 71C96747-3C99-4C1E-8F0F-54A961635CA6.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 787
Darran said:

They lost, their sixth defeat on the bounce which also coincided with them not qualifying for the next round.

Really great game between the Rams and Niners last night with the Niners coming back from 17-0 down to seal a playoff place, and Deebo going from WR -> RB -> QB. Still hard to look past Tampa or Green Bay from the NFC for me though.

Cooperman said:
That’s the regular season over and done with. I don’t foresee much coming from the AFC this year, the Titans are number one seed and I don’t think they have the big game mentality, and the Chiefs are not what they were last year and year before. Everyone else is a bit meh. The NFC looks much stronger with GB, Bucs & Brady, Dallas and the Rams all in very good form. This may be one year too far for Brady and could he do GB in GB second year running? I’m not so sure.

You never know. The Bengals did that thing of resting some of their starters for the final game and that's backfired in the past. I think the Raiders offense will score points, but can the defence get consistent pressure on Burrows and can your secondary contain their scary wideouts?

My 49ers squeaked their way in too, I thought it was over at halftime. But we seem to have a hex over the Rams the same way the Seahawks have on us. We're clearly underdogs going to Dallas and they're another team with a great passing offence, while our cornerbacks are our biggest weakness. I think their o-line is decent, so just like last night, a lot will depend on our scary d-line generating consistent pressure without blitzing.

JackFish said:
Really great game between the Rams and Niners last night with the Niners coming back from 17-0 down to seal a playoff place, and Deebo going from WR -> RB -> QB. Still hard to look past Tampa or Green Bay from the NFC for me though.

Agree on the favourites. Can Brady defy Father Time again, or will Rodgers finally earn that second ring? I'd say the Packers are the favourites, but I hope they don't win as Rodgers seems to be a douchebag.

If it's not going to be the Niners (and it's not sadly), then I'd like it to be a team that hasn't won before (or in a long time). Except the Cardinals because they're a division rival. So my preferred order would be:

1) Niners, Obviously.
2) Bills - after the heartbreaking run of Superbowl losses under Levy, does any team deserve it more?
3) Bengals - Sorry Cooperman
4) Raiders - What a story that would be after the turmoil this season. Plus I like Carr.
5) Titans
6) Steelers - What a fairy tale finish that would be for Ben.
7) Eagles
8) Cowboys

Can't rank them after that as I don't want any of the remaining 6 teams to win and had to hold my nose to put 'America's Team' on the list.

Darran said:
How long is half time one of these games?

12 mins for a regular season game, considerably longer for Super Bowl.

Darran said:
Cooperman said:
12 mins for a regular season game, considerably longer for Super Bowl.

I’m surprised at 12 mins.

You assumed longer, right? Twelve minutes isn’t long when you consider that a half can last in excess of an hour (total time).

Cooperman said:
Darran said:
I’m surprised at 12 mins.

You assumed longer, right? Twelve minutes isn’t long when you consider that a half can last in excess of an hour (total time).

Yes I did though it was a good little earner for Cheap Trick if they only played for 12 mins. :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back