• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL

I'm a bit late to the party here, don't look in enough to see there was a thread. Absolutely gutting especially the way we stormed into the lead. It was the first NFL match I've stayed up to watch that wasn't a Superbowl. Hopefully this wasn't a flash in the pan and we won't have to wait 33 years for the next Conference Championship game.

Not sure what Sunday holds for me, have told my Nigerian friend I'll watch the AFCON final if they get through, I'll have no hope of staying up for the Superbowl if I do!
Are you a Lions fan?

It's perhaps a bit weird, I dunno, but I really enjoy low-scoring "battle for every yard" matches. Consequently these showy highlights reels of sensational one-handed catches etc don't move me as much as it moves others. I liken them to sitting through the entirety of The Football League Show or whatever it's called, watching a team in <whatever colour> scoring against a team in <a different colour>.

Having said that, the time difference is a killer these days. If I see as far as half-time that's as good as it gets.

I am indeed.
I went to the last home game of season versus the Vikings, so I’m converted since that day 😄🙌 I thought I had added a photo but maybe it got lost in the transition to JAnet, a remarkable stadium with 65k under one roof, so here it is again 🙂

Attachments

• 4CEBD9E4-07F8-4CD0-A1BE-CF1F8548B95E.jpeg
    4CEBD9E4-07F8-4CD0-A1BE-CF1F8548B95E.jpeg
    964.2 KB · Views: 9
I went to the last home game of season versus the Vikings, so I’m converted since that day 😄🙌 I thought I had added a photo but maybe it got lost in the transition to JAnet, a remarkable stadium with 65k under one roof, so here it is again 🙂
This last season had been incredible. Since Sheila Ford Hamp took over and got Brad Holmes at GM and then Dan Campbell as head coach the team has been on the up. They're not a glamourous team at all and have had a pretty miserable record for decades so to get to the Divisional championship and lead so well was pretty remarkable. I really hope it continues. Bucket list has to be to make it over there for at least one game. Photo looks brilliant.

This last season had been incredible. Since Sheila Ford Hamp took over and got Brad Holmes at GM and then Dan Campbell as head coach the team has been on the up. They're not a glamourous team at all and have had a pretty miserable record for decades so to get to the Divisional championship and lead so well was pretty remarkable. I really hope it continues. Bucket list has to be to make it over there for at least one game. Photo looks brilliant.
Definitely a team on the up. I was in Detroit regularly in the early 2000’s and this coincided with them at their worst. I wasn’t a fan but I remember the infamous 2008 0-16 record. A huge step up this year considering the 3 win seasons of recent times, I really hope it continues next year.

Detroit as a city has also seen a resurgence. The deep fiscal crisis appears to be over and the downtown area around Ford Field is quite nice (although not much else there to be honest, not one for the tourists).

Super Bowl weekend is here....I'm more and more convinced it's going to be a Chiefs victory the closer it gets.

Super Bowl weekend is here....I'm more and more convinced it's going to be a Chiefs victory the closer it gets.
I was reading some stats about Andy Reid and his win record following a bye week, which is effectively what this is. On the basis of the stats, you might be right.

NFL maximising the "Swift" effect. Every call will be in favour of the Chiefs tomorrow.

Woke up in time for the final four minutes of regulation, and enjoyed it.

There's so much to admire in this Chiefs team.

Woke up in time for the final four minutes of regulation, and enjoyed it.

There's so much to admire in this Chiefs team.
Highlights later for me. I know the result but have no idea how things developed over the 4Q’s and OT.

It's quite surprising when you consider that the 49ers are one of the more successful franchises over time but it will be 30 years next year since they won their last Superbowl 😲

49ers looked the better team for most of that, but the fuck up on the punt return really shifted the momentum. Missing the XP didn't help either. Chiefs defence was excellent though.

The big takeaway of the night for many seems to be that Taylor Swift’s mate, and by extension Swift herself, is apparently a satanist. So now you know.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back