• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL Thread

Skippyjack

Michu
Reaction score
Watching the Rams Vs Cardinals.. Rams all the possession but only lead 14-7 HT.. you think they'll keep dominating or will Murray turn up in the 3rd Q

The Raiders put me through the mill tonight versus the godawful Jets (not their official name - not yet anyhow).

You have offsides and foul play.. you attempt to gain yardage with a forward pass or can run like a dribble.. you also have a line of scrimmage, a bit like a scrum

Squarebear said:
The Raiders put me through the mill tonight versus the godawful Jets (not their official name - not yet anyhow).

I've been watching it for a few years now, without a team, I tend to lean towards the Packers

Used to watch this alot but over the years have become more detached from it.

Tried to start again a couple of years back and find myself enjoying some games but they are few and far between

It was a huge thing when I was at school, was a very big part of the discussion on a Monday morning - remember getting a weekly newspaper delivered (think it was called Quarter Back)

PSumbler said:

Tried to start again a couple of years back and find myself enjoying some games but they are few and far between

It was a huge thing when I was at school, was a very big part of the discussion on a Monday morning - remember getting a weekly newspaper delivered (think it was called Quarter Back)

Sounds like Red Zone on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) would be perfect for you Phil. It jumps around between all the games, taking you to any team that's in the 'Red Zone' (within 20 yards of the goal line) and shows you all the scoring plays, turnovers etc. Probably not great for anyone who doesn't have a basic understanding of the sport, but great if you do and don't want to watch a dull match.

I only get the full Sky Sports package to watch the live games when my 49ers are doing well. I had it last year, but injuries have stuffed us this year. I'll have to reconsider if they squeeze into the expanded playoffs, but tough ask tonight against the Bills. I'll be watching it tomorrow rather than staying up all night, getting a little old for that!

I started watching in the days of Nicky Horne and Miles Aitken on CH4. They did what I thought was a good job of explaining the rules to what would've been largely a novice audience. I wonder if nowadays as the audience has matured that there's less time spent towards introducing the game to newbies.

I was going to write how I became a fan of the Raiders but I could sense people getting ready with their "cool story, bro" replies, so I won't.

I ended up living quite close to their home ground when they played in Oakland. It was a rough neighbourhood so I shouldn't have been surprised but the crowd trouble (at least where I was sitting) was just OTT. It was an experience, but I much prefer watching it on tv.

We have friends in Pittsburgh who live less than a mile from Heinz Field. I’ve never seen a game there but have done a stadium tour. It amazes me how little cover there is in the stadium for what is a very cold and often wet winter up there. I’m told that this season’s amazing 11 - 0 record doesn’t reflect the team but they somehow find a way to win every week. I keep half an eye out for their results but it’s not a big deal to me.

J_B said:
We have friends in Pittsburgh who live less than a mile from Heinz Field. I’ve never seen a game there but have done a stadium tour. It amazes me how little cover there is in the stadium for what is a very cold and often wet winter up there. I’m told that this season’s amazing 11 - 0 record doesn’t reflect the team but they somehow find a way to win every week. I keep half an eye out for their results but it’s not a big deal to me.

Besides the Wembley matches, I've been fortunate enough to see home games for the Giants, Buccaneers and Dolphins. The trip to New York was a tour and was led by ex rugby player Victor Ubogu. The game was at the old Giants Stadium in the snow and was probably the coldest I've ever been in my life. Ubogu gave up before halftime and spent the rest of the game in hospitality with his other half (the rest of us weren't invited).

Have been to quite a few Titan's games over the years and it makes for a great Sunday afternoon in the sun; the pre game BBQ is as good as the sport.

I generally follow the Bills as this was the first team I watched play at home, this was the polar opposite and in the December snow. It was so cold that the flame on my lighter froze.

Surprise team of the year - Cleveland Browns.

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:

Sounds like Red Zone on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) would be perfect for you Phil. It jumps around between all the games, taking you to any team that's in the 'Red Zone' (within 20 yards of the goal line) and shows you all the scoring plays, turnovers etc. Probably not great for anyone who doesn't have a basic understanding of the sport, but great if you do and don't want to watch a dull match.

I only get the full Sky Sports package to watch the live games when my 49ers are doing well. I had it last year, but injuries have stuffed us this year. I'll have to reconsider if they squeeze into the expanded playoffs, but tough ask tonight against the Bills. I'll be watching it tomorrow rather than staying up all night, getting a little old for that!

The Lions did us a huge favour last night, and with the Cards losing again we're definitely in with a shout of nicking that last playoff spot in the NFC. If Garroppollo and Kittle can get back from injury soon too we might not be so reliant on the defence, who have been excellent again.

I think we'll lose a close one tonight but the next two against Washington & the Cowboys look very winnable, which would set us up nicely for the last against Arizona & Seattle still in with a chance.

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:

Expanded playoffs? What’s happening this year?

Cooperman said:
JackSomething said:

One extra team per conference in the playoffs for 14 in total. So the #2 seed has to play a wildcard game and only the #1 seed gets a bye to the divisional round.

JackFish said:
Cooperman said:

One extra team per conference in the playoffs for 14 in total. So the #2 seed has to play a wildcard game and only the #1 seed gets a bye to the divisional round.

Right'o, didn't know this. Is this a result of Covid, a trial, or the way forward from now on?

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back