• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL Thread

Darran said:
Cooperman said:
You assumed longer, right? Twelve minutes isn’t long when you consider that a half can last in excess of an hour (total time).

Yes I did though it was a good little earner for Cheap Trick if they only played for 12 mins. :lol:

Yeah, big bucks per minute!

JackFish said:
Really great game between the Rams and Niners last night with the Niners coming back from 17-0 down to seal a playoff place, and Deebo going from WR -> RB -> QB. Still hard to look past Tampa or Green Bay from the NFC for me though.

Who do you fancy, to go through ?

That’s the Wild Card weekend over and done with.

I picked five out of six winners, didn’t see SF getting one over on the Cowboys. NeathJack will be pleased at that win.

Titans, Packers, Rams and Chiefs to conquer IMO this coming weekend.

Cooperman said:

I picked five out of six winners, didn’t see SF getting one over on the Cowboys. NeathJack will be pleased at that win.

I'm biased, but I thought the Niners Cowboys games was the pick of them for entertainment. It looked like the Niners were cruising to victory at 23-7, then contrived to let the Cowboys back in it through dumb mistakes. Thankfully the Cowboys were even more self-destructive through bonehead penalties and calling a QB draw play with 14 seconds left and no timeouts.

I think they have a chance in Green Bay, although will need Bosa and Warner back, plus hope Garoppolo isn't so banged up that we see lots of Bad Jimmy. The Packers needed a clutch Rodgers drive in 37 seconds to beat the Niners in the regular season, in a game where Mitchell and Deebo combined for just 2 carries.

The Packers are rightly favourites as they've got healthy at the right time (having Bahktiari back on the OL is huge, especially against the Niners pass rushers) and they're at home, but 3 of Rodgers' 9 career playoff losses have been against SF, so you never know.

Agree with you on 2 of the other games. The Rams are perfectly setup to beat this Bucs team with their personnel losses and can't see the Bengals having enough to beat the Titans, especially if Henry is back. Can see the Bills upsetting the Chiefs though, Allen was incredible against the Patriots and it should be a high-scoring shootout.

JackSomething said:
Can see the Bills upsetting the Chiefs though, Allen was incredible against the Patriots and it should be a high-scoring shootout.

I will take a Bills win any day of the week but my head says that they lack the big game mentality and experience.

We need a team that Darran and the rest of us can support.

Preferably one that's an underdog but punchesabove its weight, but probably won't win anything, but would scare the bejasus out of the big boys

Anyone got a shortlist?

Glyn1 said:

Preferably one that's an underdog but punches above its weight, but probably won't win anything, but would scare the bejasus out of the big boys

Anyone got a shortlist?
[/quot

Glyn1 said:

Preferably one that's an underdog but punchesabove its weight, but probably won't win anything, but would scare the bejasus out of the big boys

Anyone got a shortlist?

You need to get following the Cleveland Browns.

JackSomething said:
Cooperman said:

I'm biased, but I thought the Niners Cowboys games was the pick of them for entertainment. It looked like the Niners were cruising to victory at 23-7, then contrived to let the Cowboys back in it through dumb mistakes. Thankfully the Cowboys were even more self-destructive through bonehead penalties and calling a QB draw play with 14 seconds left and no timeouts.

I think they have a chance in Green Bay, although will need Bosa and Warner back, plus hope Garoppolo isn't so banged up that we see lots of Bad Jimmy. The Packers needed a clutch Rodgers drive in 37 seconds to beat the Niners in the regular season, in a game where Mitchell and Deebo combined for just 2 carries.

The Packers are rightly favourites as they've got healthy at the right time (having Bahktiari back on the OL is huge, especially against the Niners pass rushers) and they're at home, but 3 of Rodgers' 9 career playoff losses have been against SF, so you never know.

Agree with you on 2 of the other games. The Rams are perfectly setup to beat this Bucs team with their personnel losses and can't see the Bengals having enough to beat the Titans, especially if Henry is back. Can see the Bills upsetting the Chiefs though, Allen was incredible against the Patriots and it should be a high-scoring shootout.

I haven’t called this right so far.

Cooperman said:
JackSomething said:

You did a lot better on Sunday. 50% correct is not bad in the NFL playoffs!

What a game that was last night. Gutted for Allen and the Bills, but unfortunately their defence shit the bed in allowing the Chiefs to get in field goal range when they had just 13 seconds (why didn't the kicker put one in along the ground, forcing a return and wasting a few more seconds?) and then letting them march down the field in overtime.

I can't see the Bengals, Rams or Niners having a chance against Mahomes personally. I'm predicting another Chiefs vs Niners Superbowl and then hope our defence can do the impossible.

If it turns out to be Rams vs Chiefs I probably won't even bother watching as I don't want either of them to win!

JackSomething said:
Cooperman said:

What a game that was last night. Gutted for Allen and the Bills, but unfortunately their defence s**t the bed in allowing the Chiefs to get in field goal range when they had just 13 seconds (why didn't the kicker put one in along the ground, forcing a return and wasting a few more seconds?) and then letting them march down the field in overtime.

I can't see the Bengals, Rams or Niners having a chance against Mahomes personally. I'm predicting another Chiefs vs Niners Superbowl and then hope our defence can do the impossible.

If it turns out to be Rams vs Chiefs I probably won't even bother watching as I don't want either of them to win!

I think it will be Rams vs Chiefs but also that the Rams will go one step further. In my mind at least Mahomes and Chiefs haven’t been anywhere near as effective as two years ago and the Rams seem to be on a roll.

One step too far for Brady. Is this now him calling it a day?

Gutted for my mate it was his birthday yesterday too.

Attachments

• 1A6814AF-C105-4531-9A2B-E492FE48DB0C.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 710
Cooperman said:
JackSomething said:

What a game that was last night. Gutted for Allen and the Bills, but unfortunately their defence s**t the bed in allowing the Chiefs to get in field goal range when they had just 13 seconds (why didn't the kicker put one in along the ground, forcing a return and wasting a few more seconds?) and then letting them march down the field in overtime.

I think it will be Rams vs Chiefs but also that the Rams will go one step further. In my mind at least Mahomes and Chiefs haven’t been anywhere near as effective as two years ago and the Rams seem to be on a roll.

One step too far for Brady. Is this now him calling it a day?

The Rams have got to beat the Niners at some point, although I'm hoping it can wait until next season. It feels like SF used up all their luck to get this far, but there's also a comparison to the 2011 Giants team. Got into the playoffs at 9-7, then won away against the Packers and Niners before ending the Patriots unbeaten season.

I gave up making predictions about Brady a long time ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back for another run at one more championship. He doesn't need to though, he's clearly the GOAT at this point and I'm not sure anyone ever gets close to him.

Really fantastic weekend of playoff games! Okay the niners and packers wasn't a classic but it was some great defensive football, and the tying touchdown was hilarious. Bills really should have finished the job last night, really think the OT rules need changing though as pretty much whoever won the coinflip was going to win.

SF seem to have the Rams' number in recent seasons but they'll need to be way better offensively, can't rely on the defense and special teams again. It'll probably feel more like a home game for them though if the last game at SoFi is anything to go by.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back