• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL

Nocountryforoldjack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
New season starts today, well first game was Friday actually. Hoping the Packers have a better season this year now Rogers has gone to the jets.

Steelers currently getting their ass handed to them by the 49ers

Absolutely no interest in watching this sport, however I've watched a fair few shows on Netflix on college football the last couple of years. They get around 100,000 through the gate for what is basically Swansea University rugby games. Incredible.

Neath_Jack said:
Absolutely no interest in watching this sport, however I've watched a fair few shows on Netflix on college football the last couple of years. They get around 100,000 through the gate for what is basically Swansea University rugby games. Incredible.

It's not that incredible when you think that most people can't get a ticket for the NFL game and the population of the country. Packers games you can't get a ticket, season is sold out to st holders.

Yeah the popularity of college football seems unlikely to ever be replicated here. NFL coaches will sometimes quit a pro team job and take charge at colleges with successful football programs. Imagine Jürgen Klopp quitting Liverpool to manage at Swansea Met.

Anyway, I'll be following the Raiders progress. They've pretty much been a joke team for 30+ years and there's every chance of this continuing unabated.

There was an American football team started in Swansea in the late 80's, can't remember the nam3 but they trained on the old Morfa pitches (where the Liberty is now)
I'm sure they did quite well too, a lot of the tidy local rugby lads signed up as it kept them fit during the summer.

Niners off to a flier on both sides of the ball. Normally slow starters so hoping they don't get the usual glut of injuries over the season

Allergic2Hoof said:
Niners off to a flier on both sides of the ball. Normally slow starters so hoping they don't get the usual glut of injuries over the season

Yeah watched that, they looked the business although that has to be tempered by the fact the Steelers never turned up for the game but the 9ers will be pushing for playoffs again I think.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah watched that, they looked the business although that has to be tempered by the fact the Steelers never turned up for the game but the 9ers will be pushing for playoffs again I think.

I'm biased, but after reaching the NFC Championship game in 3 out of the last 4 seasons, the Niners are aiming higher than just making the playoffs.

Splashing big money on Javon Hargrave and then signing Bosa to his huge new contract means the window for this team is closing before salary cup hell kicks in. Superbowl or bust!

Some concerns remain over the offensive line (except Trent Williams of course) and Purdy needs to avoid serious injury, but the Niners have a strong chance in what looks like a weak NFC this year, with Dallas and Philadelphia looking to be the best other teams in the conference. Lions could be dark horses.

Allergic2Hoof said:

My tip for the Super Bowl this year. Lots of money on KC but they rely too much on Mahomes.

JackSomething said:
Some concerns remain over the offensive line (except Trent Williams of course) and Purdy needs to avoid serious injury, but the Niners have a strong chance in what looks like a weak NFC this year, with Dallas and Philadelphia looking to be the best other teams in the conference. Lions could be dark horses.

Lions had a a great start on Thursday night/Friday morning, beating the defending champions. Had a great end to last season too. Should be an interesting season in the NFC North, Lions seem to be at their strongest for possibly decades whereas the others seem to be dropping off. As you said could be dark horses but definitely look like a playoff team this year.

CSF said:
Lions had a a great start on Thursday night/Friday morning, beating the defending champions. Had a great end to last season too. Should be an interesting season in the NFC North, Lions seem to be at their strongest for possibly decades whereas the others seem to be dropping off. As you said could be dark horses but definitely look like a playoff team this year.

Pretty sure you and I were sharing the concerns over Dan Campbell a year ago as he seemed out of depth in his first season as Head Coach. Fair play to ownership for sticking with him as he seems to be turning it around.

Obviously I want the Niners to win it all, but if it's not them I always hope it's someone who hasn't won for a long time (I was gutted the Bengals lost to the Rams 2 years ago). Detroit are definitely due some success.

Both sides drew some unnecessary penalties at the Empower Field, Denver, but it was those lovely Raiders who sneaked home 17-16 thanks to a missed extra point.

[repeats same mantra he's been repeating since 1985].

This could be our year.

Skippyjack said:
Chiefs destroying the bears and looking back to their best

The Bears are pretty shyte though. Have been for years.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back