• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL Thread

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:
Used to watch this alot but over the years have become more detached from it.

Tried to start again a couple of years back and find myself enjoying some games but they are few and far between

It was a huge thing when I was at school, was a very big part of the discussion on a Monday morning - remember getting a weekly newspaper delivered (think it was called Quarter Back)

Sounds like Red Zone on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) would be perfect for you Phil. It jumps around between all the games, taking you to any team that's in the 'Red Zone' (within 20 yards of the goal line) and shows you all the scoring plays, turnovers etc. Probably not great for anyone who doesn't have a basic understanding of the sport, but great if you do and don't want to watch a dull match.

I only get the full Sky Sports package to watch the live games when my 49ers are doing well. I had it last year, but injuries have stuffed us this year. I'll have to reconsider if they squeeze into the expanded playoffs, but tough ask tonight against the Bills. I'll be watching it tomorrow rather than staying up all night, getting a little old for that!

That's a good shout, I must admit I have been watching games via the IPTV rather than Sky but you have hit a good point for me - right now that would peak my interest more. I think I have a short attention span at the best of times! :lol:

Really open this year.

I fancy Chiefs to do it again, but you can't deny the Steelers are on fire right now.

I have the game pass, which cost me £30 in October some time and I think is even cheaper now, perhaps by 50%.

You can watch 5 minute, or 45 minute highlights of all games. The 45 minute highlight package is my favourite, literally every play without the stoppage.

Saying that you can get 15 minute highlights on Youtube for free.

I think it's a limited offer, but at this point the game pass is £10

for Full match replays, NFL original programming and Red Zone

There is only a month of the regular season left, and it does get sketchy once playoffs come around as there is a blackout on the games I believe, but for a £10 it's a bargain.

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/upgrade/plans

JustJack said:
Really open this year.

I fancy Chiefs to do it again, but you can't deny the Steelers are on fire right now.

I have the game pass, which cost me £30 in October some time and I think is even cheaper now, perhaps by 50%.

You can watch 5 minute, or 45 minute highlights of all games. The 45 minute highlight package is my favourite, literally every play without the stoppage.

Sounds good. Can you watch the highlights of each game without having first seen the result of it?

JackFish said:
JackSomething said:
Sounds like Red Zone on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) would be perfect for you Phil. It jumps around between all the games, taking you to any team that's in the 'Red Zone' (within 20 yards of the goal line) and shows you all the scoring plays, turnovers etc. Probably not great for anyone who doesn't have a basic understanding of the sport, but great if you do and don't want to watch a dull match.

I only get the full Sky Sports package to watch the live games when my 49ers are doing well. I had it last year, but injuries have stuffed us this year. I'll have to reconsider if they squeeze into the expanded playoffs, but tough ask tonight against the Bills. I'll be watching it tomorrow rather than staying up all night, getting a little old for that!

The Lions did us a huge favour last night, and with the Cards losing again we're definitely in with a shout of nicking that last playoff spot in the NFC. If Garroppollo and Kittle can get back from injury soon too we might not be so reliant on the defence, who have been excellent again.

I think we'll lose a close one tonight but the next two against Washington & the Cowboys look very winnable, which would set us up nicely for the last against Arizona & Seattle still in with a chance.

It was a tough watch last night. I love Josh Allen and he carved the Niners defence apart. Salah always seems to struggle against mobile quarterbacks and the injuries made it even harder. No Dee Ford or Bosa made it very hard to put him under pressure and affect his rhythm.

Mullens is a good backup and would be doing better if we had the likes of Kittle and Richburg fit, but he's not going to to be able to win games when the defence isn't getting it done.

Washington beating the Steelers shows us that isn't going to be easy. Their defence is ferocious and Alex Smith is playing as well as ever (Definite Comeback Player of the Year - look up his injury and the aftermath if you don't know about it).

Squarebear said:
JustJack said:
Really open this year.

Sounds good. Can you watch the highlights of each game without having first seen the result of it?

Yes, the Game Pass hides the scores on it's main page, but keep in mind that during the game, there may be 'live score' updates across the bottom of other games, that were happening at the same time.

Edit: I can see the offer has finished now, so its £15 for the 'essential package', which is Redzone, the network, highlights and original programming.

For me, I never needed the live, or full replay aspect anyway, as I prefer to watch it in my own time.

Bump:

Key talking points:
The achievement of the Browns.
The Steelers implosion from 11-0.
Bills offence is on fire but are they consistent enough?
Ravens are now my outside bet.

Hard to believe how badly the Steelers collapsed, the first quarter last night was comically bad. Particularly enjoyed the snap straight over Roethlisberger's head on the first play.

JackFish said:
Hard to believe how badly the Steelers collapsed, the first quarter last night was comically bad. Particularly enjoyed the snap straight over Roethlisberger's head on the first play.

I was in bed long before the game started but saw short highlights this morning. Very much a case of them being asleep for the first ten minutes. There were quite a few voices out there saying that their 11-0 record was not representative of their on field performances. Anyway, glad they lost as I’ll always go with the underdog when it’s two neutral teams.

Cooperman said:
Bump:

Key talking points:

Could only get involved in this today as took me until last night to get through the games! I've done my usual of watching Redzone all season, then paying for Sky Sports NFL for one month to watch the playoffs. I can't watch them all live so I record all the games and watch when I can, avoiding the results. It took longer than usual this year with the extra Wildcard games. I only got to midway through the 2nd quarter of the Browns game last night, but decided a Steelers comeback was very unlikely! Now I've seen the final score, I'll watch the rest later.

Results were mixed for me as a 49ers fan. Delighted to see the Seahawks get embarrassed by a Rams team who started a QB with almost no experience and replaced him with a QB who played with a recently surgically repaired throwing hand. Trading 2 first round picks for a safety who is a liability in coverage looked bad at the time and looks even worse now.

Also happy for the Bills as they're great fun to watch. Delighted for the Browns fanbase, who have had it rough to put it mildly. Would have preferred the other 3 games to go the other way.

My preference for who wins the Super Bowl in order from favourite to least favourite:

1) Browns - What a story that would be.
2) Bills - Would be another huge shock and Josh Allen is so fun to watch.
3) Buccaneers - Brady has already clearly surpassed Montana as the GOAT, so I have no problem with him winning another ring. Also been to Tampa Bay for a couple of games, so have some support for the franchise.
4) Rams - No real reason, I dislike them less than the other teams below.
5) Packers - Rodgers has always seemed like a bit of a prick, but his talent means he probably deserves a second ring.
6) Saints - I like Brees, but under Payton they've always seemed to be an arrogant bunch. No real remorse over bountygate, etc.
7) Ravens - Arrogance again. Jump around like a bunch of hyperactive kids after any kind of positive play (only the Seahawks are worse for it). Also memories of Super Bowl 47 and conspiracy theorist/murder accomplice Ray Lewis.
8) Chiefs - Not going to root for them after the last Super Bowl. Doesn't help that they have scumbags like Frank Clark and Tyreek Hill on the team. Also don't like seeing the same team win it again (unless it's the Niners!).

JackSomething said:
Cooperman said:
Bump:

Key talking points:

Could only get involved in this today as took me until last night to get through the games! I've done my usual of watching Redzone all season, then paying for Sky Sports NFL for one month to watch the playoffs. I can't watch them all live so I record all the games and watch when I can, avoiding the results. It took longer than usual this year with the extra Wildcard games. I only got to midway through the 2nd quarter of the Browns game last night, but decided a Steelers comeback was very unlikely! Now I've seen the final score, I'll watch the rest later.

Results were mixed for me as a 49ers fan. Delighted to see the Seahawks get embarrassed by a Rams team who started a QB with almost no experience and replaced him with a QB who played with a recently surgically repaired throwing hand. Trading 2 first round picks for a safety who is a liability in coverage looked bad at the time and looks even worse now.

Also happy for the Bills as they're great fun to watch. Delighted for the Browns fanbase, who have had it rough to put it mildly. Would have preferred the other 3 games to go the other way.

My preference for who wins the Super Bowl in order from favourite to least favourite:

1) Browns - What a story that would be.
2) Bills - Would be another huge shock and Josh Allen is so fun to watch.
3) Buccaneers - Brady has already clearly surpassed Montana as the GOAT, so I have no problem with him winning another ring. Also been to Tampa Bay for a couple of games, so have some support for the franchise.
4) Rams - No real reason, I dislike them less than the other teams below.
5) Packers - Rodgers has always seemed like a bit of a prick, but his talent means he probably deserves a second ring.
6) Saints - I like Brees, but under Payton they've always seemed to be an arrogant bunch. No real remorse over bountygate, etc.
7) Ravens - Arrogance again. Jump around like a bunch of hyperactive kids after any kind of positive play (only the Seahawks are worse for it). Also memories of Super Bowl 47 and conspiracy theorist/murder accomplice Ray Lewis.
8) Chiefs - Not going to root for them after the last Super Bowl. Doesn't help that they have scumbags like Frank Clark and Tyreek Hill on the team. Also don't like seeing the same team win it again (unless it's the Niners!).

1. Bills (seen them live)
2. Browns (year of the underdog)
3. Bucs (also an unfashionable team)
4. Chiefs (unfashionable until Mahomes came along)
5. Packers
6. Ravens
7. Rams
8. Saints (no affinity whatsoever)

Cooperman said:
5. Packers
6. Ravens
7. Rams

When i decided to take a proper interest in the NFL and wanted to choose a team, Browns were one of my considerations. I've always liked an underdog and never particularly wanted to follow the top performers, so the Patriots were out, as were the likes of the Colts and Steelers at the time. Didn't go for them in the end but always enjoy one of the lesser successful teams doing well.

My list would look similar, swap Browns and Bills.

1. Browns
2. Bills
3. Bucs
4. Rams
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs
7. Saints
8. Won't even bother writing their name (Now see if you can figure out who i did choose to follow!!)

CSF said:
Cooperman said:
5. Packers
6. Ravens
7. Rams

When i decided to take a proper interest in the NFL and wanted to choose a team, Browns were one of my considerations. I've always liked an underdog and never particularly wanted to follow the top performers, so the Patriots were out, as were the likes of the Colts and Steelers at the time. Didn't go for them in the end but always enjoy one of the lesser successful teams doing well.

1. Browns
2. Bills
3. Bucs
4. Rams
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs
7. Saints
8. Won't even bother writing their name (Now see if you can figure out who i did choose to follow!!)

I'm going to guess it's the Bears or the Lions?

JackSomething said:
CSF said:

1. Browns
2. Bills
3. Bucs
4. Rams
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs
7. Saints

I'm going to guess it's the Bears or the Lions?

Lions.

At the time they had recently gone 0-16, and I also as a youngster had a fascination with the fact their stadium had a roof from the 94 world cup. Never won a superbowl, so in my mind would be a good team to follow. Also had Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

Plus i knew the Bears from the 85 superbowl so considered them a big team.

Since then have found out the realities of following them!!

Packers for me. First team shown in Channel 4 back in 1982. No idea where Green Bay was or why the hell they were the Packers, not some snarling beast or mythical American figure. Of course now know they were the name of sponsors from the early days 'Acme Packers' and their unique history. Were not successful team at that point-although including pre-Superbowl are the most successful team of all time. The only small town team (Green Bay is about half the size of Swansea), and the only non-franchise team (which they will remain as NFL rules stop their ownership model). A team rooted in NFL history. The good news for the Rams is it is only expected to be around freezing at Lambeau Field and no snow this Saturday.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back