• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NFL

Ravens choked. Couldn’t handle the occasion.

Now onto the NFC game…I’ll probably root for the Lions, but I think the 49rs are the only team that has a chance to make a game of it against the Chiefs in the SB.

49ers being made to look ordinary so far. I don't know a thing about the Lions but if they can maintain this level they should breeze it.

McCaffrey was the only 49er that showed up in the first half. His teammates joined him in the 2nd.

I have followed the Patriots since the early 80s.( I have documentary evidence to prove it as most folks assume I was bandwagoner).My Dad worked over there at a quarry in Danby, Vermont in the Autumn of 83 and returned with a hat. A Patriots hat.
Watching the past 20+ years has been amazing as a Patriots follower, who remembers when they were really terrible(early 90s for instance) , but we have a new Dynasty (KC) now. Was hoping the Lions could do it. Shame.

Last edited:
Gutted for Detroit. A little surprised at KC doing Baltimore, but still not moving away from my prediction of a SF Super Bowl win.

Gutted for Detroit. A little surprised at KC doing Baltimore, but still not moving away from my prediction of a SF Super Bowl win.
Hope you're right! I almost turned off and went to bed at 24-7, now very glad I didn't. I'll be in the States on the 11th, so don't have to take the Monday after the Superbowl off work for once.

I stand by my often stated belief that while Lamar Jackson is hugely talented, he's as likely to throw the game away as he is to win it. I don't know why he didn't use his legs more yesterday. 1st read, 2nd read then run if neither open. He seemed to want to prove he was a pocket passer last night. Purdy has a fraction of his athleticism yet his scrambles were vital in the 49ers coming back to win.

Hope you're right! I almost turned off and went to bed at 24-7, now very glad I didn't. I'll be in the States on the 11th, so don't have to take the Monday after the Superbowl off work for once.

I stand by my often stated belief that while Lamar Jackson is hugely talented, he's as likely to throw the game away as he is to win it. I don't know why he didn't use his legs more yesterday. 1st read, 2nd read then run if neither open. He seemed to want to prove he was a pocket passer last night. Purdy has a fraction of his athleticism yet his scrambles were vital in the 49ers coming back to win.
Being in the US for Super Bowl weekend will be quite interesting, it will be wall to wall.

Agree wholeheartedly about Jackson. Has the ability to turn any game but is hindered by some odd tactics.

I hope the 49ers can win it, mainly for Brock Purdy. That guy gets so much crap talked about him and it would be so sweet for him to get a ring. From Mr Irrelevant to Mr Inevitable.

Saying that, the meltdown that would happen on the political right if the Chiefs win will be a sight to behold - the Kelce/Swift thing is rotting their brains. So it's a win win for me, fun to be had whoever wins.

Purdy has the potential to lose it for them.

But I am at the stage where it's anyone apart from fucking Mahomes and Kelce.

I have gone off them so much this season.

I have followed the Patriots since the early 80s.( I have documentary evidence to prove it as most folks assume I was bandwagoner).My Dad worked over there at a quarry in Danby, Vermont in the Autumn of 83 and returned with a hat. A Patriots hat.
Watching the past 20+ years has been amazing as a Patriots follower, who remembers when they were really terrible(early 90s for instance) , but we have a new Dynasty (KC) now. Was hoping the Lions could do it. Shame.
I used to watch the NFL back in the day and even went up to Wembley to see a few games but these days it bores me, I can just about watch a few minutes of the highlights and that’s it.

Going back in to the mists of time I also followed the Patriots and can remember watching the Super Bowl when they played the Bears - they were hammered. They were the first wild card team to win all their play off games on the road and make the Super Bowl. They had some quality players including my favourite player Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan and Tony Eason who had a mare in the final.

I used to watch the NFL back in the day and even went up to Wembley to see a few games but these days it bores me, I can just about watch a few minutes of the highlights and that’s it.

Going back in to the mists of time I also followed the Patriots and can remember watching the Super Bowl when they played the Bears - they were hammered. They were the first wild card team to win all their play off games on the road and make the Super Bowl. They had some quality players including my favourite player Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan and Tony Eason who had a mare in the final.
They came up against The Refrigerator in that final. Nobody was getting through him.

My username on the PatsFans forum is Stanley Grogan...

Was a big watcher of the NFL when I was in school in the 80s - probably leaned towards the 49ers at the time due to having been to San Francisco but suspect there was also a factor that they were the best team at the time

Gradually went off it in the 90s and onwards, keep trying to get back into it but never seem able to fully get into the game anymore.

May watch the Superbowl as not working on the Monday but I have a tendency to fall asleep around 1130 🤣

Was a big watcher of the NFL when I was in school in the 80s - probably leaned towards the 49ers at the time due to having been to San Francisco but suspect there was also a factor that they were the best team at the time

Gradually went off it in the 90s and onwards, keep trying to get back into it but never seem able to fully get into the game anymore.

May watch the Superbowl as not working on the Monday but I have a tendency to fall asleep around 1130 🤣
Try and make it to 11:31pm, you’ll at least then see the kick off :)

I'm a bit late to the party here, don't look in enough to see there was a thread. Absolutely gutting especially the way we stormed into the lead. It was the first NFL match I've stayed up to watch that wasn't a Superbowl. Hopefully this wasn't a flash in the pan and we won't have to wait 33 years for the next Conference Championship game.

Not sure what Sunday holds for me, have told my Nigerian friend I'll watch the AFCON final if they get through, I'll have no hope of staying up for the Superbowl if I do!

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back