• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wyndham Evans

Neath_Jack said:
I like him, as passionate, one eyed Jack as you could meet.

Makes me laugh some of the stuff h comes out with, like watching it with one of the boys.

He’s exactly the same when he’s down at our local. Commentates with a mic in the same way as we would when watching the game on the telly. A lovely bloke and it’s no fault of his that he doesn’t appeal to all.

There’s some right miserable t**ts on here. If you don’t like his commentary, you could press mute, or even stick the radio commentary on?

Ross said:
There’s some right miserable t**ts on here. If you don’t like his commentary, you could press mute, or even stick the radio commentary on?

Name names Ross!

Are all those who voice opinions different to yours, "miserable twats"?

I like him a true Jack the football is rubbish most of the time and can rely on Wyndham to cheer us up.

There are plenty of pundits who talk rubbish and are boring as well.

Wyndham = Legend.

Christmas spirit in full flow on here!

Lifelong said:
I agree, there’s only one Wyndham.

I totally agree, Wyndham was a fabulous 'heart on his sleeve' type player for us.

Much better than many of these mercenary prima donnas, masquerading as players nowadays.

Based on some comments in this thread, I may be considered strange, but I often agree with his spontaneous passionate comments. When watching the Swans on TV, who needs 'dry tactical' opinions?

He's a club legend, with a personality...that's our Wyndham.

I know Wyndham won't appeal to all.
But you know you're listening to a Swans Fan when he's on. How he commentates is probably how half of us would, given the mic.
Especially against our Eastern cousins.
Personally I think he adds a lot of passion to the match.
For the best, most intelligent and knowledgeable commentator, for me it's Leon.
For being a blinkered, totally biased JB, it has to be Wyndham

A far better experience all round last night with Lee Trundle commentating.

Jackfath said:

I agree, I thought that might have been the best commentary performance Trunds has had, but, I also think, if you’re tuning in to Swans TV expecting top notch commentary, you’re a bit of a fool. I watched our friendly against Dundee on their channel, believe me, I’d take Wyndham shouting for a penalty every day of the week 😂

Jackfath said:

Even better in the stadium, and no commentators to tell you what's happening either...

Wish they could get the sound right on Swans TV. You can hardly hear the crowd at all. With the Cardiff game we were told that the stadium was rocking but sounded more like the Emirates.

Wyndham commentates like he played, totally committed, gives everything, and would do and say anything to try and get a Swans win in a fully biased and uncompromising way.

It’s like having a mic thrown down on the table in the pub and you and your mates watching the match on the screen and just calling it out from the hip and everyone’s listening in to your comments. You don’t take it all too seriously and you just roll with the flow.

The big clue for me (which I think some on here are missing…) is he’s on Swans TV, that’s Swans TV (not the Beeb) 😉

guthrieintherain said:
I like him a true Jack the football is rubbish most of the time and can rely on Wyndham to cheer us up.

There are plenty of pundits who talk rubbish and are boring as well.

Lineker. Shearer, Alex Scott and Ferdinand as example's.

Half the battle with Swans TV is that they sit in a darkened room where the crowd noise doesn’t flow into the background of the commentary

Add to that away games are largely covered from a studio at the Swansea.com stadium and they rely on the same tv pictures we see and it’s a pretty depressing coverage in total

Wyndham is what Wyndham is the mad old uncle you enjoy watching games with. Sometimes

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back