• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wyndham Evans

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 2,763
I thought it was pretty clear that he meant that having cocked up himself it would be difficult for him to criticise the players for cocking up.

Did anyone else hear Nathan Dyer on Rob Phillips a few weeks back? Bloody great he was: articulate, insightful, intelligent, calm - the exact opposite of Wyndham in fact.

I actually enjoy Wyndham's commentary. Unashamedly biased and passionate. Sure, he talks some shite but I find it entertaining...and let's be honest, it's been needed over the last couple of years.

If I was to commentate instead of Wyndham, there'd be a lot of bleeps, especially involving the ref and linesman.
Wyndham- biased (as most of us would be), wants the boys to do well (as most of us do), wants to see us score and defend (1st is pretty normal, second would be bloody lovely to see. Even just once!).
I'm all for Wyndham- he's like the fan zone that Sky used to do (maybe still do.)
He's funny to listen to. Maybe it's just me, but I don't actually need a commentator to watch our games.

Best we have as a commentator is Leon btw.
Trunds, Nath are very knowledgeable.
Ash is certainly more knowledgeable than Gabbidon or Mohammed. But then, there's more intelligent things lying on the bottom of ponds with their legs in the air than either of those 2.
Funniest to listen to and a real emotional JB- Wyndham

Amazing how quickly some turn.

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11095

Jackfath said:
Amazing how quickly some turn.

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11095

I haven't.

People are either going to like Wyndham's heart on the sleeve commentary, completely biased and blinkered.
Or they're not.
Don't really see a middle ground when he's commentating.
I'll take Wyndham over the overpaid dicks commentating.
The likes of Gabbidon, Lineker, Ferdinand and quite a few others.
I'd love to hear Jeff Stelling doing a commentary on a Hartlepool match as well. That could be absolutely hilarious. :lol:

I too am reminded of the Fan Zone thing that Sky once had but ditched because of it's unsurprising unpopularity. Who wants to hear someone with nothing interesting to say shrieking and embarrassing themselves by consistently making incorrect calls? Does it make it any more bearable if they are a "proper fan"? I guess the difference between Wyndham and the old Fan Zone was that Sky's option was optional, in Wyndham's case not only do you have no choice but are paying £25 p/month for the earache.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back