• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

"Liz Truss, whose side are you on?"

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 49
  • Views: Views 2,847
exiledclaseboy said:
Worth checking out some of Truss’s local radio interviews this morning. They are brutal. She is so so bad. They obviously thought they’d feed her to a few local journalists as they thought that’d be easier for her to handle than the big hitters of the national stations. Boy did that backfire.

Kudos to the local journalists. If cretins like Peston, Kuenssberg and others demonstrated 5% of the rigour shown today we wouldn't be where we are.

Yougov’s latest poll has Labour on 54% and the Tories on 21%. They’d probably get about 20 seats on that sort of vote share.

Pegojack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Worth checking out some of Truss’s local radio interviews this morning. They are brutal. She is so so bad. They obviously thought they’d feed her to a few local journalists as they thought that’d be easier for her to handle than the big hitters of the national stations. Boy did that backfire.

It doesn't matter who she gets interviewed by, there's no protection against being as thick as a canteen mug.

Earlier today someone described her as being as thick as a castle wall, I thought that was also a good descriptor.

exiledclaseboy said:

It certainly did. I imagine her advisers thought that local radio hosts would (1) be not as good as the professional political journalists in London, and (2) would be starstruck to talk to her, but it didn't work out at all like that. The local journalists knew that they'll never talk to her again, so they weren't afraid of being brutal because her staff couldn't threaten them by denying them any future interviews with her. And for me, the killer bits weren't about the national picture (where she was dreadful) but when they brought up their local knowledge - when she said that fracking would be by local consent, the Radio Lancashire broadcaster pointed out that their 2 local MPs were against it (both Conservatives), as was a majority of a Lancashire poll so would she now cancel it? Waffle, waffle. And a Radio Norfolk interviewer pointed out that NHS funds were so tight that a roof had collapsed in a hospital in her own Norfolk constituency, and she didn't appear to know that.

There's a link to the whole set of interviews on the BBC main page.

JackSomething said:
Best_loser said:
One of the presenters on GB news just suggested the run on the pound and financial chaos might have nothing to do with truss and kwasi , I might be because of a fear of a future labour government she suggested 😁

Inaya folarin iman , former brexit party candidate

We're so fortunate that institutions like GB News exist, giving us the unbiased facts that the mainstream media are too scared to report on... :shock:

It really is a bizarre channel , makes fox news look tame , some woman on it this week going by the name of leilani appeared to be their expert on the war in Ukraine looked a bit familiar so I googled her , turns out she is an ex page 3 girl and wag of a few footballers 😁

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back