• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

20 mph limits

This, it was always likely, another shocking legacy for Dreadful to lose sleep over in his retirement, useless fuking article, is there anything he's done been any good, ffs
He's not someone I hold in the highest regard.

Last edited:
A step in the direction towards common sense. Shame about the waste of valuable funds spent getting us this far.
Common sense indeed does seem to prevail.

It's just a shame it wasn't used at the inception. It could have saved an awful lot of money we don't apparently have in the first place.

Common sense indeed does seem to prevail.

It's just a shame it wasn't used at the inception. It could have saved an awful lot of money we don't apparently have in the first place.
If he gets rid of many of the unnecessary 20mph speed limit areas he’ll be doing his career prospects a lot of good.

There’s defo a place for 20mph limits, but the way the whole thing has been brought in is mental, the guidance is ridiculous.

Personally, I don't think a lot will change in Swansea, be interesting to see what he says on Tuesday, but my guess is absolutely nothing will change in Swansea, apart from the odd one or two roads.

If he gets rid of many of the unnecessary 20mph speed limit areas he’ll be doing his career prospects a lot of good.

There’s defo a place for 20mph limits, but the way the whole thing has been brought in is mental, the guidance is ridiculous.
It was bonkers, the whole roll out was completely thoughtless and terribly planned. Utter waste of money and quite honestly incredible embarrassing for those involved.

I think we can all agree that for certain roads 20mph is the right thing not a complete blanket approach which in theory it is.

Refreshing change for Ken Skates to hold his hands up and say they got it wrong. Just need to wait any see if his actions match his words.

Personally, I don't think a lot will change in Swansea, be interesting to see what he says on Tuesday, but my guess is absolutely nothing will change in Swansea, apart from the odd one or two roads.
Like everything, it will come down to money. Someone needs to foot the bill.

Like everything, it will come down to money. Someone needs to foot the bill.
Even so, there will be IMO, not a lot of changes, I look at the wording there in that BBC report, schools hospitals and also built up areas, and that there is universal support for 20mph being targeted there. I would be surprised if it's a total reversal of what they implemented, back last September, it will be one or two roads off.

Built up areas, housing estates? I think that's how they will keep the majority of roads at 20mph in Swansea on. Even the main roads, running through it. I hope I am wrong.

Edit: And just to say about this 20mph limit around schools, is absolutely ridiculous, when the kids are actually coming out, my speed is below 10, or say 5, because you never know when they could step out. Any large crowds, you just slow right down. It's only for a short stretch of road, so I doubt anyone would have a problem with that. I think my pet hate at the moment is that road in LLewitha, it's the quietest road for pedestrians I have ever seen, and also the pavements are set way back from the road, it was bad enough when it was 30, now that's a 20.. Would that count as a built up area?, I am thinking it will, so if that's the case this announcement will do not a great deal of change.

Last edited:
Looks like Gethin and Co need money to backtrack on their decision making , lets ask Central Government for funds .

Westminster are really going to buy this , you made your bed , sleep in it , so more WAG and Drakeford nonsense .
This was your allocation for funding , you blew it on road signs , paint and a massive PR campaign , no refund .

No problem whatsoever crawling past a school at home time , I do not need a campaign to drive sensibly .

GoSafe /SWP I have been lead to believe are using night vision trap cameras in their vans , not seen one of them parked in my area lately , after dark my main road is on a par with Le Mans .

GoSafe /SWP I have been lead to believe are using night vision trap cameras in their vans , not seen one of them parked in my area lately , after dark my main road is on a par with Le Mans .

These go safe mobile vans are an absolute disgrace to be honest, the majority of time I have seen them, have always targeted areas that the driver is likely to put their foot down, Broadway and Llweitha for an example, which for me, is not about road safety, it's just a bloody cash cow, ripping us right off. :mad:

Even so, there will be IMO, not a lot of changes, I look at the wording there in that BBC report, schools hospitals and also built up areas, and that there is universal support for 20mph being targeted there. I would be surprised if it's a total reversal of what they implemented, back last September, it will be one or two roads off.

Built up areas, housing estates? I think that's how they will keep the majority of roads at 20mph in Swansea on. Even the main roads, running through it. I hope I am wrong.

Edit: And just to say about this 20mph limit around schools, is absolutely ridiculous, when the kids are actually coming out, my speed is below 10, or say 5, because you never know when they could step out. Any large crowds, you just slow right down. It's only for a short stretch of road, so I doubt anyone would have a problem with that. I think my pet hate at the moment is that road in LLewitha, it's the quietest road for pedestrians I have ever seen, and also the pavements are set way back from the road, it was bad enough when it was 30, now that's a 20.. Would that count as a built up area?, I am thinking it will, so if that's the case this announcement will do not a great deal of change.
Probably nothing more than a token gesture to try and appease a few loyal voters in the hope they don't remember this completely clusterfeck in the next Senedd Election or possibly General Election.

This reminds me of some of the road modifications around Swansea in recent years. They make a complete pigs ear of it, then eventually they improve it.

The bendybus-influenced Russian roulette traffic flow along Kingsway, and the dire bus lane on Neath Road with the right turn into Pentre Mawr. They were both utterly obviously idiotic. They're ok now.

Is there something in the Welsh psyche that means this is just how things get done here? I wonder sometimes.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back