• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

20mph Limits

jack123 said:
Well, if I did shout Yeee Haaa, the pedestrian would more than likely hear me, hey I'm not talking doing crazy speeding here, just overtaking someone who will likely be going between 10-15 miles per hour.

This seems like an all out war against car drivers? I'm slightly puzzled why nobody else has any concerns about this..

It just seems one big scam to me, you only have to look at where they position the mobile speed cameras, from what I have seen they put them in positions where there is hardly any pedestrian activity. Take Broadway for example, I don't think I have seen any pedestrians there ever, yet they place a mobile speed camera there quite often, why? because they know the car driver will more likely speed up, because it is safe to do so.
Is it speed cameras or the new 20mph zones, that's upsetting you, or both.

Swanjaxs said:
Funnily enough (or not) there was a crash on my road on Thursday last week, just a shunt between two cars at a junction, nobody got injured and insurance details exchanged most probably, point being, just because every accident between motor vehicles don't make the WOL doesn't mean they don't happen...
20mph is a good way to go imho, the extra 10 could be the difference between someone's and thier family life's changing forever.
Surely you must see this J123?

I appreciate what you are saying, but surely you must be a drone of the new world order saying stuff like that?

One question at what point does the nanny state stop?

jack123 said:
I appreciate what you are saying, but surely you must be a drone of the new world order saying stuff like that?

One question at what point does the nanny state stop?

I'm out kid, you just carry on speeding through built up areas, just don't hurt any of my loved ones aye ... 👍

Jack2jack said:
Is it speed cameras or the new 20mph zones, that's upsetting you, or both.

Sorry Yes, just seen this it's the 20mph enforced by the woke people up the road, apparently it's to save lives, and cut pollution. It was all about pollution, first of all, now with some backlash, I note they are trying to change it to speed.

exiledclaseboy said:
Are you suggesting that reducing the speed limit to 20mph may cause more people to have heart attacks due to behind the wheel stress? If so, I got nothing.
Yes. I understand why people in position have to make policy but I don't think that the possibility of increased stress levels and the potential health consequences have been considered in depth.
I know myself that my stress levels can get worse through traffic hold or any kind of delays though the answer will be that people should plan for them.

jack123 said:
Sorry Yes, just seen this it's the 20mph enforced by the woke people up the road, apparently it's to save lives, and cut pollution. It was all about pollution, first of all, now with some backlash, I note they are trying to change it to speed.
Why is anyone objecting to the new proposals, what price would you put on one life saved. Or maybe is just because folk might be ever so slightly inconvenienced.

Jack2jack said:
Why is anyone objecting to the new proposals, what price would you put on one life saved. Or maybe is just because folk might be ever so slightly inconvenienced.

Because they are ridiculous that's why..

I would think that any loss of life pedestrian wise, would mainly be their fault, the amount of times pedestrians wearing headphones or talking on the phone, have just stepped out into danger is nobody's business.

Put it this way, if I see any pedestrian wankas on the phone, or headphones on near a junction crossing point, I slow down.

jack_lord said:
Yes. I understand why people in position have to make policy but I don't think that the possibility of increased stress levels and the potential health consequences have been considered in depth.
I know myself that my stress levels can get worse through traffic hold or any kind of delays though the answer will be that people should plan for them.

Congestion is absolutely the worst, Walters Road can be brutal at 5pm trying to get up to Tycoch so I feel your pain my friend.
I just wind the window down a little and put some Bob Marley on my Spotify playlist...

Give it a go 😎🇯🇲

jack123 said:

I would think that any loss of life pedestrian wise, would mainly be their fault, the amount of times pedestrians wearing headphones or talking on the phone, have just stepped out into danger is nobody's business.

Put it this way, if I see any pedestrian wankas on the phone, or headphones on near a junction crossing point, I slow down.

Go to bed ffs

jack123 said:

Thanks for clearing that up.👍

jack123 said:

And i say that with the uppermost respect to human life.. This is not something i am saying to pee people off. You just know come September, you will be stuck behind someone doing ten miles per hour.

Swanjaxs said:
Go to bed ffs

Why? For pointing out that if a pedestrian get's injured or killed, it would be their fault.. Not the motorist.

The way things are now, with 30 mph unless a driver mounts the pavement, it can never be his/her fault unless they are doing a lot more, bring back education for pedestrians I say.

I like to think that if we time warped to 1991 somehow, Jack123 would be telling us how ridiculous it is that the woke authorities are now telling us we have to wear seatbelts...

JackSomething said:
I like to think that if we time warped to 1991 somehow, Jack123 would be telling us how ridiculous it is that the woke authorities are now telling us we have to wear seatbelts...

And also telling us he had a Sinclair C5 for sale @150 quid :lol:

JackSomething said:

Well how come the rest of the uk are not doing this? Ask yourself that..

Let's be clear here, unless something was lost in translation. I am saying that on certain roads 20mph is ridiculous namely Mynwydd Newydd, would you agree or disagree?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back