• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

I thought I was dreaming the 20mph limit

Neath_Jack said:
Who said the millennium bug was a myth? You seem to read my posts and start furiously replying to something that I hadn't posted. It's a bit weird.

I'm not interested in whether the policy is popular or not, I was just passing comment (again) that it has still made no difference to my travelling times, despite travelling pretty much the length and breadth of this glorious country of ours. For the record as well, I don't care if anyone else will be 'doing' the policy' wherever that may be, and I also wouldn't care much if they scrapped it in Wales either. Because it makes no difference to me.

“The doom mongering” that implies people making a fuss over nothing does it not?

I think the difference between your opinion and my opinion is that you’re looking at it through your own lived experience. I’m more interested on the impact of wider communities and more especially business.

All my objections have been based on the fact that without adherence to the letter through strong enforcement the benefits will be negligible and the downsides are there for all to see.

rockinj said:
Agree or disagree with the sentiment of this post. Fundamentally the truth is vast majority have not changed their driving habits. I do wonder if the cops give a sh1t as well, in order of priority and rightly so this must be right down the bottom

Yes, the police don't give a shi*e either, I'm no human speed camera, but I can judge easily when a police vehicle is doing over 20 in a 20 zone, so they must think it's a load of rubbish as well.

I'm glad, that the vast majority are completely ignoring this silly rule, because I can see the future with the WG pulling the stings, and it's absolutely crazy!!

Just look at this Lee Waters post, he put up on X/Twitter, just a few weeks after the introduction of the 20mph blanket ban, they just don't want cars, and the mad thing, not even trying to hide it. https://twitter.com/Amanwy/status/1714185637413154821

jack123 said:
Yes, the police don't give a shi*e either, I'm no human speed camera, but I can judge easily when a police vehicle is doing over 20 in a 20 zone, so they must think it's a load of rubbish as well.

I'm glad, that the vast majority are completely ignoring this silly rule, because I can see the future with the WG pulling the stings, and it's absolutely crazy!!

Just look at this Lee Waters post, he put up on X/Twitter, just a few weeks after the introduction of the 20mph blanket ban, they just don't want cars, and the mad thing, not even trying to hide it. https://twitter.com/Amanwy/status/1714185637413154821

He’s a weirdo that waters. Call me strange but I love to drive and see different places and obviously need it to pay taxes as well. But who cares about economic activity in his world just blame Westminster and demand more money.

I've decided to ignore the signs and carry on driving with a little bit of common sense. Same as I always did.
In over 30 years of driving I've had 2 accidents. Once when somebody hit me reversing out of my drive, and another time when I hit a car when parking. Both times I was travelling at less that 5mph.

Saying that, only 1 new 20mph zone has annoyed me and thats the stretch of Mynydd Newydd road just after the common heading towards Ravenhill. No way that needs to be 20 and I'm glad most people also ignore the new limit. The few times I'm behind somebody, obeying the law puts me on the verge of serious road rage. Almost to the point of getting out of my car, walking alongside theirs to give their head a wobble :)

“The few times I'm behind somebody, obeying the law puts me on the verge of serious road rage. Almost to the point of getting out of my car, walking alongside theirs to give their head a wobble”

No further questions, your Honour

jed said:
I've decided to ignore the signs and carry on driving with a little bit of common sense. Same as I always did.
In over 30 years of driving I've had 2 accidents. Once when somebody hit me reversing out of my drive, and another time when I hit a car when parking. Both times I was travelling at less that 5mph.

Saying that, only 1 new 20mph zone has annoyed me and thats the stretch of Mynydd Newydd road just after the common heading towards Ravenhill. No way that needs to be 20 and I'm glad most people also ignore the new limit. The few times I'm behind somebody, obeying the law puts me on the verge of serious road rage. Almost to the point of getting out of my car, walking alongside theirs to give their head a wobble :)

I'm getting a bit of serious road rage, the people I have encountered, if I see I can't overtake them, due to oncoming traffic, I go really near them, only lasts for 10 seconds, and then I back off, but I know I shouldn't do that. It's quite intimidating , and no doubt if I carry on like that, some git will slam on, and I'll go straight into the back of them.

Glad I wrote that, it sounds so childish and silly when written, that I would tailgate somebody, truth be told I used to hate that being done to me, when I first passed my test, I found it quite intimidating, so last time I do that.

jack123 said:
I'm getting a bit of serious road rage, the people I have encountered, if I see I can't overtake them, due to oncoming traffic, I go really near them, only lasts for 10 seconds, and then I back off, but I know I shouldn't do that. It's quite intimidating , and no doubt if I carry on like that, some git will slam on, and I'll go straight into the back of them.

Glad I wrote that, it sounds so childish and silly when written, that I would tailgate somebody, truth be told I used to hate that being done to me, when I first passed my test, I found it quite intimidating, so last time I do that.

In all fairness I've never been directly behind the person doing it on the stretch that annoys me. I'm usually at the back of about 15 other cars with drivers surely feeling the same way.

Another go slow protest, about having to go too slow.

Says it all really :lol:

I see 50 people turned up at the Senedd to protest.

The organisers should reduce that to 20 on safety grounds.

For me this whole thing has been much ado about very little.

Darran said:
We’ve had it now.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/englishman-says-stop-coming-wales-28001980

Is he from Felixstowe?

In all fairness I've never been directly behind the person doing it on the stretch that annoys me. I'm usually at the back of about 15 other cars with drivers surely feeling the same way.
There is a mobile speed van quite regularly parked on that stretch of road between the end of Heol Gwyrosydd and the start of Broughton avenue.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back