• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

I thought I was dreaming the 20mph limit

Skippyjack said:
Seeing through a human body is basic, recording something that's happened, and able to see what happened again (unless a glitch) is basic, and there's you who says someone who sh*ts and farts all day is better because they can think apparently..
You

Like i said, it's a long way off yet. Now you are talking about medical stuff, would you be happy if AI made a decision on your health? Like I said, this stuff is a long, long way away yet.

Edit: Nice to speak to you anyway skip, and don't take whatever I say to heart..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8

Do the Dutch not realise that this will decimate their tourism? What a backward thinking city eh!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/world-news/amsterdam-lower-speed-limits-below-27837863

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67162541

And the wider implications starting to kick in.

But it’s North Wales and affects some tiny communities so who cares.

rockinj said:

Whereas no bus company in Wales was cutting routes before the 20mph limit...

I'm not saying this is definitely a handy excuse for Arriva, but it would hardly be a stretch would it?

JackSomething said:
Whereas no bus company in Wales was cutting routes before the 20mph limit...

I'm not saying this is definitely a handy excuse for Arriva, but it would hardly be a stretch would it?

I don’t doubt that there is some truth to what you say as the evidence is there. However it’s clearly going to impact transportation.

Watching news the other night and a business in valleys was saying they used to be able to complete over 100 deliveries now it’s around 80. That is real world impacts.

That’s of course if businesses and individuals are abiding. I don’t know about you but I’m finding vast majority are still driving at 30mph ish.

The confusion is clearly palpable at times as well. Without repeater signs it is very confusing, if you’re not Welsh goodness knows how they’re finding it.

rockinj said:
I don’t doubt that there is some truth to what you say as the evidence is there. However it’s clearly going to impact transportation.

Watching news the other night and a business in valleys was saying they used to be able to complete over 100 deliveries now it’s around 80. That is real world impacts.

That’s of course if businesses and individuals are abiding. I don’t know about you but I’m finding vast majority are still driving at 30mph ish.

The confusion is clearly palpable at times as well. Without repeater signs it is very confusing, if you’re not Welsh goodness knows how they’re finding it.

No argument with a lot of that.

I have to admit I find myself driving at 30 a majority of the time. The main difference being that I would often be doing 35 in a 30 zone, now I don't go over 30. If I find myself driving behind someone sticking to 20 then I do the same and don't drive on their bumper.

The signage issue really should have been sorted before the change was introduced.

Still happy to report that I've seen no difference to my travelling.

I did drive to Aberystwyth this week, and got a bit fed up of going 60 / 50 /40 /30 /20 in all sorts of orders. Overall travel time difference wasn't any different to what it normally is though (I do the route roughly once a month).

Reminds me of all the doom mongering about the carnage that was predicted by the millennium bug.

rockinj said:

So much for the Wg plans, everyone will be walking or using public transport.. :lol:

Neath_Jack said:

I did drive to Aberystwyth this week, and got a bit fed up of going 60 / 50 /40 /30 /20 in all sorts of orders. Overall travel time difference wasn't any different to what it normally is though (I do the route roughly once a month).

Reminds me of all the doom mongering about the carnage that was predicted by the millennium bug.

The millennium bug was not a myth. It was stopped by lots of planning and work by development teams. Without this work there would have been issues. Just because nothing happened doesn’t mean it was a myth far from it.

If you want to see how popular the policy is listen to Pat McFadden on LBC this morning. To say UK labour are distancing themselves is a slight understatement. Very clear they will not be doing the policy across UK.

Neath_Jack said:

It’s made no difference to me around Swansea either. But then I’m normally travelling during busy times. Our 7 mile route for taxing kids to activities still takes between 25 and 35 minutes, so that’s only an average of 12-17 mph. Traffic, light sequencing and any roadworks make much more of a difference than lowering the speed limit (Sketty is a right pain in the arse with the works there).

The opposition to it seems to be political as much as anything. I’d be interested in seeing any hard data about the impacts though. Maybe there is some evidence it’s slowing journey times. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is at certain times when it’s less busy. If it saves lives, then that’s fine in my book.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
It’s made no difference to me around Swansea either. But then I’m normally travelling during busy times. Our 7 mile route for taxing kids to activities still takes between 25 and 35 minutes, so that’s only an average of 12-17 mph. Traffic, light sequencing and any roadworks make much more of a difference than lowering the speed limit (Sketty is a right pain in the arse with the works there).

The opposition to it seems to be political as much as anything. I’d be interested in seeing any hard data about the impacts though. Maybe there is some evidence it’s slowing journey times. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is at certain times when it’s less busy. If it saves lives, then that’s fine in my book.

Wouldn't mind seeing the hard data? Now that's interesting, considering I would say over 95% of the drivers in Swansea are ignoring the barmy 20mph limit, what would the figures mean?

Fortunately for me this week , I have only encountered less than a handful of sub 20 mph merchants, but thank the lord they are in the minority. :cool:

rockinj said:
The millennium bug was not a myth. It was stopped by lots of planning and work by development teams. Without this work there would have been issues. Just because nothing happened doesn’t mean it was a myth far from it.

If you want to see how popular the policy is listen to Pat McFadden on LBC this morning. To say UK labour are distancing themselves is a slight understatement. Very clear they will not be doing the policy across UK.

Who said the millennium bug was a myth? You seem to read my posts and start furiously replying to something that I hadn't posted. It's a bit weird.

I'm not interested in whether the policy is popular or not, I was just passing comment (again) that it has still made no difference to my travelling times, despite travelling pretty much the length and breadth of this glorious country of ours. For the record as well, I don't care if anyone else will be 'doing' the policy' wherever that may be, and I also wouldn't care much if they scrapped it in Wales either. Because it makes no difference to me.

Made no difference whatsoever to my 6.5 mile daily commute into town. My typical journey times can be anywhere between 30 and 50 minutes depending on weight of traffic, roadworks etc. It still p!$$es me off how it can take so long, to travel such a short distance. Basically the 20mph limit has made no difference, I'm not suggesting that it doesnt affect other folk going about there business, from what I've observed it is being largely ignored.

jack123 said:
Wouldn't mind seeing the hard data? Now that's interesting, considering I would say over 95% of the drivers in Swansea are ignoring the barmy 20mph limit, what would the figures mean?

Fortunately for me this week , I have only encountered less than a handful of sub 20 mph merchants, but thank the lord they are in the minority. :cool:

Agree or disagree with the sentiment of this post. Fundamentally the truth is vast majority have not changed their driving habits. I do wonder if the cops give a sh1t as well, in order of priority and rightly so this must be right down the bottom

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back