• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

20mph Limits

BLAZE said:
And 20mph is far higher than 10mph, where are you gonna draw the line?

I haven't seen the areas affected but if Mynydd Newydd Road is 20mph as claimed above then thats ridiculous

No one’s suggested 10mph limits though. 20mph limits are already quite widespread in urban areas, especially residential areas. Lower speed limits save lives and improve air quality. Set the speed limit at 30 and most of us will drive at about 35. Set it at 20 it reduces to 25. All these things are factored in.

That said I’ve no strong view on this and like you haven’t seen or looked at the affected areas. I just know a fair bit about how these decisions are arrived at whether we agree or not.

exiledclaseboy said:
Hit someone at 30mph there’s a far higher chance you kill them than there is if you hit someone at 20mph.

Yeah absolute bollocks, look where the speed cameras are. I just can't understand, what appears to be the stance on uehere, do you actually really think that driving at 15-20mph is going to be good?

What about the children of Wales, if they ever go to England, how will they cope with the roads, My guess, they won't same as the silly one way system Swansea Council did with the buses, which cost a few lives. And I hate to say. but this implementation will as well.

BLAZE said:
And 20mph is far higher than 10mph, where are you gonna draw the line?

I haven't seen the areas affected but if Mynydd Newydd Road is 20mph as claimed above then thats ridiculous

There are some roads around here where it is beyond belief (not a soul anywhere near the road), but other areas where it is clearly necessary. Clearly the decision has been to try and save lives with a blanket approach as differentiating is too hard. Can anyone really argue against it. 20 was chosen apparently because there is a much greater chance of survival, 20 to 10 is significant diminishing returns.

I’m no expert though.

jack123 said:
Well, if I did shout Yeee Haaa, the pedestrian would more than likely hear me, hey I'm not talking doing crazy speeding here, just overtaking someone who will likely be going between 10-15 miles per hour.

This seems like an all out war against car drivers? I'm slightly puzzled why nobody else has any concerns about this..

It just seems one big scam to me, you only have to look at where they position the mobile speed cameras, from what I have seen they put them in positions where there is hardly any pedestrian activity. Take Broadway for example, I don't think I have seen any pedestrians there ever, yet they place a mobile speed camera there quite often, why? because they know the car driver will more likely speed up, because it is safe to do so.

" I'm slightly puzzled why nobody else has any concerns about this.."

Yes, of course you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

jack123 said:
Yeah absolute bollocks, look where the speed cameras are. I just can't understand, what appears to be the stance on uehere, do you actually really think that driving at 15-20mph is going to be good?

What about the children of Wales, if they ever go to England, how will they cope with the roads, My guess, they won't same as the silly one way system Swansea Council did with the buses, which cost a few lives. And I hate to say. but this implementation will as well.

Why on earth do you think we don't have 20mph zones here in England? There are loads of them :lol:

Swanjaxs said:

Wow, that's all i can say. I really expected people to have a little moan about it.. Nope only one, like we are 30mph now, I don't regularly see reports of accidents on any roads in Swansea?, If I have come across them, from memory it's people doing in excess of 70.

karnataka said:
Why on earth do you think we don't have 20mph zones here in England? There are loads of them :lol:

You missed my point completely.

jack123 said:
Wow, that's all i can say. I really expected people to have a little moan about it.. Nope only one, like we are 30mph now, I don't regularly see reports of accidents on any roads in Swansea?, If I have come across them, from memory it's people doing in excess of 70.

Funnily enough (or not) there was a crash on my road on Thursday last week, just a shunt between two cars at a junction, nobody got injured and insurance details exchanged most probably, point being, just because every accident between motor vehicles don't make the WOL doesn't mean they don't happen...
20mph is a good way to go imho, the extra 10 could be the difference between someone's and thier family life's changing forever.
Surely you must see this J123?

exiledclaseboy said:
No one’s suggested 10mph limits though. 20mph limits are already quite widespread in urban areas, especially residential areas. Lower speed limits save lives and improve air quality. Set the speed limit at 30 and most of us will drive at about 35. Set it at 20 it reduces to 25. All these things are factored in.

That said I’ve no strong view on this and like you haven’t seen or looked at the affected areas. I just know a fair bit about how these decisions are arrived at whether we agree or not.

I understand what you mean but why can't the authorities involved be more decisive about particular roads having 20 mph limits.
I drive a lot and I see how stupid people can be in the vehicles and how accidents are caused and people are injured or worse. One thing I am also aware of is heart and circulatory diseases cause a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that's more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.
Have the authorities considered the the potential increase in stress levels of drivers who are now facing longer in the car or van or any other vehicle that is going to experience a 30% increase in journey times?

jack_lord said:
I understand what you mean but why can't the authorities involved be more decisive about particular roads having 20 mph limits.
I drive a lot and I see how stupid people can be in the vehicles and how accidents are caused and people are injured or worse. One thing I am also aware of is heart and circulatory diseases cause a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that's more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.
Have the authorities considered the the potential increase in stress levels of drivers who are now facing longer in the car or van or any other vehicle that is going to experience a 30% increase in journey times?

Are you suggesting that reducing the speed limit to 20mph may cause more people to have heart attacks due to behind the wheel stress? If so, I got nothing.

Check this site out, some may find it informative.
https://www.crashmap.co.uk/Search

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back