• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | The Swans v The Owls | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Sheffield Wednesday?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sheff Wed win

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duff's style seems far closer to Cooper than Martin, which in the long run, if he can improve performances (and that remains a very big IF), might be a good thing.

As dull as we were to watch at times under the Ponty Goblin, we were a far more effective team than we were at any point when Russy was trying to get the project to work. I suspect the loss of Ntcham was a bigger blow to Duff's plan than a lot of people realised at the time. Midfield certainly seems to be where we're lacking the most at the moment.

Dr. Winston said:
Duff's style seems far closer to Cooper than Martin, which in the long run, if he can improve performances (and that remains a very big IF), might be a good thing.

As dull as we were to watch at times under the Ponty Goblin, we were a far more effective team than we were at any point when Russy was trying to get the project to work. I suspect the loss of Ntcham was a bigger blow to Duff's plan than a lot of people realised at the time. Midfield certainly seems to be where we're lacking the most at the moment.

Agreed, Duff's biggest challenge right now is solving the link between attack and defence without turning us into a hopeful long ball punt team.
Balls into the channels is fine, but not only do our fans not expect route one football from the 70s but we also don't have the strikers for it.
Ginnelly was proving to be an excellent threat, really hoping his injury isn't long term though having to be helped off the pitch wasn't a good look.

There was a slightly better balance with Grimes/Patino/Paterson than in any combination that involves both Fulton and Grimes. That's not a knock on Fulton, a player I've always liked. You just can't play him and Grimes in the same side. It's one or the other.

Allen's run of injuries and the loss of Oli has carved a big chunk out of the key part of the team. The defence should take care of itself (Cabango's uncertainty on the ball is an issue and he may be replaced by Humphries soon) and Yates looks capable of coming close to matching Piroe's goal return if given the service, but if we lose the midfield we lose the war. We just have to be better in the middle of the park.

Much needed win but that was still awful. The penalty decision to me looked fortuitous and not sure how the ball didn't go in when they hit the bar. Even when we went 2 up with a gift from them, wed should have scored again soon after. They'd given up by our 3rd.

There were times I genuinely thought some of the players were trying to get Duff sacked. 2 terrible sides at this level.

Chuffed we won but it feels a bit like the Palace game under Bradley to me rather than anything that will actually springboard us further.

Chief said:
Much needed win but that was still awful. The penalty decision to me looked fortuitous and not sure how the ball didn't go in when they hit the bar. Even when we went 2 up with a gift from them, wed should have scored again soon after. They'd given up by our 3rd.

There were times I genuinely thought some of the players were trying to get Duff sacked. 2 terrible sides at this level.

Chuffed we won but it feels a bit like the Palace game under Bradley to me rather than anything that will actually springboard us further.

This is exactly where I am on it too.

Though I've seen all the games so far, yesterday was the first time I've caught us in the flesh. I was genuinely shocked at how poor both teams were, some of the passages of play were like watching kids football, everybody was just running after the ball, it was comical. For 60 mins, it was just two awful teams stinking the place out.

The game turned on them hitting the bar, it seemed to jolt us out of the slumber we were in at that point, and disheartened them. I wouldn't have liked to have seen what would have happened had that one gone in.

I'm just glad we got 3 points, because with our fixture list coming up I have a feeling we won't be seeing too many more points for a while.

Stay of execution for me, nothing more.

I think some reflection is required. Look at who we have played and where they are in the table. Yesterday was the first time we have played a "weaker" team. Table makes sense after 46 games. It makes "some" sense after 23 as we should have played everyone by then, but it doesn't always work out that way.
I always shake my head at the folks who paint themselves in the corner where-by we have to lose for them to be right. It seems to be the same people, regardless of who managing us. Strange that.

Captain_Sham said:
I think some reflection is required. Look at who we have played and where they are in the table. Yesterday was the first time we have played a "weaker" team. Table makes sense after 46 games. It makes "some" sense after 23 as we should have played everyone by then, but it doesn't always work out that way.
I always shake my head at the folks who paint themselves in the corner where-by we have to lose for them to be right. It seems to be the same people, regardless of who managing us. Strange that.

Immediately after the game the first thing some people were ranting about papering over the cracks. They couldn’t even enjoy a 3-0 win in a very tough league for five minutes,twats the lot of them.

Darran said:
Immediately after the game the first thing some people were ranting about papering over the cracks. They couldn’t even enjoy a 3-0 win in a very tough league for five minutes,twats the lot of them.

Indeed, enjoy the victory for what it is.

We aren’t pretty to watch, but a win was needed. We were a minute or so away from having 2 wins on the bounce, so there’s something to be positive about.

MrSwerve said:

We aren’t pretty to watch, but a win was needed. We were a minute or so away from having 2 wins on the bounce, so there’s something to be positive about.
We haven't been pretty to watch since Laudrups first season. You'd think wed be used to it by now.

MrSwerve said:

Absolutely,I’m not saying it might not have papered over a few cracks but f*cking hell some people seem to just hate us winning.

Darran said:
Absolutely,I’m not saying it might not have papered over a few cracks but f*cking hell some people seem to just hate us winning.

Every defeat is fully deserved but every win is mitigated.
We were lucky, they were terrible etc. I just don't understand it.

Darran said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So much for giving it 10 games/til November before making up their minds…

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back