• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Norwich City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

I’ve been ott many times this season, but I still see far too much negative backwards facing arsery in our play. Still too much Martinball, which Williams was, of course, a big part of. One thing I really like about Williams though, is his heart is certainly in it. When he interacts with ths]e fans, he means it and it’s about the fans. When Martin did it, it was all about him and his ego. That in itself gives or should give Williams a fair bit of latitude to develop his learning. Needs to bin Yates and Fulton mind, or he’s shooting himself in the foot.
I like LW too. He is a nutter though.
On a related note, What's happened to NCFOJ?They certainly dont share my love of LW. They seem to have disappeared. This is not intended to be a provocative post but they havent posted since our latest upturn in form. Whatever you say about them, they do care. Hope they're ok.

Sheff Wed have finished this season on fire. Worth a shilling on them to go a up next season. Remember when Leicester stayed up in the Prem? For calender year they were the best team in the whole division and they won the whole thing.

I’d like to go to Hillsborough next year, as last time I went was the night we were promoted in 1978 (I watched them beat Swindon so supported them, while wishing I was 200 miles away watching us beat Chesterfield).

So many aliases pop up on here, god knows about NCFOJ. I can confirm that sticking to one identity and living with consistently making an arse of yourself is much easier.

Speaking of being an arse, I stupidly entered the Noooport 10k today thinking the weather would be pleasant 🙄. On the plus side I was contemplating the marathon, but a man’s got to know his limitations, Briggs.

Main puzzle/concern for me yesterday was Ronald. A number of times he got the ball in potentially dangerous positions but passed it rather than taking the defenders on with his pace. I thought maybe the problem was that each time he lost momentum controlling the incoming long balls so would have had to sprint from standing still and judged that to be the wrong move. Some lads in front of me said it looked like he wanted to run but was under orders not to. My son thought he had an issue with his confidence. To be fair, he usually had two men in front of him and I got the impression things improved in the last quarter of the game but where we were by the corner flag, it was harder to watch him in the second half.

Totally agree about Wood. If he did the standing on the ball thing to wind up attackers and then do something wickedly clever I would probably still have an issue as it would be reckless, but all he does is have a rest, draw them in and then pass the ball to a teammate in a more dangerous situation. He obviously has talent but he’s not right for us. Give me Darling’s honest hard work every time

Ronald often had two or even three people on him every time he got the ball. A few times he passed it to Key looking for a give and go but it never materialized. His flick to key in the 2nd minute was exquisite as was Key's cross, it absolutely deserved a goal at the end of it.

In the second half the game became way more open as Norwich chased a winner and Ronald was getting more joy as a result. He was the fastest to react to Cullen's blocked shot which is what won the penalty for our equalizer and his shot was only barely saved by Gunn around the 75th minute or so.

Its the issue with having a danger man on only one flank (and not even the most generous of us will call Cooper a danger man). Getting another player with genuine pace and product for the left wing will be crucial in how LW wants to play as will be finding a striker to reliably finish the opportunities that the wingers create.

Great progress these last few months but the spine of the side needs sorting still. Wood proved we need another CB.. CM and a proven central striker. Hopefully we can finish on a high against Millwall

I like LW too. He is a nutter though.
On a related note, What's happened to NCFOJ?They certainly dont share my love of LW. They seem to have disappeared. This is not intended to be a provocative post but they havent posted since our latest upturn in form. Whatever you say about them, they do care. Hope they're ok.
nCFOJ?

Ronald often had two or even three people on him every time he got the ball. A few times he passed it to Key looking for a give and go but it never materialized. His flick to key in the 2nd minute was exquisite as was Key's cross, it absolutely deserved a goal at the end of it.

In the second half the game became way more open as Norwich chased a winner and Ronald was getting more joy as a result. He was the fastest to react to Cullen's blocked shot which is what won the penalty for our equalizer and his shot was only barely saved by Gunn around the 75th minute or so.

Its the issue with having a danger man on only one flank (and not even the most generous of us will call Cooper a danger man). Getting another player with genuine pace and product for the left wing will be crucial in how LW wants to play as will be finding a striker to reliably finish the opportunities that the wingers create.
Hopefully a fit Ginneley next season will help and possibly Placheta too

I don’t think we should plan too much too soon around Ginnelly, he’s got a chequered injury record.
he managed 60+ appearances in his last two season though....apart from an ankle injury quite a few seasons ago he doesn't seem to have been injured long term since?

Sheff Wed have finished this season on fire. Worth a shilling on them to go a up next season. Remember when Leicester stayed up in the Prem? For calender year they were the best team in the whole division and they won the whole thing.
Fancy next season will be wide open. Those coming up/down don't strike me as sides to run away with anything. Big if...but as long as we get recruitment right/turf out the deadwood, gotta be a little hope we can challenge top 6.
But it's a big if.

Fancy next season will be wide open. Those coming up/down don't strike me as sides to run away with anything. Big if...but as long as we get recruitment right/turf out the deadwood, gotta be a little hope we can challenge top 6.
But it's a big if.

We won't have the likes of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton in the division next year and as you mentioned those heading down have been absolutely bang average and that's being generous.

We almost made the play offs last season even after not winning a game for almost half of it. Imagine what a manager who knows what he's doing with a decent squad can achieve.

It's a huge summer ahead and one which will signal the true intent of the owners and if Coleman truly isn't anything other than a mouth piece who likes to talk a lot when it suits him.

We won't have Leicester, but Leeds and Southampton are far from cut and dried to go up.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back