• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | The Swans v The Owls | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Sheffield Wednesday?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sheff Wed win

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackharris

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG-5983.jpg

IMG-5984.jpg

IMG-6042.jpg

IMG-5966.png

IMG-5999.jpg

IMG-5980.jpg

IMG-5998.jpg

IMG-6017.jpg

IMG-5982.jpg

Concede first it will be bedlam, it won't help the players but it'll be what they /Duffer deserve.
But am expecting a drab 0-0, both sides shit scared of losing. If Bannen is fit he'll tear us a new one.
Desperately trying to be positive, but we've not been given any reason to be.

We’ll probably be just as shit as the rest of the season but scrape a 1-0 win. Just to prolong the misery for a bit longer.

I don’t care what happens as long as we don’t have to hear from Duff afterwards. Comparing his changes to Arsenal’s and Man City’s for fks sake. Aye, they changed into something better, that’s the only problem with that analogy. Arsenal went through a sticky phase while growing into an excellent footballing side, not a replica of Pulis’ Stoke.

So what happens if we lose? Sheff Wed have had an equally bad start and losing at home to them would surely make Duff’s position untenable (if it isn’t already?).

Sorry to interupt the doom-mongering, but what line-up would everyone most like to see? I'm going for:
Rushworth
Key Wood Humphreys Tymon
Fulton Patino
Lowe Yates Ginnelly
Cullen

cadleigh said:
Sorry to interupt the doom-mongering, but what line-up would everyone most like to see? I'm going for:
Rushworth
Key Wood Humphreys Tymon
Fulton Patino
Lowe Yates Ginnelly
Cullen

Rushworth
Ashbey Wood Cabango Tymon
Grimes Fulton
Lowe Patino Ginnelly
Cullen

Swansea 3 - 0 Weds

SplJack1 said:
Rushworth
Ashbey Wood Cabango Tymon
Grimes Fulton
Lowe Patino Ginnelly
Cullen

Swansea 3 - 0 Weds

I like that apart from Grimes. It did my head in watching him tapping the ball straight back to the player who just passed it to him the other night. All the more so because when he actually turned around to face the other team's goal in the second half, he showed what he is capable of.

Part 1 of Duffs predictions correct then, halfway to losing twice to the vermin. So the promotion rush starts tmrw then Michael eh?
Thought not.

I can see Rushworth, Cullen, Lowe, Wood, Patino, Grimes, Ginelly starting.
Wouldnt mind seeing Patterson getting a start.
Hopefully we give Wednesday a good run out!

Baron Goblet said:
I can see Rushworth, Cullen, Lowe, Wood, Patino, Grimes, Ginelly starting.
Wouldnt mind seeing Patterson getting a start.
Hopefully we give Wednesday a good run out!

I think we'd need another three players to be competitive, Baron, although I like your thinking here. As John Hollins said, it's often harder to play against 10 men than it is against 11, so maybe starting with eight players is the answer Duff is looking for.

cadleigh said:
I think we'd need another three players to be competitive, Baron, although I like your thinking here. As John Hollins said, it's often harder to play against 10 men than it is against 11, so maybe starting with eight players is the answer Duff is looking for.

😁 very good.

Might sound strange but I'm more apprehensive about today than last Saturday.

Maybe I was expecting the defeat last week, but not the poor performance.

Today into the unknown, but it is a must win game. In saying that we must also start seeing some sort of improved performance, a win gives some confidence but without some sort of improvement it could just be a one off.

Centre midfield is key to Duff's philosophy. Sadly we don't have his type players in the squad to firm up those positions or likely to convert anyone to fulfil those roles

Close to our best side on form at the moment (such as it is)
The key is going to be linking midfield and attack without launching the ball into the air pretending we are Pulis era Stoke

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back