• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | The Swans v The Owls | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Sheffield Wednesday?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sheff Wed win

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jack_lord said:
That was a ridiculous booking for Patino - he couldn't get out of the way even though he was moving backward and had the ball licked at him. Their defender should have been on a red for the second foul on Ginelly and there have been a lot of fouls that have gone unpunished by the ref but have been given against us. I am happy with the effort though it looks scrappy and the ref has been the problem.
If Cullen hadnt been so quick Yates would have hit the ball in the net and we would have had the goal that was disallowed.

He knew what he was doing. tried to be cute about it, but ref saw through it. just wish more refs would be consistent when punishing this sort of stuff, and we did the same - kick the ball at the opposing player trying to stop a quick kick.

bakajack said:
Praying that the injury to Ginnelly isn't serious...

Sadly it is. He's going to be out for a good while. If achilles, as is one initial prognosis, out for the season.

harryhpalmer said:
Sadly it is. He's going to be out for a good while. If achilles, as is one initial prognosis, out for the season.

That would be devastating if accurate, this game was looking like it was going to be his breakout moment and the ref would have to take a fair chunk of the blame for doing nothing to stop their rugby team tactics in the first half.

harryhpalmer said:

Really bad news, if he's done his Achilles then we won't see him till next season. Looking like one of our better players too

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Really bad news, if he's done his Achilles then we won't see him till next season. Looking like I've of our better players too

Also won't have half his pace unless he's lucky. Didn't look like an achilles to me. He would have needed the stretcher? Plus the tackle was from the side. I thought when I saw it 'ankle ligaments'. Could still be a season ender of course like that Stoke thug on Ramsey.

Darran said:
Immediately after the game the first thing some people were ranting about papering over the cracks. They couldn’t even enjoy a 3-0 win in a very tough league for five minutes,twats the lot of them.

New manager as well so nobody can possibly know for certain he’s useless. He may very well be but we don’t know for sure.

I am really hoping yesterday was the springboard and confidence boost we need to start stringing some results together.

ARQS said:
New manager as well so nobody can possibly know for certain he’s useless. He may very well be but we don’t know for sure.

I am really hoping yesterday was the springboard and confidence boost we need to start stringing some results together.

The game against Millwall will be huge, do we kick on and continue to visibly improve or do we revert to type with some of the aimless football we witnessed earlier this season?

bakajack said:
The game against Millwall will be huge, do we kick on and continue to visibly improve or do we revert to type with some of the aimless football we witnessed earlier this season?

Maybe we will revert to the aimless football we saw under the previous manager tip tapping the ball around in our own half for most of the game eventually giving the opposition scoring opportunities.

Only time will tell how Duff will develop us after all I was told so many times over the past two season to be patient with Russ as he needed time to devlelop his process

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back