• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We’re slowly dying..

JustJack said:
We'll have enough to stay up, we only need to win 6 more games.

Always said you have to be a special kind of shite to be relegated out of this league, we are just shite at the moment

Six wins between now and May. I reckon that’s far from guaranteed.

Many of us have been pointing out for years that the club has been slowly but steadily declining since the sale. It’s not a case of the penny dropping, it dropped from day one of the current ownership. The decline might have been even even quicker and further under different owners because, make no mistake, the sellouts would have sold to absolutely anyone who had the money.

The club has clearly been for sale since relegation but they can’t find any mugs who are bigger mugs than them. A couple of seasons in the lower leagues might result in them getting out and cutting their losses. I dread to think what the financial state of the club will be by the time that happens.

Roger said:
Ah, the penny has finally dropped!

I posted the same thing here two years ago and was downvoted by all the happy clappers here, they were boring everyone about the ‘Swansea Way’ when the actual truth is we play more like Fabian Way.

Football clubs need ambitious owners to achieve success. As a bare minimum, football clubs need owners who care about a club to slowly progress.

We have neither. We will be a League One club in 1-2 years under the current regime.

I don't think it's ambitious owners that are needed, more those who have deep pockets and don't really care if they lose money. In my opinion you just have to be prepared to put up a sh*t load of money to buy success and not care if you lose it. So you need to be middle eastern oil barons or similar because they can spend millions like it's chump change and not care a jot of they lose it all. Our Yankee masters might think they are doing a great job balancing the books but to us ordinary grunts that's never going to be enough. But from their point of view, the gamble is loaded against them so they are not going to spend what is needed. Frankly, if you remove your feeling for the club as a fan, from a business point of view you can't blame them. Those who criticise them should think about their point of view and the cost of the financial gamble.

To me, we don't have bad owners just the wrong owners

JustJack said:
We'll have enough to stay up, we only need to win 6 more games.

Always said you have to be a special kind of shite to be relegated out of this league, we are just shite at the moment
Only delaying the inevitable by a season.
We might stay up this year, but we’ll probably be nailed on to go next.

TerryPHELAN said:
Only delaying the inevitable by a season.
We might stay up this year, but we’ll probably be nailed on to go next.

Right but if my auntie had balls and all that..

Those who have followed the Swans for donkeys will know that this season has got that feel about it where it could quickly escalate from dismal into complete disaster.

Anyone thinking we're safe, or we're "too good to go down" needs to think again because we're definitely not the latter. This is a really poor group of players, technically and in terms of character.

I've been saying it since September - we should be delighted if we finish 21st. The season's been a train wreck.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Those who have followed the Swans for donkeys will know that this season has got that feel about it where it could quickly escalate from dismal into complete disaster.

Anyone thinking we're safe, or we're "too good to go down" needs to think again because we're definitely not the latter. This is a really poor group of players, technically and in terms of character.

I've been saying it since September - we should be delighted if we finish 21st. The season's been a train wreck.

We're far far away from being too good to go down
It's all about needing 3 teams with less points than us.
The club, the team, everything, has major problems and as yet not a glimmer of positivity.

exiledclaseboy said:
Six wins between now and May. I reckon that’s far from guaranteed.
That'll only give us 46pts as well, that won't be enough surely, need maybe 10 draws as well with those wins, 10 draws and 6 wins out of the 22 games left, that's very optimistic, we're a shambles.

Rotherham, Wednesday and QPR (they lost to a terrible Milly ffs) will go down and a couple of outher teams will be between us and the drop. We’ll give them a fighting chance though.

Niigata Jack said:
That'll only give us 46pts as well, that won't be enough surely, need maybe 10 draws as well with those wins, 10 draws and 6 wins out of the 22 games left, that's very optimistic, we're a shambles.

50 pts is more than enough.

JustJack said:
50 pts is more than enough.

I can't remember who and what their points total was for the team that finished 21st last season or the few seasons before.

Niigata Jack said:
I can't remember who and what their points total was for the team that finished 21st last season or the few seasons before.

QPR need 26 points from 22 games to even get to 46. They have 20 from 24. Wednesday and Rotherham are in far worse shape than them. We might try our best to go down, but we won’t lose an 8 point advantage to them over 22 games.

monmouth said:
QPR need 26 points from 22 games to even get to 46. They have 20 from 24. Wednesday and Rotherham are in far worse shape than them. We might try our best to go down, but we won’t lose an 8 point advantage to them over 22 games.

Oh right, I'll look forward to league one games August 2025 then assuming I'm here of course.

Yeah I can't see us being one of the three worst teams come end of season. The current bottom three, hudds, milwall and brum are all worse than us. I think the scummers will be come end of season too

Niigata Jack said:

Last year Reading went down with 44 (8 pts deducted), Scummers had 49

2022 - Peterborough - 37
2021 - Wycombe - 43
2020 - Charlton - 48
2019 - Rotherham - 40
2018 - Barnsley - 41

There are exceptions of course, Peterborough went down with 54 once, but you get the idea.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back