• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Netflix Recommendation Thread

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 3,127
I've heard a couple of people sing its praises.

This is one of the few books I've actually read, and seen the film, so I'm undecided whether to watch.

Edit: Mrs Bear just hit play 😆
We enjoyed this.

I've heard a couple of people sing its praises.

This is one of the few books I've actually read, and seen the film, so I'm undecided whether to watch.

Edit: Mrs Bear just hit play 😆
I'm struggling with One Day actually. It's quite irritating.

I'm looking forward to this, coming on Netlfix just after mid March.

Right first of all, this programme is not on netflix, but the plus side it's on the I player, and it will beat anything netflix currently has, like latest releases..

The full 2 seasons are available now on BBC I Player.

Give it a whirl chaps, it's really good.
Absolutely superb series.

Must say I also enjoyed one day, watched it with the wife and we both really enjoyed.
Currently watching Masters of the Air and again both really enjoying.

Not sure if they are all Netflix but if you have a firestick then just search on series.

Absolutely superb series.

Must say I also enjoyed one day, watched it with the wife and we both really enjoyed.
Currently watching Masters of the Air and again both really enjoying.

Not sure if they are all Netflix but if you have a firestick then just search on series.
Masters of the Air is on Apple, which reminds me, saw this the other day free 2 months apple tv subscription, the only thing you have to do, is enter your payment details then cancel, well worth it, just for slow horses, and severance. Reading the thread on the link I'm about to post, it seems hardly anyone pays for apple tv, they just take advantage of the free offers. Here's the link, just click get deal when on I phone.

Not watched a lot of Netflix these past few years, but the one's I can remember as notable are:

Squid Game - I'm sure everyone knows that one.

Dark - German mind-bending time travel melodrama. The title sums it up well. It's very good though, but you have to pay attention all the time or you'll miss a crucial detail; It demands you to be attentive to appreciate all that's happening.

The Sandman - Not even sure why I started watching this, but after sticking with it, I'd definitely recommend it for those into fantasy, or just appreciate some offbeat imaginative TV storytelling. Found it a little difficult to get my head around it early on, but some of the later episodes are exceptional.

I don't have Netflix so can't comment but my son reckons 'Dark' is the best thing he's ever watched bar none. He's even got the soundtrack on 3 x coloured 12" vinyls and even a ridge tile from one of the houses used in the show! :oops::oops::oops:

Not on Netflix. It's on CH4.

The Push. It shows actual courtroom footage from the case of a guy charged with pushing his pregnant wife to her death from Arthur's Seat.

Profoundly moving. The dignity of the bereaved mother is something to behold.

I didn't particularly want to watch it but Mrs Bear was pushing hard.

Beckham. On Netflix.

And you know what? Two episodes down and it has been surprisingly good.

The other (unexpected, for me) benefit is watching footage of United playing in Europe and being reminded how much I used to enjoy watching European footie back in those ITV days.

A tv drama about bad, flawed people doing bad things for selfish reasons. Fancy it? Neither did I.

"Kin" on bbc iplayer. It was gripping.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back