• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fool Me Once on Netflix

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 2,587
Took some following Daz, but yer right, was pretty mind blowing.

sainthelens said:
Took some following Daz, but yer right, was pretty mind blowing.

I couldn't follow it. The stream I managed to find was in French.

Are you sure now, Darran?

I've watched the first episode and could take it or leave it really.

My memory is shot. I've watched this but haven't the foggiest how it ended.

I find all these Harlan Coben things a bit simplistic and dull, never believable enough to be engaging. It doesn’t help that they’re written in American and translated in to English, like watching a dubbed movie. I’m sure it’s better in print.

We watched this and it was good, but we then spotted something else on Netflix which was a few years old but we’d not seen.
Criminal UK. It’s about detectives in an interview room with their suspects in a variety of cases. May sound boring but it is excellent and I would recommend if you’ve not seen it.

Itchysphincter said:
I find all these Harlan Coben things a bit simplistic and dull, never believable enough to be engaging. It doesn’t help that they’re written in American and translated in to English, like watching a dubbed movie. I’m sure it’s better in print.

They’re all 100 times better in print.

Itchysphincter said:

In print I think of him as a poor man's Stephen King. I find his levels of success quite depressing.

Squarebear said:
In print I think of him as a poor man's Stephen King. I find his levels of success quite depressing.

Each to their own but the early Myron Bolitar series is outstanding and in a similar vein to the incomparable Robert B Parker’s Spenser books.

He’s more hit and miss since he ended the Bolitar series and writes stand alone novels admittedly.

I thought it was excruciating. The acting from the lead was poor and some of the twists were poor. The gun thing was farcical.

Itchysphincter said:
Finished it. Shite.

I agree, absolutely awful. IMBD scores it 7/10, that's 7 points too many :lol:

Forget this rubbish chaps, try watching Time on the I player..

Or the latest 2 episodes of 24 hours in Police Custody, which is not entertainment, but a real eye opener to the kind of people who are out there. It's murder on camera part 1/2

Last edited:
I generally enjoyed it, was a little disappointed that

SPOILERS

the husband and sister were actually dead…I was hoping for some kind of ‘faking their death’ thing. Still, decent ending.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back