• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Uncle Russ

He was happy to throw 17 year oldCameron Congreve under the bus and set the lads progress back two years at least just to try and mask his lack of ability to pick a side...

Takes a certain type of middle aged man to do that.
and as Doc W said he had issues with Whittaker Piroe and Obafemi this season he has had a similar issue with a goalkeeper....so maybe the issue isn't about the players maybe it's Russ

There are those who will always fall for a nice haircut and a good line in telling supporters exactly what they want to hear. The way the game goes.

Actions will always speak louder than words however, and Martin's actions speak volumes. We were told for months that the reason players like Paterson, Whittaker and Obafemi weren't playing was their own unprofessionalism, yet since Martin sleazed off to Southampton all three have carried on quite happily with nary a comment.

We absolutely wasted two years and a squad that could have been right up there at the top end competing on that tw*t.

At least it's not just me to whom it's apparent that the stories leaking out of the club during that period were mostly intended to either excuse Martin or make him look good, thus making the source of them blindingly obvious.

There are those who will always fall for a nice haircut and a good line in telling supporters exactly what they want to hear. The way the game goes.

Actions will always speak louder than words however, and Martin's actions speak volumes. We were told for months that the reason players like Paterson, Whittaker and Obafemi weren't playing was their own unprofessionalism, yet since Martin sleazed off to Southampton all three have carried on quite happily with nary a comment.

We absolutely wasted two years and a squad that could have been right up there at the top end competing on that tw*t.

Whitaker - fair enough, club dropped a bollock on that one, Martin included. Badly treated on and off the pitch.

But Obafemi? Left here, barely kicked a ball at Burnley, before being packed off to Millwall on loan in January just gone. Draw your own conclusions, but Kompany's been struggling for goals all season and didn't even consider him as the answer.

Paterson - made himself unavailable for selection for several weeks, due to a contract dispute with the club. Martin never once said he was unprofessional, sympathised with his situation in press conferences etc. Was put straight back into the side once the dispute was resolved.

Weird you'd home in on those as examples of his alleged poor man management, when the only obvious one he got wrong was Congreve, as someone else has quite rightly pointed out elsewhere.

"Made himself unavailable" according to Martin. He's been an almost ever present since, and a key player for us now.

Obafemi went to Burnley and scored two goals in one start. Has two goals in twelve starts for Millwall, but not a word about his poor behaviour or otherwise. Maybe not good enough for Burnley in the PL, which is hardly a burn, but if there'd been issues at Millwall we'd have heard about them. Not. A. Word.

The thing is, it's becoming widely apparent that Martin is a "My way or the highway" type. Which would be admirable if the whole "my way" thing wasn't generally a disaster for whoever is dumb enough to employ him. Unfortunatelty his arrogance and inability to make use of what he had wasted two years of our time.

as things stand, players cast aside by Russy in his attempts to push beyond mediocrity can only have their reputations improved.

There are certainly many other examples. His first act when he arrived at the club was to strip Piroe of the number 9 shirt and tell him he didn't rate him. Not exactly stellar man management.

Congreve wasn't just thrown under the bus. Russ then hijacked the bus and reversed over him just for good measure.

There were a number of players that were brought in that Russ asked for which were then frozen out of the side or left to rot on the bench just to make up the numbers.

He told Fulton that he had no future at the club and tried to bomb him out only for Fulton to prove him wrong and play his way back into contention.

Whittaker being the most high profile example, but there was also Bidwell and Ogbeta and Williams (the Liverpool lad who was thrown to the wolves).

Benda was also thrown into the deep end and left to struggle to the point that he demanded the club spunk away 2.5m on Fisher who as we all know is an error prone and nervous goalkeeper who regularly commits howlers and cannot command his 6 yard box.

This thread is now descending into the "just plain making stuff up" stage of proceedings 😄

And with that.... it's been fun, and I bid you all a very good rest of your Saturday night 🍻

There are certainly many other examples. His first act when he arrived at the club was to strip Piroe of the number 9 shirt and tell him he didn't rate him. Not exactly stellar man management.

Congreve wasn't just thrown under the bus. Russ then hijacked the bus and reversed over him just for good measure.

There were a number of players that were brought in that Russ asked for which were then frozen out of the side or left to rot on the bench just to make up the numbers.

He told Fulton that he had no future at the club and tried to bomb him out only for Fulton to prove him wrong and play his way back into contention.

Whittaker being the most high profile example, but there was also Bidwell and Ogbeta and Williams (the Liverpool lad who was thrown to the wolves).

Benda was also thrown into the deep end and left to struggle to the point that he demanded the club spunk away 2.5m on Fisher who as we all know is an error prone and nervous goalkeeper who regularly commits howlers and cannot command his 6 yard box.
Stephen Benda
Another Erwin Mulder
Both made a few bob outa us.
Both shyt 😒

Baffles me why some are so wound up by him. Did a bang average job & left, not the first & won't be the last.
Do I think he should have stayed? No & I don't care what he does now he's not our manager, he's irrelevant 🤷‍♂️

Baffles me why some are so wound up by him. Did a bang average job & left, not the first & won't be the last.
Do I think he should have stayed? No & I don't care what he does now he's not our manager, he's irrelevant 🤷‍♂️
I find the melt down the Southampton fans are currently experiencing slightly amusing. At the time of his appointment the phrase HMS Piss the league was thrown about quite often. That didn't last long 😂

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back