• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

It’s Duff! – Michael joins from Barnsley as Russ heads to Southampton

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours after the Swans confirmed the departure of Russell Martin to Southampton they will show the white smoke at their Fairwood training ground with Michael Duff and his backroom staff being set to be formally announced as the new men in charge today. The Swans have sealed a much quicker...

Read more

Nocountryforoldjack said:
His first priority needs to be our very s**t defence and flipper

Agreed but he will of course be assessing everyone to see how they're going to fit into how he wants us to play but at least he's got the full 6 week pre-season in which to do it which is better than I expected. I'm keeping an open mind about this appointment but I'm not disappointed as he did very well last season with a team that had just got relegated which a positive start.

If it is to be Duff I'm assuming he's been give assurances about a budget for new players, if Piroe is to be on his way out then a 15 to 20 goal striker will be priority, having said that It wouldn't surprise me if JP was still with us when the season kicks off ...

Swanjaxs said:
If it is to be Duff I'm assuming he's been give assurances about a budget for new players, if Piroe is to be on his way out then a 15 to 20 goal striker will be priority, having said that It wouldn't surprise me if JP was still with us when the season kicks off ...

They probably won't, but I'd like to see the club take the Jo Peru gamble. Say to him "look Joe, we're keeping you for the final year of your contract. It's in your best interests to play your heart out this season and knock the goals in. If you get us promoted, you'll get a whopping new contract. And if we miss out, you'll have clubs queuing up for you if you're amongst the season's top scorers for the third year running".

Pegojack said:
They probably won't, but I'd like to see the club take the Jo Peru gamble. Say to him "look Joe, we're keeping you for the final year of your contract. It's in your best interests to play your heart out this season and knock the goals in. If you get us promoted, you'll get a whopping new contract. And if we miss out, you'll have clubs queuing up for you if you're amongst the season's top scorers for the third year running".

Would be ok if we were more solvent and/or didn't need some new players in important positions. We need to sell when he has some value as god knows who the next one will be. If Brent comes in for Grimes we need to demand top dollar and maybe then we'd be better placed, but I think Piroe will be gone if we get a half decent offer and he gets a half decent pay rise.

Pegojack said:

I think he'll definitely be off to pastures new.

He needs more income now 😂 - him and his Mrs are expecting a baby boy.

Pegojack said:

He does his knee ligaments then half way through the season, and he’s injured, out of contract, with nowhere to go.

Can’t see it. He’ll want his move while his stock is high. Too risky for him.

Pegojack said:

We’ve got to sell him.

The announcement is taking it's time, he's apparently in the liberty doors and house hunting according to the Barnsley lot

Confirmed, good luck Michael, you come to us with decent pedigree, no Russball please

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back