• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is there any comeback for Russ?

TerryPHELAN

First Team Player
Reaction score
Say the protracted move to Saints falls through, what’s everyone’s thoughts on Russ leading us into the 23/24 season?
If he’s verbally agreed to go there, as has been reported, is there no coming back for him?

If your Mrs/partner packed her cases and told you she's done and found someone better , then got bombed out the other end....what would you do ?
Thought so...thers yer answer.

There was no comeback for him when he couldn’t get a W against a team with 11 players on the pitch for 20+ games.

There was no comeback for him when he thought he could copy Pep by getting Beurdiere to try and slip into CDM when we were in possession.

There was no comeback for him when he subsequently dropped Darling back to the bench and put Beurdiere back in when Darling was doing a helluva lot better than him.

JonTheJack said:
There was no comeback for him when he couldn’t get a W against a team with 11 players on the pitch for 20+ games.

There was no comeback for him when he thought he could copy Pep by getting Beurdiere to try and slip into CDM when we were in possession.

There was no comeback for him when he subsequently dropped Darling back to the bench and put Beurdiere back in when Darling was doing a helluva lot better than him.

And dropping Benda after a couple of mistakes trying to play Russball from the back so that he could justify signing Fisher. Failing to develop Whittaker. Persisting with Sorinola etc etc.

No, he can faak off.

He's complicit in this stunt Southampton are pulling (fully within their rights to do so mind).

And I can't see him seeing eye to eye with the Americans again after Silverstein spouting off.

Chief said:
No, he can faak off.

He's complicit in this stunt Southampton are pulling (fully within their rights to do so mind).

And I can't see him seeing eye to eye with the Americans again after Silverstein spouting off.

100% his mouth has Southampton delaying because of boardroom incompetence.. for that alone he can get tae f*ck

Come on gang, a fresh hair cut and a couple of fist pumps for copadungpile and he's back in like flynn. Trust the process and show some courage.

Skippyjack said:
100% his mouth has Southampton delaying because of boardroom incompetence.. for that alone he can get tae f*ck

Well the details of the difference in compensation for Premier League vs Championship club could only have come from inside information.
As incompetent as the US owners are I cannot see them handing out that information.

That leaves the only insiders involved who could have told them that they could save half a million by waiting two weeks to be Russ or his agent (or both).

bakajack said:
Well the details of the difference in compensation for Premier League vs Championship club could only have come from inside information.
As incompetent as the US owners are I cannot see them handing out that information.

That leaves the only insiders involved who could have told them that they could save half a million by waiting two weeks to be Russ or his agent (or both).

I'm talking about the two clauses in his contract, signed off by the yanks or Winter.. who agrees to two release clauses, bloody stupid

100% NO. he fecked up, in lots of ways.

be proper karma if this now backfires massively, for him.

His gig at Southampton is concrete, just the bolloxs between us and them to get through, he's thier problem now 👌

He will end up at MK Dons digging them out of L2 if Southampton goes pear shape.

Ringwood Jack said:
He will end up at MK Dons digging them out of L2 if Southampton goes pear shape.

they'd never have him back.

it's what happens to wrong 'uns.

Skippyjack said:
I'm talking about the two clauses in his contract, signed off by the yanks or Winter.. who agrees to two release clauses, bloody stupid

To be fair I can see the logic behind having a higher clause for a Prem club (since they can afford more). If anything they needed to make it less ambiguous (such as if a side had played a Premier League game in the past 12 months then they pay the higher figure) - doesn't change my argument though that insider information on his contract was spread to either Southampton or the media (or both).

Two things, this isn't falling through although I'd imagine the bottom will not be long falling out in Southampton once Leicester start running away with things and Southampton's defensive frailties leaves them languishing in mid-table in November leaving their 4th manager in 12 months in an untenable position. Secondly, there's more of a chance Huge will be back as chief scout and welcomed back with open arms than RM being anywhere near this gaff.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back