• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | The Swans v The Canaries | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Norwich?

• Swans win

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Norwich win

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're clearly improving which after all the changes to the squad is good enough for me.

Dr. Winston said:
Started well, ended well. The bit in the middle, not so much.

Great to get the three points but we were a bit fortunate to do so. For some reason our tempo dropped and we stopped pressing as well as we had done for the first 20 minutes. Then towards the end it came back a bit. Maybe a result of all the fitness work.

We're still a work in progress and the loss of Ginelly is hurting us a bit. Him and Lowe either side of Yates would be a lot more dangerous.

Yep, said much the same at full time. We started really well and put them under a lot of pressure which lead to Lowe’s goal. Couldn’t keep up that intensity for the whole half understandably and rode our luck a bit from 20-75 mins where they were the better team. We seemed to be better at forcing them into mistakes rather than creating anything ourselves.

Very pleased with how we kept on the front foot though and got a deserved winner after the close offside and what looked a blatant handball on the line.

Thought Lowe in particular had a great game, Cullen doesn’t offer a lot out wide really, but not sure what other options we have there with Ginnelly out.

We beat someone more than decent and we responded to conceding a equaliser. Two firsts for the season, and two things to like.

I suppose the biggest thing for me at the moment in a positive sense is that for whatever perceived faults some may see in Duff he certainly has got into Grimes’ head. Much more positive of late than maybe all the way back to Potter and long May it continue.

jack_lord said:
Quite a big win against a very much improved Norwich side. They have some very good players. We were a couple of deft touches away from a few more goals and clear penalty not given as well as Yates marginal offside. Very Welcome three points.
What annoyed me was the ref yellow carding a lot of innocuous stuff from the Swans yet ignoring some of the bully and reckless challenges on our players. There was one (I think on Paterson?) where the Narch player went through him out of control. Another penalty and another sending off on a different day. Thankfully not an issue

The yellow card for Key was an absolutely ridiculous decision. Both players contesting the ball, a bit of a clumsy challenge by our man but nothing aggressive or dangerous, just a tangle of legs. When I think what he let Norwich get away with....

Captain_Sham said:
We beat someone more than decent and we responded to conceding a equaliser. Two firsts for the season, and two things to like.

For my money, what was needed was the midfield beefed up half time. They looked good because we gave them the space to play in and run through us. Paterson and Patino were ghosts when Narch had the ball, and Cullen was pointless out there. Even with that, they only created a couple of clear chances during their best period and so did we. During our best periods when we had a grip of them they created nowt. We are clearly moving in the right direction and apparently that was the ‘big test’. Cant see any reason not to be happy with that.

Manselton Jack said:
We're clearly improving which after all the changes to the squad is good enough for me.

The first 10 minutes was superb. High tempo, moving the ball quickly and winning the ball high up the pitch. It’s hopefully a sign of where we’re going. We can’t keep that up all game of course, but it’s a start.

Having watched the highlights now and had a second look at the clear handball on the line….it looks like the ref may have got that one right. It hit his shoulder by the looks of it, well above the t-shirt sleeve guide officials have been give. Don’t know for sure, but it helped wind us up in the crowd and ramped up the atmosphere, so who cares. He was still a bit rubbish even if he got that call right.

I would echo 'Leon' and 'Dr Winston' points further up that it was a patchy display, bookended by a really promising first 10 and last 10.

Tbh, it's just nice to see some improvement in the last three matches from the absolute debacle we saw in the first 7 matches. I still haven't quite got past how bad we were in those earlier games, I'll need to see a lot more before I'm willing to forget that, but at least we appear to be going in the right direction.

Onto Plymouth. Millwall won there in midweek, so they will be determined to bounce back quickly and not lose two in a row at home. It'll be a tough trip. We'll have to be right on it.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
The first 10 minutes was superb. High tempo, moving the ball quickly and winning the ball high up the pitch. It’s hopefully a sign of where we’re going. We can’t keep that up all game of course, but it’s a start.

No, we can't keep that up for the whole game but hopefully 10mins will become 20mins, becomes 30mins, etc and then maybe the whole of the first half. The obvious plan then would be to make sure we are leading at half time and we can then adjust our plan & tempo for the 2nd half and to counter what the opposition can throw at us using subs to replace those who tire first from the first half exertions.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back