• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Sunderland FC | The EFL Championship | Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Sunderland?

• Swans win

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Sunderland win

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pegojack said:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but should Duff have taken Patino off after his yellow?

There was 10 minutes on the clock

Yeah I don't feel its fair on Yates, or mean this as criticism but we were down to 9 when Patino went off, back to 10 when they replaced Yates. He's not adding anything at all

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Two very soft yellows, can't really legislate for that

You won’t see softer. Followed on from a clear yellow for their player moments earlier but in Madley world that was only worthy of a caution.

Bobby Madley 2 Swans & Sunderland 0

Another dominant performance from Madley at the Swansea.com. He stole the show again and has the ability to change a match in the blink of an eye. We should sign him up in the January window.

NWJack said:
Yeah I don't feel its fair on Yates, or mean this as criticism but we were down to 9 when Patino went off, back to 10 when they replaced Yates. He's not adding anything at all

Agreed. I don’t know whether it’s the system not suiting him or he’s just worse than we’re used to, but he may as well not have been on for his attacking duties. But he did drop into our defensive shape and work hard off the ball.

Defended superbly, hats off to the back four and Rushworth in particular, so far removed from the side of six weeks ago.
Of course the upturn in defensive stability has nothing to do with Nathan Wood being sidelined...

sainthelens said:
Great choice of ref, think we all know the topic of conversation this time tmrw.
Thoroughly looking forward to this tho, hoping the lads have that fire in the belly to kick on.
Mackems are a fckn weird lot, fancy doing em 2-1.
CYJB s.

And there we go. The Bobby Madley show strikes again.
The guy is basically a useless cvnt.
Word if praise to players n fans today who all showed brilliant fight n spirit to get a point.
Harry Darling take a bow son.

sainthelens said:
And there we go. The Bobby Madley show strikes again.
The guy is basically a useless cvnt.
Word if praise to players n fans today who all showed brilliant fight n spirit to get a point.
Harry Darling take a bow son.

It was obvious wasn’t it. Big shout out to Ben too. Not easy to come into a game that late and be an immovable rock. All of them really, they ran their socks off.

It’s a little bittersweet for me, because we were inept in the 1st half, even before the sending off. No threat on the ball at all. But the 2nd half effort rightly deserves the focus and praise it will get.

(And yes, you were right about the sprinklers :lol:)

Strangely I thought Sunderland looked better against 11 than 10. For the half hour after half time they seemed to just expect it to happen instead of making it happen.
Maybe if the penalty had gone in they would have had a different attitude from the start of the second half. I have this weird feeling that if we'd gone in one up we'd have lost.
Gutsy performance today and the hardest earned point you're likely to see. Two clean sheets on the bounce. Good work.

I was in work today - listened to radio up until about 40 minutes in to first half and they were bemused with the booking/sending off especially considering the earlier assault by the Sundeland player. I saw the bbc update 4 minutes in to added time and we were still 0-0 and thought I had jinxed us as the game should have finished. Excellent point and that ref is a Braverman

J_B said:
Strangely I thought Sunderland looked better against 11 than 10. For the half hour after half time they seemed to just expect it to happen instead of making it happen.
Maybe if the penalty had gone in they would have had a different attitude from the start of the second half. I have this weird feeling that if we'd gone in one up we'd have lost.
Gutsy performance today and the hardest earned point you're likely to see. Two clean sheets on the bounce. Good work.

We were much better second half. Sharper and wanted it more (not hard after the 1st half showing).

Based on how Sunderland laboured against our block, I think we’d have had a good chance of winning if we’d scored the pen. It wouldn’t have changed our game plan. Call me Mystic Leon, but I said to the lad in the buildup that he was going to miss. Before it was taken I wanted Grimes to take it (he could still have missed of course).

Didn’t get to the match today as we were at our granddaughter’s birthday party.
From what I’ve read, Madley strikes again. He’s definitely got it in for us.

J_B said:

As we walked away from the ground, everyone was in the sort of mood you'd expect after a win but there was also a lot of relief. One of the things we agreed on was the Sunderland attitude after half time and their mindset after controlling the first half definitely appeared to be that the game was as good as won. They didn't really up the tempo until the last 15 when it must have dawned on them that they were running out of time and by that time, we had completely refocused and we dug in brilliantly to hold on for the point. Made it all the more annoying that we'd missed a pen and could have sneaked it but it's almost certain that the 2nd half wouldn't have panned out the way it did if we had scored and we'd probably have lost something like 1-3 as that would have been a fair reflection. It's strange to think that we could have ended up with nothing if either Patino hadn't been sent off or we'd scored the pen. :?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back