• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Leeds United v Swansea City | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Leeds?

• Leeds win

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mork said:
Who scouted and signed off on paying £2.5m for a surplus to requirements Stoke full back?
£2.5m is big money to us now. A properly scouted (by the previous manager) free transfer from Exeter is one of our only saleable assets at the moment.

Key is only "free" until the tribunal gets around to deciding the price.

Andrew - North Hill said:
That's actually a lie. Country for old cack (or whatever his name is) just made that up.

The truth is I posted on here after all of our 4 wins in a row.

I acknowledged the results whilst maintaining the performances still weren't good enough.

I have never wavered from my view that Duff is a dud. Said it in pre season. Still saying it now.

But why let the truth get in the way of a good story eh.

A rare bit of honesty from a serial liar. As I recall you said repeatedly from his appointment onwards that you would reserve judgement until November. You now admit you had made your mind up on him in pre season. Well who saw that shocker coming?

On the whole playing squad side, let's not forget the genius decision not to cash in on Wood, for 10 million was it? Who then went on to throw his toys out, play like a t***, get injured and isn't going to sign a new contract.

monmouth said:
Oh well, I’ve forgotten it already.

Night night.

I have to admit that I do get over defeats much better than I used too.

In saying that I've woken up this morning with the game the first thing in my mind. Not changed my views from last night, but did get me thinking a bit more of how things have gone over the last few seasons.

The standard of the playing squad has got worse year on year, and that's ignoring whatever tactics we have used.

Without picking out players individually I just feel as if we have squad players and no real first team starters. Some might show improvement with better players around them but we are far away from that.

I did mention last night about not being able to do the basics, where, without pace and athleticism, it has to be spot on. We keep being told about the togetherness of the squad, but I don't see that reflected on the pitch. where players are isolated when looking to pass to create, or looking for a help in trouble.

There is no spark in the team and things are happening by default and not by creation.

On a personal note I feel cheated that something that has been important for many years, especially on a Saturday is slowly drifting away

cadleigh said:
A rare bit of honesty from a serial liar. As I recall you said repeatedly from his appointment onwards that you would reserve judgement until November. You now admit you had made your mind up on him in pre season. Well who saw that shocker coming?

Can it not be both?

Can you not harbour serious reservations, yet be willing to give the guy a chance to prove you wrong?

Oh no, I forgot. In Sadleigh's world, everything must be reduced to a binary argument with no room for grey. Plus ca change.

I'll say one thing - you haven't changed one bit from the days you used to post your nonsense on scfc (until they kicked you out for being unbearable). It's heartwarming to see you've been rehomed on here. Everyone deserves a home.

Can it not be both?

Can you not harbour serious reservations, yet be willing to give the guy a chance to prove you wrong?

Oh no, I forgot. In Sadleigh's world, everything must be reduced to a binary argument with no room for grey. Plus ca change.

I'll say one thing - you haven't changed one bit from the days you used to post your nonsense on scfc (until they kicked you out for being unbearable). It's heartwarming to see you've been rehomed on here. Everyone deserves a home.

I’ve praised the good things and criticised what I regarded as the bad things about every Swans manager since the early days of dial-in internet, and that includes your heartthrob ‘Russ’. You, on the other hand, posted that you would rather pour bleach in your eyes than watch Steve Cooper’s teams play football.

And you want to lecture me about binary thinking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen several comments this morning on Twitter about how its "OK" to lose games like Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester because they are at the top of the division.

When did that become a thing? And even if it was then when you are accepting that some games are "OK" to lose you need to win the other ones.

Huddersfield, Stoke and Rotherham will tell us the full extent of the quality of this team and the way that we are heading. If its OK to lose the above mentioned games then it surely cannot be OK to lose the latterly mentioned ones?

This is a team going nowhere - as I posted after the weekend we are an average side at best and the more worrying part right now is that we dont have any saleable assets in the squad, we have finally reached the end of that particular propping up of our finances

Can it not be both?

In knob hills world any manager who isn't Russell Martin is rubbish. You need therapy to break that broken heart and that thick head.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
In knob hills world any manager who isn't Russell Martin is rubbish. You need therapy to break that broken heart and that thick head.

I couldn't give a flying **** about Martin, he's ancient history, it's only you and Cadleigh who keep bringing his name up all the time. Which is just so weird.

Listen I know it's hard mate, you went all in on this guy from day one, you're in so deep now you can't be seen to admit he's a disaster, but honestly, it's just much easier to admit it, than get angry with other forum users. No one will think any less of you, just say "I got it wrong, he's a dud". It's not hard.

cadleigh said:
I’ve praised the good things and criticised what I regarded as the bad things about every Swans manager since the early days of dial-in internet, and that includes your heartthrob ‘Russ’. You, on the other hand, posted that you would rather pour bleach in your eyes than watch Steve Cooper’s teams play football.

And you want to lecture me about binary thinking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's correct, I did say that about Cooper and stand by it to this day.

I also used to acknowledge that even though his teams were aesthetically awful, he did at least get results.

With Sgt Major Duff, you get the worst of Cooper except on steroids, and minus the results. Andy Coleman sold him to us as a 'results guy'. Well that's worked out well hasn't it.

PSumbler said:
I've seen several comments this morning on Twitter about how its "OK" to lose games like Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester because they are at the top of the division.

When did that become a thing? And even if it was then when you are accepting that some games are "OK" to lose you need to win the other ones.

Huddersfield, Stoke and Rotherham will tell us the full extent of the quality of this team and the way that we are heading. If its OK to lose the above mentioned games then it surely cannot be OK to lose the latterly mentioned ones?

This is a team going nowhere - as I posted after the weekend we are an average side at best and the more worrying part right now is that we dont have any saleable assets in the squad, we have finally reached the end of that particular propping up of our finances

How can it be OK to lose to Ipswich. They are newly promoted from League 1, haven't spent millions and millions on players and yet here we are embarrassingly 22 points behind them after 18 games. It's a shocking state of affairs. As for saleable assets, didn't someone offer 10 million for Wood earlier in the season. At that price i would have taken him anywhere for free.

I couldn't give a flying **** about Martin, he's ancient history, it's only you and Cadleigh who keep bringing his name up all the time. Which is just so weird.

Listen I know it's hard mate, you went all in on this guy from day one, you're in so deep now you can't be seen to admit he's a disaster, but honestly, it's just much easier to admit it, than get angry with other forum users. No one will think any less of you, just say "I got it wrong, he's a dud". It's not hard.

😂 Yeah right!

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this post. I laughed so hard my arse did actually come off and you know what NHS waiting times are like at the moment. Plus I hate to get involved in other people's disputes, but this one was just too good to resist.

I don't think there is a single true statement in this post apart from the fact that 'you know it is hard'. You obviously do care a lot about Martin. You keep talking about how we are going backwards (just like when Martin was in charge you kept banging on about how much you hated Cooper and how much we were progressing). There are plenty of people on here who refer to Mr Fistpump regularly. Nice try but no cigar on that one. NoCountry did not 'go all in' for Duff on Day One. Far from it. (If you want to see a breathtaking example of that, talk to your chum Mark_Jack_London who declared that Martin was 'the real deal' before a ball was kicked, and spent two seasons saying black was white in the hope no one would realise what a dick he had made of himself.) And NoCountry has been a lot more critical of Duff than many people on here, including me.

Your MO time and again is to claim that posters you disagree with have said something ridiculous so you can shoot it down, because you aren't intelligent enough to actually debate with real people.

You are pathetic.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back