• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Cardiff City v Swansea City Match Thread | EFL Championship

What will the result be against Cardiff City?

• Cardiff win

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Captain_Sham said:
Watching Joel put that goal away for Leeds makes me feel sad. We are finally paying the price for constantly degrading our playing staff.

Even Late scored on Friday night!!

Captain_Sham said:
Watching Joel put that goal away for Leeds makes me feel sad. We are finally paying the price for constantly degrading our playing staff.

Just watched the highlights.... Everything we ain't, depressing.

magicdaps10 said:
Course it is, pointless having strikers if you don't create chances for them......hoofing it forward isn't going to cut it.

We don't have a creative 10 but we have players in Ginnelly, Lowe, Cooper and even Pato and Conegrove who can play out wide and have a bit of drive and/or speed to get in behind the opposition and give an outlet.
I'm confident we have the players to get a solid mid table season but not in this style and formation.

It’s the 2 isolated wing backs, hugging the touch line, that are killing us.
The midfield aren’t supporting them.
There’s such a gaping hole behind them that it feels like to pass to them would be suicide.
The question is, why wasn’t it like that under Martin? I don’t know.
We seem sparse.
It would be interesting to see the stats on the amount of ground we cover, that used to be a big stat around the time we went up. I bet we aren’t in the same stratosphere now.

Mork said:
There’s such a gaping hole behind them that it feels like to pass to them would be suicide.
We seem sparse.
It would be interesting to see the stats on the amount of ground we cover, that used to be a big stat around the time we went up. I bet we aren’t in the same stratosphere now.

It was like that under Martin. When he played with wingbacks we were always missing wide passing options and teams would slaughter us in behind them. They did it for different reasons but both Martin and Duff want the wing backs to be the furthest forward players as early as possible, regardless of how many problems it causes.

jasper_T said:
It was like that under Martin. When he played with wingbacks we were always missing wide passing options and teams would slaughter us in behind them. They did it for different reasons but both Martin and Duff want the wing backs to be the furthest forward players as early as possible, regardless of how many problems it causes.

But Manning and Latibeaudiere were getting the ball and doing something with it, it’s felt like Key has an absolute mountain to climb when he gets the ball as more often or not, there’s nobody near him.

Mork said:
We seem sparse.

I have said from day 1, his tactics mean the units are not connected. They are miles away from each other. There is never an easy pass, even if you want to make the more difficult pass.

There should ALWAYS be an easy pass. It makes it more difficult for the opposition to defend.

What we have now is ONLY more difficult passes in the opposition half, especially. Then they can sit in and pick the passes off, or isolate the player either playing the pass, or receiving, because the distances and support from our players is miles away. Also, consistently playing longer balls, is much easier to defend. So we continually cough up the ball.

The comment you make about Martinball, Nige, is no, there was never a gaping hole between midfield and attack, because they were connected all the time, forwards, like Piroe dropping into midfield at times, to pick up the ball and pass it off, so the midfield always had an easy ball to play.

There was a problem when he played wingbacks, however, as there was always a gaping hole behind them, and we got exploited too many times on the transition, until Russell went to a back 4. Then we went on that terrific run, which seems like another century ago.

Mork said:
But Manning and Latibeaudiere were getting the ball and doing something with it, it’s felt like Key has an absolute mountain to climb when he gets the ball as more often or not, there’s nobody near him.

Exactly this. Isolated, nearly every time. Even tough, at times to pass it backwards, because the corridors are blocked, and a back pass becomes a risky pass, which it should never be.

It's clueless. Doesnt work. Makes Cooperball look like Barcelona!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back