• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Cardiff City FC v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Cardiff City?

• Cardiff win

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Swansea win

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eteb said:
i thought cardiff played swashbuckling stuff these days hhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhaahaha

I expected to see more from them looking back at their results recently and the way they performed against Liverpool, they were excellent in that game, in fairness.

I couldn't believe that I was a bit disappointed in only winning 4-0 :lol: :lol: :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
The poll result looks a bit unfair with hindsight :lol:

Roll call on their forum to come and vote for them. Small victories eh? 🤣🤣

JackSomething said:
If you're going to be the first team to be doubled in this fixture, you'd at least hope that it was 2 competitive games that went right to the wire. Think the 2-2 at Ninian with Allen scoring, the 3-2 win at the Liberty with Pratley's double, or the 2-2 draw with Pintado's equaliser.

Failing that, you'd want at least one of the losses to be to a dodgy penalty or a goal that should blatantly disallowed.

What you really don't want is to lose by a combined score of 7-0, with 4 of those coming in your own stadium! I honestly can't think of many worse ways to be the first team to be 'doubled'. :lol:

Whatever happens now, even if they do the double in the future at some point, they're going to have to work fucking hard to make it a better one than that! First team to the do the SW Derby double, biggest away win in a SW derby. What a day! Now someone please tell me there's some highlights I can watch for the rest of the night!?

Didn't see that coming. As good a performance as we've had all season. I'm not a Martin fan but well done to him and all the players. Can't see the weekend getting any better than this.

Alright so my usual completely unbiased player ratings from the game:

Fisher: 8
In my opinion his best game for us this season so far. Distribution was usually spot on, he came and collected crosses to take the pressure off the defence and dealt with everything that Cardiff tried to throw at him.

Latibeaudiere: 8
Definitely looks far more at home playing as a centre half than as a wing back (which to be fair to him is not his natural position). Today he was aggressive in the tackle and helped to keep the ball moving

Naughton: 8
Ran the show at the back and was always an available option for the players in front as well as for Fisher. I feel that he has another season or so in him but this might be a priority position to recruit for in the summer so we can groom a successor.

Cabango: 9
I have often been a critic of his this season, but today I have to put my hands up and say that he was excellent. He was aggressive in defence, dominant in the air and took his goal excellently. More of this please.

Christie: 8
Feels odd to say that he wasn't that much of a threat for most of the game despite getting two assists. In fairness he knew nothing about the first one but the second was a peach of a cross to Wolf. Defended strongly especially in the second half which ultimately is his first responsibility.

Wolf: 8
There is no doubt in my mind that his lack of a product had been playing on his mind for a few weeks now. Glad he finally got his goal as well as an assist and I hope that he will kick on from here. Usual high energy performance from him, I could nitpick about him needing to more consistently beat his man but very happy for him today.

Grimes: 9
One of his better performances this season, he sprayed the passes around and was everywhere on the pitch. I would be fascinated to see his ground covered statistics (same with Downes) today, strong in the tackle and was clearly up for it.

Downes: 9 (MOTM)
Might feel harsh not to give MOTM to Obafemi but I feel that Downes was the backbone that everything else was built on. He fought for every ball, broke the lines on many occasions and gave Cardiff absolutely no change whatsoever.

Paterson: 8
Ironically in our biggest win this season Paterson had one of his quietest in an attacking sense. He made up for it though with incredible link up play and was consistently able to take the ball under pressure and move it into space to spring more attacks.

Piroe: 8
As with Paterson it felt like one of Piroe's quieter games on the ball today, however off the ball his movement was phenomenal and he was not only able to constantly find space but also drag defenders with him creating space for others. His work in the first goal was key, had a few sighters but no real chances today.

Obafemi: 9
A slow start to the season but has really grown into the team the last couple of months. He really looks like he is enjoying his football now, he presses well, links up play well and is now putting away the chances that he was snatching at earlier this season. The boy has real strength and pace and his partnership with Piroe is improving each game. Came off with what looked like a niggle, hopefully he will be fine for Millwall.

Fulton: 8
Made a key block at 2-0 within seconds of coming on. Other than that to be honest you rarely heard his name from the commentators but he put himself about well and did the dirty work needed to shut Cardiff down.

Smith: 7
Came on late for Obafemi, got a fantastic counterattacking opportunity wrong at the end when he could have played in Congreve but we all know that's really not his game.

Congreve: 7
He only got a few minutes under his belt but it was good to see an attacking youth product coming on. He took up the right positions when playing an unfamiliar (as I understand it) striker role but never really got the ball to show us what he is about. I hope to see him get a game or two if we end up with nothing to play for in the last few weeks.

Martin: 9
Got his lineup and tactics spot on today. He clearly had the players inspired and up for the fight, you could see that from the first few minutes with players snapping into tackles and giving Cardiff no time on the ball whatsoever. More of this and less Blackpool performances please.

hahaha got to laugh, bbc wales (cardiff) now having "tech difficulties" so we cant re-hear the phone in last night, hideous cunts

eteb said:
hahaha got to laugh, bbc wales (cardiff) now having "tech difficulties" so we cant re-hear the phone in last night, hideous c***s

I tried listening to the phone in after it had finished but only got the 2nd half of the Women’s rugby. Coincidence? Probably not 🤣

I might be wrong but FM wavelength was for phone in and match commentary and AM wavelength for everything else.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/fan-cam-cardiff-city-v-swansea-city?utm_source=Maileon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Highlights%3A+Cardiff+04.04.22&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.swanseacity.com%2Fnews%2Ffan-cam-cardiff-city-v-swansea-city

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back