• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea v Brentford, Championship Play Off Final Match Thread

Who is going to win the play off final ?

• Swansea City

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Brentford

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Itchysphincter said:
Richard said:
Brentford fans confident:
https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/bees-v-swansea-play-off-final-predictions.135365/

Their forum is hoot. The ‘never beens ’ are so caught up in the emotion of it all, genuinely believing that it’s their time, their turn, 🤣. It’s hysterical, they need to turn off the Sky telly box.

They are oblivious to the fact that they are chokers of the highest order and probably, due to their odious manager and fans, one of the most unliked teams in the league. They really believe we are divers and cheats and that we will be at the referee - that is one of the biggest and best cases of deflection I have ever witnessed.

With every bit of misplaced arrogance and confidence they come out with they are making themselves look more and more small time.

We know the swans haven’t been great but we’re still in it. You have to earn the right to play and that’s why we had to play the way we did against Barnsley. Barnsley would have beaten them for sure. They fail to see that they are on a crest of a wave, and have basically copied the Swans blueprint. When it ends, and it will, they are not going to know the hurt. 😂

Calm down Itch, who really gives a hoot what happens Saturday, really, let’s have an exciting game of football. It’s entertainment afterall, If we win, then its another couple of miserable seasons in the Premier League.

monmouth said:
Glyn1 said:
Finally, (see what I did there?) there's something that Brentford and Swansea supporters agree on. Neither of us wants Keith Stroud to be the referee.

But Phil should be aware of this :D

"It’s time to vote for a bees win on the planet swans forum.
No log on required to vote.
Fill your boots!"

They think we’re not voting for them? 🤣

I think that things might take an unexpected turn on the day and there might be a few tears on there. They are favourites in my eyes, because they play at pace, but we have 5 (?) players that have actually played for us in the PL. Routs will still be around the dressing room. The experience will be there. They have none. Plus none that have played for anyone else in the PL (?) and they never have as a club. For us it’s not such an emotional big deal. That could be a good or not, but their overconfidence is ridiculous.

My thoughts have been similar. We have many players who played in the PL. If Cooper can get the right balance, we have the perfect weapon. Cooperwang(TM Monmouth) Old heads and all that.
My only worry is that both Guehi and Cabango are only 20. Both have been playing very well but they both have a ricket in them.Woodman is also a pup but he may have turned a corner.
If we approach this game correctly and can defend like we did pre-Hudds (Cooperwang Ultra) they will get at least one player sent off and we will win. Look at the last game. Thoroughly outplayed but we got a draw and scored with 10 men on the pitch. All their frilly nonsense got them nowhere.

monmouth said:
Glyn1 said:
Finally, (see what I did there?) there's something that Brentford and Swansea supporters agree on. Neither of us wants Keith Stroud to be the referee.

But Phil should be aware of this :D

"It’s time to vote for a bees win on the planet swans forum.
No log on required to vote.
Fill your boots!"

They think we’re not voting for them? 🤣

I think that things might take an unexpected turn on the day and there might be a few tears on there. They are favourites in my eyes, because they play at pace, but we have 5 (?) players that have actually played for us in the PL. Routs will still be around the dressing room. The experience will be there. They have none. Plus none that have played for anyone else in the PL (?) and they never have as a club. For us it’s not such an emotional big deal. That could be a good or not, but their overconfidence is ridiculous.

They make me chuckle - they are trying to vote in an internet poll because they think it will make a difference? :lol:

We need Andre on top form, How sweet would be if we could get another penalty like he did vs BMuff first time we played them in the Prem. Thats the funniest penalty I have ever seen and to be honest I don't approve in normal circumstances but I think in this instance I would allow it. "One might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3lwEuULJQo&t=1s

If you want the matchday programme for Saturday’s game then it is available for fans to order online for £10 with free P&P within the UK. The ignition sports media website details the programme as “The edition will be a high-quality 100-page spine-bound A4-sized commemorative publication and is...

Read more

Captain_Sham said:
We need Andre on top form, How sweet would be if we could get another penalty like he did vs BMuff first time we played them in the Prem. Thats the funniest penalty I have ever seen and to be honest I don't approve in normal circumstances but I think in this instance I would allow it. "One might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3lwEuULJQo&t=1s

Haha ha! I'd forgotten about that one. Great to see if again no matter how dodgy. 😂😂😂

Mind you, with VAR, we may not have scored either of those goals!

Tuesday and the arrogance and confidence over on Hounslow F.C is gathering momentum at some rate. This could not be working out sweeter. By Saturday they and the media will be planning their trip to the Ethihad. By 3pm, their arses will be twitching beyond belief as the reality of trying to bullshit their way to victory will hit home.
Jesus wept, they are in for some come down.

sainthelens said:
Tuesday and the arrogance and confidence over on Hounslow F.C is gathering momentum at some rate. This could not be working out sweeter. By Saturday they and the media will be planning their trip to the Ethihad. By 3pm, their arses will be twitching beyond belief as the reality of trying to bullshit their way to victory will hit home.

I wouldn't get wound up by this Saint. They are playing mind gams with social media and the expectation on them is huge to get promoted and less so for us. They have no rivals very little history, the older Bees fans who travelled to Carlisle and Hull on a Wednesday night in the lower leagues are a decent bunch but this generation are as bitter as any fanbase gets. They are a good side and are deserved favourites but we all know what can happen in football and the gap between us is not big and can be bridged on the day no doubt.

Ringwood Jack said:
sainthelens said:

I wouldn't get wound up by this Saint. They are playing mind gams with social media and the expectation on them is huge to get promoted and less so for us. They have no rivals very little history, the older Bees fans who travelled to Carlisle and Hull on a Wednesday night in the lower leagues are a decent bunch but this generation are as bitter as any fanbase gets. They are a good side and are deserved favourites but we all know what can happen in football and the gap between us is not big and can be bridged on the day no doubt.

Fair point buddy, tho not getting too wound up, been round the block way too many times. Was merely pointing out that this is quietly falling into our laps by default....and the dull cvnts are oblivious.

airedale said:
Itchysphincter said:
Their forum is hoot. The ‘never beens ’ are so caught up in the emotion of it all, genuinely believing that it’s their time, their turn, 🤣. It’s hysterical, they need to turn off the Sky telly box.

They are oblivious to the fact that they are chokers of the highest order and probably, due to their odious manager and fans, one of the most unliked teams in the league. They really believe we are divers and cheats and that we will be at the referee - that is one of the biggest and best cases of deflection I have ever witnessed.

With every bit of misplaced arrogance and confidence they come out with they are making themselves look more and more small time.

We know the swans haven’t been great but we’re still in it. You have to earn the right to play and that’s why we had to play the way we did against Barnsley. Barnsley would have beaten them for sure. They fail to see that they are on a crest of a wave, and have basically copied the Swans blueprint. When it ends, and it will, they are not going to know the hurt. 😂

Calm down Itch, who really gives a hoot what happens Saturday, really, let’s have an exciting game of football. It’s entertainment afterall, If we win, then its another couple of miserable seasons in the Premier League.

I'm calm, after reading their forum I don't think we've got the same expectations as them, that's all. Maybe we were the same before we played Reading all those years ago.

Andre would not think twice about scoring that penalty against Bournemouth. Andre will be all out to win this game and will drag Brentford around with him.

So here it is.

The game no one on this message board said we'd make 2 months ago. I'm glad Ayew and I had the faith.

Just as I wanted, we have the weaker of the 2 teams from the other semi-final.

It's time to stay compact and take our moment.

Anyone had an email about tickets yet? We haven't, but they have taken money from us so hoping that's a good sign!

Evening Swans,

Just thought I’d have a quick look to see how you all reckon it’s gonna go on Saturday. 😀
Personally, despite what the bookies say, I make you favourites for this one.
Reckon your bigger club history: 7 yyears in the PL in the last 10 isn’t it?, League Cup winners, campaign in Europe, numerous Welsh Cups, etc. etc. compared to what we’ve done, must be the most important things, and mean you’re pretty confident about coming out on top?

Somerset Bee said:
Evening Swans,

Just thought I’d have a quick look to see how you all reckon it’s gonna go on Saturday. 😀
Personally, despite what the bookies say, I make you favourites for this one.
Reckon your bigger club history: 7 yyears in the PL in the last 10 isn’t it?, League Cup winners, campaign in Europe, numerous Welsh Cups, etc. etc. compared to what we’ve done, must be the most important things, and mean you’re pretty confident about coming out on top?

Plus we have some proven PL players, a manager that has won a cup final, and you’re a lower league bunch of bottlers with a bug eyed pants wetter for a manager, so yeah we probably are better placed to keep our unbeaten run at new Wembley ticking over. How’s your play off record? I wouldn’t say favourites though, as in a cup final it doesn’t work out like that and there’s no such thing. Ask Wigan.

Thanks for asking

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back