• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Laurence Fox Loses High Court Libel Case ...

That's ok, I understand what you are saying, and I agree somewhat about the slander and libel laws, but this particular case, now Joey Barton called him a bike non**, now I fully understood the insult Joey was conveying to vine, it was basically vine is very zealous in his attempts at showing what he calls poor driving, and then putting it on social media. In the context Joey Barton put that in, I cannot see how it should even be considered as libel, like Barton said bike non**, is there such a word? If there isn't how could it be defamatory? The word no*ce on it's own surely is, but preceding that word with bike, I would think and hope that everyone would know what Joey Barton was getting at.
Another case of people making words mean what they want them to mean. Bloody ‘idiots’.

After reading this thread, it does make me wonder, how Joey Barton will get on, with Jeremy Vine suing him, for joey calling him a bike no**e, I was thinking about this, the other day, and I think if I was a judge, I would side in the favour of Barton, simply becuase of the nature of the cycling videos vine puts up,

Edit: Just checked the go fund me, 15k raised of a 100k target, crazy though. What a waste of money, I bet the solicitors are licking their lips, IMO unless a criminal act has been committed by Joey, then there is no need to go to court, surely everyone knows what he meant by that no**e word when associating it with a bike, for me he just means vine is just a rampant moaner reporting drivers whenever he gets a chance.
"and I think if I was a judge"

Well, it's just as well you're not a judge then because your logic (for want of a better word) for siding with Barton is purely personal and absolutely nothing to do with the existing slander and libel laws which are the only things that should be considered by judges because that's what laws and judges are for.

"and I think if I was a judge"

Well, it's just as well you're not a judge then because your logic (for want of a better word) for siding with Barton is purely personal and absolutely nothing to do with the existing slander and libel laws which are the only things that should be considered by judges because that's what laws and judges are for.
Fair enough.

Putting my dislike for Vine aside, and trying to be somewhat impartial, I would consider 2 things.

1. From reading a little more about this case, it seems there was a bit of an argument back and fore between the two, prior to the alleged defamation.

2. Also what is the exact meaning of the word bike no***? Honestly when I first read it, it didn't cross my mind at all, it was meant in the way some people think it was.

It just seems like a waste of money, maybe Barton should bite the bullet, just apologise it came across the wrong way, and just give a hefty donation to charity, rather than the solicitors..

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Putting my dislike for Vine aside, and trying to be somewhat impartial, I would consider 2 things.

1. From reading a little more about this case, it seems there was a bit of an argument back and fore between the two, prior to the alleged defamation.

2. Also what is the exact meaning of the word bike no***? Honestly when I first read it, it didn't cross my mind at all, it was meant in the way some people think it was.

It just seems like a waste of money, maybe Barton should bite the bullet, just apologise it came across the wrong way, and just give a hefty donation to charity, rather than the solicitors..
Bike no*** isn't a word, it's two words that have been said/written one after the other. The only possible interpretation of it is that Barton called Vine a no*** who rides a bike. Putting bike before the offending word doesn't change the meaning of the word at all and I think we all know exactly what Barton was saying.

What Barton is learning, along with Fox, is that you have to be clever and careful in what you say if you want to put yourselves forward as some kind of right-wing spokesperson railing against the 'woke'. Neither is as clever as they think they are and are finding out the cost of this. People giving an ex-PL footballer money for his legal problems is nowhere near as monumentally stupid as people giving a billionaire money to fight his legal battles, but it's still pretty stupid.

Barton has a long and glorious history of being the loosest of cannons, blasting away in various directions without using the incredibly limited intelligence he possesses..I hope he gets a big fine for accusing Jeremy of being something he undoubtedly isn't!

Joey needs to shut his great big massive cake hole.

Oh dear.

"The former actor and leader of the Reclaim Party Laurence Fox, will not be a candidate at the London mayoral elections after failing to fill in the nomination forms correctly."

Oh dear.

"The former actor and leader of the Reclaim Party Laurence Fox, will not be a candidate at the London mayoral elections after failing to fill in the nomination forms correctly."
His crayons kept snapping, bless him.

Norwich City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back