• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

yay or nay

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 6,129

Are we going up

• Yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Longlostjack said:
A4Jack said:
Question is would we be disappointed if we didn’t make automatics now? Probably yes for me

As a fan yes. I’d hope professional footballers were more well .. professional.

I meant more from a fans perspective but think even though the gap is tight, the reality is that we have a massive opportunity this year. One which may not come back for a while

A4Jack said:
Longlostjack said:
As a fan yes. I’d hope professional footballers were more well .. professional.

I meant more from a fans perspective but think even though the gap is tight, the reality is that we have a massive opportunity this year. One which may not come back for a while

Absolutely agree. This year is a hell of an opportunity.

Interesting to hear Cooper post match conference today saying he was unhappy with our possession play against Brentford and they would be working on that in training this week.

Norwich is key for me, much like it was in 2011 many similarities with the pressure on both teams to win, we will be the first to play this weekend, back in 2011 we had the Saturday evening KO knowing that a win was needed following the earlier results, Norwich had been on a run of good results, so a lot of pressure on us then and now.

Hopefully a similar result.

Fireboy said:
Dr. Winston said:
Likely to be us, Norwich or Brentford top two. If we can beat Norwich then I wouldn't bet against us reeling them in as most of our hardest games will be out of the way by then.

I agree Doc, I think we will beat naaaaawich next friday which will give us the confidence to push on.

Hope so, we’re due a win against the jaundiced twats!

I hope we’re up by 23 April as two of our last three games are against Reading and Watford (the other being against Derby, who look like they’ve turned the corner).

chirst we'd do well to be 6 clear with 3 games to go

To me, Mr A Punter, I wasn’t impressed with our performance against either Brentford or Rotherham. In my opinion we’ll have to improve quite a lot over the rest of the season to get automatic promotion. And a bit of luck of course.

Playoffs for us I reckon. Brentford are flying.

It going to be an interesting finish. Norwich solid but sometimes unconvincing and digging out results while not playing well. Brentford playing off the leash and scoring for fun. Us in between, solid but a bit tentative at times.

I’m seriously impressed with our quality this year though. That’s several matches where we’ve been ruthless and scored some cracking goals. If we’re going up it will be this year.

If we end up in the POs I’ll be happy enough as long as we don’t face Brentford. I’m confident we can see off anyone else over 2 legs.

Yes but via the play offs. Our defence will make us a nitemare to play against.
But, as many have said....good win next Friday then we can really start dreaming.

I hope we’re up by 23 April as two of our last three games are against Reading and Watford (the other being against Derby, who look like they’ve turned the corner).
[/quote]

Might suit us if Reading & Watford are still in the hunt by then as they probably won’t fit back and leave us space.
1-0 home v Derby to promote us. Imagine. Ayew last minute winner. Overhead bicycle kick from a Routledge corner. (Or sub Morgan Whittaker tap in from a yard out v his former club)!!
I think we’ll get stronger as the season goes on. Think there’s more to come from us, we can play much much better. Nothing much to scare us in this league. Stay calm, focus on our own game, we’re more than capable of promotion.

I will say Yes, I feel there is more too come from us, maybe he is waiting till near the end of the Season before unleashing "the beast"

On the down side, we going too need serious incomings if we do /

It's way too early to say, we've just got to keep winning and hope the 5 or 6 around us drop points as often as possible. Brentford are being given far too much credit on here and it's sickening, they're the form team at the moment but people are assuming it will last. They may well implode yet, just like last season. Norwich have scraped through the season (credit to them for that, mind) and there's nothing to fear in the others either

How people can predict we'll finish just outside the automatic spots I have no idea but if their foresight is that good this far out then they need to get on the accumulators

BLAZE said:
It's way too early to say, we've just got to keep winning and hope the 5 or 6 around us drop points as often as possible. Brentford are being given far too much credit on here and it's sickening, they're the form team at the moment but people are assuming it will last. They may well implode yet, just like last season. Norwich have scraped through the season (credit to them for that, mind) and there's nothing to fear in the others either

How people can predict we'll finish just outside the automatic spots I have no idea but if their foresight is that good this far out then they need to get on the accumulators

I think Brentford drop off in the second half of games, they did it against us home and away, I think their tactic appears to be to blow their opponents Away in the first hour and job done. I appreciate they scored a lot of goals yesterday but they had two debatable goals after halftime and then sat back on the counter when Wycombe were in disarray.

Wonder if that is the case and Cooper and team have identified that?

There’s s long way to go. Autos would obviously be a dream but it’s the playoffs for me. You have to consistently play for the 90 and we fall short there.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back