• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yay, Brexit! Whoop!

Longlostjack said:
Humpty said:
Yay! No more muslims!

:shock: Twat!

Consider the spirit of the thread........

Is there a word to occupy the middle ground between irony and sarcasm? There should be.

*edit* - I just read the other thread, did I just have a whooooosh moment?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/brexit-police-stop-lorries-kent-access-permit-internal-border/?fbclid=IwAR2W5VQjBXk5MVUHaxREnTikKZMIxcKzcyPakc-sT6Ii5lLrxxG3ybn94_M

Internal borders!

Where's that WOOHOO smiley when you need it?!

Itchysphincter said:
Pegojack said:
All British ex pats living in EU countries who retain British bank accounts and credit cards have been informed that these facilities are going to be withdrawn before the end of the year unless they can provide a UK address from which they can administer their accounts.

Up until now, these banks were happy to deal with them as EU residents.

This seems like a no win situation to me. The ex pats potentially lose their UK accounts and the banks lose presumably profitable customers.

This doesn't affect me at present, when I moved to Spain two years ago, I anticipated this shyte and told my bank I was moving within the UK. I gave my new address as that of a trusted family member. I do all my UK banking online, with the occasional cash point withdrawal when I'm back in the UK visiting. I'm wondering how easy it's going to be for ex pats to come up with a trusted UK address. This is going to cause massive complications for hundreds of thousands of British citizens.

Feck Boris, feck Brexit.

It’s gonna be great!

Surely Gove and Davis and all the rest of them that promised us the best and easiest deal in the history of the universe are now only minutes away from announcing that the pavements are due to turn into gold and unicorns are going to start running around imminently. Add that to the massive weekly bump that the NHS is going to get - who wouldn’t vote for it?

There won't be any unicorns running around cos they've given them all to the illegal immagrunts that have come here, of course along with the 33 gazillion pounds and 5bedroom mansions (not sure if there is ensuite in the mansions mind)

Pegojack said:
All British ex pats living in EU countries who retain British bank accounts and credit cards have been informed that these facilities are going to be withdrawn before the end of the year unless they can provide a UK address from which they can administer their accounts.

Up until now, these banks were happy to deal with them as EU residents.

This seems like a no win situation to me. The ex pats potentially lose their UK accounts and the banks lose presumably profitable customers.

This doesn't affect me at present, when I moved to Spain two years ago, I anticipated this shyte and told my bank I was moving within the UK. I gave my new address as that of a trusted family member. I do all my UK banking online, with the occasional cash point withdrawal when I'm back in the UK visiting. I'm wondering how easy it's going to be for ex pats to come up with a trusted UK address. This is going to cause massive complications for hundreds of thousands of British citizens.

Feck Boris, feck Brexit.

Just the thin end of the wedge, I suspect, Mike. 😩😩😩

Heh. Cheers Longlost.

I wondered who would be first.

Bit of an open goal really.

We've just signed a trade deal with Japan that is almost as good as the one we currently have.

Glyn1 said:
We've just signed a trade deal with Japan that is almost as good as the one we currently have.
Almost?! ..... but not as good as??? Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Yay! Fist bumps all round!

Itchysphincter said:
Glyn1 said:

Only difference being that unless there’s a deal with the EU, Japanese companies will be at a disadvantage if they want to export to EU from UK. Could be just slightly important!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/25/sir-jim-ratcliffe-uks-richest-person-moves-to-tax-free-monaco-brexit-ineos-domicile

Another leading Brexiteer takes the p*ss out of all the mugs who voted Leave.

Longlostjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

Only difference being that unless there’s a deal with the EU, Japanese companies will be at a disadvantage if they want to export to EU from UK. Could be just slightly important!

The EU will cave in at the last moment mun. Mark Francois (the irony) said so.

DafyddHuw said:
Longlostjack said:

The EU will cave in at the last moment mun. Mark Francois (the irony) said so.

Where is Captain Mainwaring these days?

Yay, Brexit.

From January, NHS gets £350M per week. Woohoo!

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back