• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Watford FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

We're playing away from home against a team who are higher than us in the table but everyone, every expert, expects to get at least a draw. I don't think that has happened so far this season. On the negative side, their forum is still busier than this one.
Annoyingly, there are 3 Swans 'active' Swans forums that split the crowds. This is far and away the best to use (arselicking here x), but it means we're a touch more spread out than most other teams.

I jumped onto the Watford one and it looked like something from 1995.

Forget it. He ain’t playing the K man. Lowe will come back in I would imagine. Or he’ll just stick with the side that’s won two on the bounce if Paterson is fit (?)
Be amazed if Pato is fit from the weekend, seemed pretty seriously crocked, called for the stretcher at one point

I wonder if Key will be risked here or left to recover a little more with Naughton doing well but concerns about if he can handle 3 games in a week considering his age. Surely similar thoughts will be had with Joey who is starting to show real promise these last few games but the injury record and age will surely be playing on certain minds.

Considering their very suspect record from set pieces this season (3rd worst in the division) I cannot think of a better game to give Kukharevych an opportunity with Cullen and Yates not exactly impressing right now. Team I want to see:

--------------------------------- Rushworth -------------------------------------
Key ----------- Darling ----------------------------- Wood ------------- Tymon
----------------------- Allen ---------------- Grimes ----------------------------
Ronald -------------------------- Paterson ---------------------------- Placheta
-------------------------------- Kukharevych ------------------------------------

That.... actually seems like a very strong side to me and possibly our strongest line up with replacements in Sagoe Jr and Lowe for the wings, Patino for Paterson or Allen and Cullen for Kukharevych as players start to tire.

That's a top quartile team, when it clicks consistently (MK excepted, obvs).
Until we land our target up top, I wouldn't be surprised to see a more fluid 433, with Ronny given licence to roam wide and central. Key and Sagoe down the right.
Not yet alas as Sagoe excluded from tonight's squad.

Couple on here saying exciting times afoot. We'll see, am not convinced we are outa trouble yet, and consistency is now the key. These mid table sides shouldn't be holding any fears, I'll be happier when we stop giving away cheap goals.
Negative? Just realistic...fingers crossed for a draw.

IMG-1417.jpg

IMG-1416.jpg

Fulton, Yates and Darling at right back… we might as well give up now
Looks like a massive backward step, just when we've started to look like a football team. With Fulton in, Grimes will go back into his shell and the momentum we've achieved in the last couple of games will have the brakes on.

Didn't think we'd see Pato for a while, looked like he'd copped a bad one on Saturday...

If anyone thinks this a good plan, I'd be amazed. 😲
Be amazed if Pato is fit from the weekend, seemed pretty seriously crocked, called for the stretcher at one point
He was helped off the pitch but had only gone a few yards before he was walking unaided just in front of where I sit so if probably wasn't as bad as it first appeared.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back