• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Watford FC | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Watford win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazed at some of the comments early with people saying we were good. There was a lack of urgency and desire from minute 1. We still had chances because Watford are awful too. Unfortunately we were abysmal. Everytime we'd get some momentum going we'd lose the ball easily and make unforced errors. Terrible game to watch.

Some strange decisions. What was the point in having Patino on the bench? Under what circumstances was he going to come on? Where was Kuharevych? If he's injured why not try Fletcher? He played last night but it was only Briton Ferry ffs.

When all you have to offer is bits and pieces football - which is all Duff has to offer - then you'll get bits and pieces results.

We are dog shite. He's taking us nowhere in a hurry. That's the long and the short of it, I'm afraid.

Bits and pieces. I like that, it’s a good description. We seem to chuck 11 men on the pitch and hope for the best don’t we.

As I saw it. First 15 minutes, fine, closing down quickly, winning the ball back quickly, Grimes found his forward gear. No goal, but ok. After that. No movement off the ball. Yates could not only not trap a bag of cement, he wouldn't get near it. Team selection. Just weird, when Grimes slowed down and found his reverse gear, he couldn't get out of it. Fulton, no pace, but then he never had any to begin with. 2nd half. We just caved in. Several players tried. Jamal Lowe worked his socks off with no support. Cooper came on and upped the pace, but should have replaced Fulton, not Paterson, who at least had some guile about him. Ashby started ok, but then went downhill fast, not a great look. As for the winning goal, we didn't get close to the guy with the ball, we didn't for most of the game. Now my biggest grouch, and one no doubt others won't agree with. It seriously boils my piss to see Duff sitting on his arse in the dugout when it's patently obvious that the team isn't functioning as it should. Maybe he thinks he's done all his work beforehand? The Watford coach stood up the whole game, in his area, cajoling his team and issuing instructions. Maybe Duff thinks he's Pep, and the team don't need him. He sat down for large parts of the game, but for me he needs to work throughout if things need putting right. Bad day at Black Rock for me, back to the bad old days at the start of the season.

Chief said:
Amazed at some of the comments early with people saying we were good. There was a lack of urgency and desire from minute 1. We still had chances because Watford are awful too. Unfortunately we were abysmal. Everytime we'd get some momentum going we'd lose the ball easily and make unforced errors. Terrible game to watch.

Some strange decisions. What was the point in having Patino on the bench? Under what circumstances was he going to come on? Where with your comment about lack of urgency was Kuharevych? If he's injured why not try Fletcher? He played last night but it was only Briton Ferry ffs.

Disagree with your comment about lack of urgency from first minute Chief. Wemust have been watching a different game. Started to fade after about 30th minute. Only got better in second half after we went one behind.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Bits and pieces. I like that, it’s a good description. We seem to chuck 11 men on the pitch and hope for the best don’t we.

Absolutely.

It's been the case since game one.

Just like with Cooperball, some days it'll go our way, some days it won't.

That's what happens when you're a coach who implements bits and pieces football. Like Cooper, like Tony Pulis, like Sean Dyche, like Paul Clement. Like Garry Monk.

You never really control games, you never shape matches the way you want them to be. You just chuck 11 players out, you get them vaguely organised defensively, and you just hope for the best.

Duff is an analogue manager in a digital world. It's our misfortune that Coleman and co think his sh1t is chocolate.

Longlostjack said:
Disagree with your comment about lack of urgency from first minute Chief. Wemust have been watching a different game. Started to fade after about 30th minute. Only got better in second half after we went one behind.

Na I noticed a lack of anyone prepared to bust a gut early doors but I agree the performance went from bad to worse as the game went on.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Absolutely.

That's what happens when you're a coach who implements bits and pieces football. Like Cooper, like Tony Pulis, like Sean Dyche, like Paul Clement. Like Garry Monk.

You never really control games, you never shape matches the way you want them to be. You just chuck 11 players out, you get them vaguely organised defensively, and you just hope for the best.

Duff is an analogue manager in a digital world. It's our misfortune that Coleman and co think his sh1t is chocolate.
Yet as a manger he has got one side promoted and another to a play off final
Other managers who believe they dominate games through keeping g possession have not succeeded to do this or even win games despite "controlling " games.
Duff made selection errors last night Fultin and Grimes should never ever start together in midfield.....Potter saw this often if those two started under him Grimes was mostly at left back.
I wondered last night if Duff had come across Russys manual in a desk drawer and thought lets have a go we were pedestrian and at times suicidal passing in our own area.
We had zero midfield with the dynamic duo in tandem....in fairness Duff attempted to increase the midfield by switching to 3 5 2 and also get Lowe and Yates closer together only for Ashby to get injured forcing us back to 4 3 3.
Its all about opinions though

Andrew - North Hill said:
Absolutely.

Other managers who believe they dominate games through keeping g possession have not succeeded to do this or even win games despite "controlling " games.
Duff made selection errors last night Fultin and Grimes should never ever start together in midfield.....Potter saw this often if those two started under him Grimes was mostly at left back.
I wondered last night if Duff had come across Russys manual in a desk drawer and thought lets have a go we were pedestrian and at times suicidal passing in our own area.
We had zero midfield with the dynamic duo in tandem....in fairness Duff attempted to increase the midfield by switching to 3 5 2 and also get Lowe and Yates closer together only for Ashby to get injured forcing us back to 4 3 3.
Its all about opinions though

Vetchonian said:

Yes, he was successful in League One and Two, I agree.

Not much of a Championship manager though, is he.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Can't wait for him to fail right

Was wondering how long it would take the numpty to rear his head - been silent for past 5 games

Funny that

Unlike others, I quite enjoyed the game last night. Also enjoyed the game against Leicester.

It’s far more entertaining than last season for me.

Having said that, we have some players that are just not quite good enough at this level. At the moment at least.
Yates, Fulton and I’m afraid to say Ollie Cooper are a weakness. And Cullen also doesn’t add enough at this level.
But they all give effort and desire. It’s not their fault. It just is what it is. If we gradually improve those positions we should see results improve. I think we’ll do enough to stay relatively comfortable though.

Jeez mun, he's only had a few months in charge, and he had staff and players against him from the off.. 98% of the club was against him.. I didn't want him gone, f*cking give the guy a chance

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back