• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Stoke City | The EFL Championship

See this Ronald guy - he's another Montero isn't he ? Largely useless but the occasional good run

We started really well and desereved to be ahead, but fuck me why is it every time we go ahead we revert to this? Same thing happened against Blackburn, Sunderland and Watford too.

Nearly the usual into added time of the first half goal conceded!
Show me a person who thinks Grimes and Fulton is a good combination in midfield and I will show you an imbecile!

Got the goal but very nervy as can be expected.

Fair play , you can't fault the effort and working far harder than them. all 11 giving it a go.

Not sure these long balls are working and wasting a lot of possession with aimless long balls.

Ronald needs to measure his crosses and we need more bodies in there.

Pato playing like he's on a Haribo overdose has to be careful or we will down to 10 quite quickly.

We defo need to stay on the front foot and finish these off

Ronald is up and down in this game but we have to keep feeding him the ball, he's got his full back Stevens on a yellow, let's take advantage.
Having seen the TV replay several times, the ref was right on their disallowed goal. The Stoke player dislodged the ball from Rushworth's hands as his head came up from being bent double. Not intentional, but that doesn't matter, free kick to us.

We are playing a little better, with more energy and purpose than recently, so at least there's something to cling on to. Still lacking quality pretty much everywhere though, plus some poor decision-making compounding things.

We started really well and desereved to be ahead, but fuck me why is it every time we go ahead we revert to this? Same thing happened against Blackburn, Sunderland and Watford too.
Grimes creates alot of unwanted pressure by dropping deep when the opposition are pressing and pushing on........its a situation like this when we need a strong centre forward to drop it into and work off from there.

Half time thoughts:
I could split that into first 20 minutes, second 20 minutes and the last 5 minutes.

First 20 we looked much better than recently, Paterson and Ronald both heavily involved which made a huge difference as we were making threats on both sides. Cabango looks good today, not ponderous on the ball like Wood which has helped our tempo significantly.

The set piece for the goal was superb, basically got to take the set piece from a good 20 or so yards closer to goal. Still would be tamping with the Stoke number 28 though, he was a good 3 yards or so behind the rest of the defensive line and played about four of ours onside.

Cullen has done well battling for the ball and holding it up as well as pressing, took his goal superbly too that one touch finish was not an easy one to take.

Second 20 was kicked off with Rushworth who was a very lucky boy. Even if by letter of the law the ref blew up that could VERY easily have been let go by the ref and I wouldn't have felt aggrieved by it. After that Stoke felt hard done by and you could see them scrapping their way into the game which wasn't helped by naive play from our players giving away free kick after free kick. Fortunately nothing came of it but giving away all these set pieces to one of the top five sides in the championship is rarely a winning formula.

Last five minutes we seemed to have gotten a grip on the game again. Need to get another goal to put it to bed as I never feel confident with us holding onto a 1-0 lead.

Two awful teams who deserve to be where they are in the table. We are fortunate to be ahead, Stroud just dropped a huge bollock disallowing their goal. Marginally better than recent performances but overall still really poor stuff.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back