• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | QPR v The Swans | EFL Championship

What will the result be against QPR?

• QPR win

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well not a bad 15/20 minutes and then made it to HT.

Same as Saturday we gave them the early boost of a shot on goal. From then it was just a case of waiting for the inevitable. Apart from very few runs over the half way line, we fell back into silly passes which didn't open the game up but just put ourselves under more pressure.

Nothing was sticking and no out ball giving possession away cheaply.

Entering the last 10 odd minutes we were not playing as a unit with gaps appearing.

One positive was an away point but apart from a couple of players QPR are also a poor team.

How was it then boys?

I hate to say it but Cardiff were very good… they played some lovely football 😭

Copamundial said:
We played our best football when we retained possession, difficult for some on here to admit but it’s a fact.

We were better last season, but we also had a run worse than this one. But yes, we've certainly gone backwards. I don't want to look back though - the football was tentative and turgid for a lot of last season. S'ton were booed off tonight at half time and full time, so there are certainly questions around whether Martin is as good as some people think. What annoys me is that we could have built on what we had. We didn't need to demolish it - there's been too much change in people and approach too quickly and it's costing us. He's got a month to mould us into a team I reckon or he's going to be in real trouble.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
We were better last season, but we also had a run worse than this one. But yes, we've certainly gone backwards. I don't want to look back though - the football was tentative and turgid for a lot of last season. S'ton were booed off tonight at half time and full time, so there are certainly questions around whether Martin is as good as some people think. What annoys me is that we could have built on what we had. We didn't need to demolish it - there's been too much change in people and approach too quickly and it's costing us. He's got a month to mould us into a team I reckon or he's going to be in real trouble.

Good post

3swan said:
Well not a bad 15/20 minutes and then made it to HT.

Same as Saturday we gave them the early boost of a shot on goal. From then it was just a case of waiting for the inevitable. Apart from very few runs over the half way line, we fell back into silly passes which didn't open the game up but just put ourselves under more pressure.

Nothing was sticking and no out ball giving possession away cheaply.

Entering the last 10 odd minutes we were not playing as a unit with gaps appearing.

One positive was an away point but apart from a couple of players QPR are also a poor team.

We're not going to have many easier opponents this season. Although we have got another one coming up in Sheffield Wednesday. They're in a bit of a state like us, so Saturday is going to be huge.

For those that remember relegation outside of the Premier League the signs are very ominous, a good friend of mine who’s a Cardiff fan reckons we’re going down, I’m starting to think he’s right.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
You can't say that word mum, eteb will throw a fit

Bet you're loving this aren't you, you fucking quim. If you need help mate just reach out but you're a very strange character

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I'm positive that you are a total flange, fact

Love how you wait until the end of the game to quote that. Poisonous poisonous bloke / at least you're happy tonight now!

Copamundial said:
For those that remember relegation outside of the Premier League the signs are very ominous, a good friend of mine who’s a Cardiff fan reckons we’re going down, I’m starting to think he’s right.

A Cardiff fan who thinks wer going down ?
Jesus wept, bet he was tough to find.

sainthelens said:

Took words out of my mouth 😅

Bet he said they're going up too!

Felt like Grimes and Fulton are playing exactly like they were last season - first half Grimes had me yelling in frustration, every time he got the ball he passed it straight back to the player who gave it to him, who was often passing because he was in trouble. No advantage, no movement from the original passer, just ‘back to you, mate, I’m not risking my possession/passing stats for the sake of the team’. Second half he was a bit better, in patches. We needed Patino on for sure. First to applaud the travelling supporters as well.

We have no creativity in central midfield. And that hasn’t changed since last season. Defence is getting better and it was good to see us go to four at the back. Why play Humphreys at RB when Key went off though? Isn’t he left footed?

sainthelens said:

Grow up will you, I’ve worked with a lot of tidy Cardiff fans over the years ..hard for you to believe I know but they do exist.

I dont think all the problems lay at Duffs door . We have sold our better players and replaced with a lot less quality.
Who in this team is going replace Piroes 20 goals a season. Signed 13 random players, I dont think any thought was given to whether they would fit our style of play. It would have been better if it had been quality over quantity.

Don't worry though folks, we're "5th in the xG table for goals against" according to Duff, so let's all do the Conga and chill out, the engravers are in, that one's going on the trophy.

Christ on a fucking bike.

Magic_Michu said:
How was it then boys?

Well, the sprinklers came on before the end of the first half. As the football had finished by then

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back