• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

What will the result be against Blackburn?

• Blackburn win

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Swans win

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dr. Winston said:
I'd be tempted to play Key in the role Cullen is currently filling and keep Ashby further back. He looks more solid defensively than attacking.

Duff has already spent a fair wedge of cash. I certainly think we need a couple of additions, but January is a dodgy month to do business in even if you have confidence in your manager, which they plainly didn't in Martin.
Looking back over the years with these owners suggests there won't be much spending in January & deals can be expensive so that's fair enough.
That might change though if Southampton come back in with an offer for Wood & we can use that to bring in a midfielder/striker

Interesting that Ashby features positively in this thread. A few weeks ago consensus seemed to be he was the one disappointment among the new signings and we should return him at Christmas. Sounds like he is coming good? (I didn't see the game yesterday so grateful for your insights.)

cadleigh said:
Interesting that Ashby features positively in this thread. A few weeks ago consensus seemed to be he was the one disappointment among the new signings and we should return him at Christmas. Sounds like he is coming good? (I didn't see the game yesterday so grateful for your insights.)

He's looking a lot more comfortable as a straightforward RB than a WB.

cadleigh said:
Perhaps not coming good yet but was definitely better yesterday. I agree that key is an option at RW but I'm not against Cullen there.

Tymon has been disappointing for me (was a big fan of the signing at the time), so perhaps best to put key at lb but then that's arguably our best player out of position. Decisions decisions

Dr. Winston said:

Which is a bit surprising, as apparently he was scoring for fun for Newcastle in pre-season. Other than being told that (which may or may not be right) I didn’t know anything about him before he came here. He’s also supposed to be highly rated up there. Taking a bit of time to settle with us, but from what I’ve heard he could be good if he finds some form.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Which is a bit surprising, as apparently he was scoring for fun for Newcastle in pre-season. Other than being told that (which may or may not be right) I didn’t know anything about him before he came here. He’s also supposed to be highly rated up there. Taking a bit of time to settle with us, but from what I’ve heard he could be good if he finds some form.

He looked very good going forward yesterday hence why I said that he or Key could switch during games to bamboozle the opposition

Dillwyn the Dog said:
He looked very good going forward yesterday hence why I said that he or Key could switch during games to bamboozle the opposition

The problem with playing both Ashby and Key on the right like that is that it will displace Cullen, and he was at the heart of almost everything good we did going forward that game.

Dr. Winston said:
Well he wouldn't be the first straightforward fullback we've to convert into a wingbac over the last few seasons. Definitely had his best game for us on Saturday though but if we are to try Ashby and Key in tandem, Key should be the one further forward imo, not Ashby and that would surely leave no place for Cullen despite his wonder goal at Blackburn unless he's played up front to give Yates a rest.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back