• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Same or differing perspective.

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Reading across the forums, it has me wondering what posters see the game and players in the same light as me.

I have a feeling that I see the game very similar to some but yet in a polar opposite to others.
There is a debate around the talent of Ntcham and I think he is very decent but don't see him as the best play maker by a country mile as some describe.

In the past, people touted de guzman as brilliant yet I thought he was a passenger for most games.

There are plenty of examples out there but is anyone here perplexed on the view of other players by certain posters?

jack_lord said:
Reading across the forums, it has me wondering what posters see the game and players in the same light as me.

I have a feeling that I see the game very similar to some but yet in a polar opposite to others.
There is a debate around the talent of Ntcham and I think he is very decent but don't see him as the best play maker by a country mile as some describe.

In the past, people touted de guzman as brilliant yet I thought he was a passenger for most games.

There are plenty of examples out there but is anyone here perplexed on the view of other players by certain posters?

It's normal, you can pick any subject matter and people will have differing opinions.

jack_lord said:

"In the past, people touted De Guzman as brilliant yet I thought he was a passenger for most games."

I'm glad someone else can see that JDG wasn't all that!

Ntcham is a game changer for me and we've seen enough examples of it to at least appreciate the comment. Changed the game at home to WBA was one of those times etc.

There’s power in diversity of opinion and diversity of people.

For me JDG had that rare talent (like Jonjo and Fer) of being able to beat his markers and motor straight through the middle of the field.

Another player who I think was like Marmite was Hernandez, who was often brilliant and often invisible.

Pentyrchjack said:
There’s power in diversity of opinion and diversity of people.

For me JDG had that rare talent (like Jonjo and Fer) of being able to beat his markers and motor straight through the middle of the field.

Another player who I think was like Marmite was Hernandez, who was often brilliant and often invisible.

i agree on you first sentence and your opinion on Hernandez, but I just didn't get JDG, yes he had "some maybe magical moments" but was anonyms to many times, there's a reason as to why he spent plenty of time on the bench and was often first to be substituted

Niigata Jack said:
i agree on you first sentence and your opinion on Hernandez, but I just didn't get JDG, yes he had "some maybe magical moments" but was anonyms to many times, there's a reason as to why he spent plenty of time on the bench and was often first to be substituted

You're forgetting that JDG played against superior opposition and Ntcham plays against farmers.. JDG played a different sport in comparison, it's not knocking Ntcham, because I think he might be able to play at a higher level

Jon de Guzman, amongst the best we ever had.

Leon, Joe, Michu, JdG, Nathan, Wayne, Pablo, Jeff, Jay, the Korean Beckham, Jon Jon Shevley - an embarrassment of riches for a while.

I know nothing, I actually quite liked Orlandi and Mark Gower. Gower's goal against Norwich is maybe my favourite ever.

BanosSwan said:
I know nothing, I actually quite liked Orlandi and Mark Gower. Gower's goal against Norwich is maybe my favourite ever.

Gower was a perfectly decent player for us in the Championship. His inability to score a goal for so long permanently marked his card with those who can't see past simple factors like number of goals to judge a player's worth.

JDG was sheer class and was a vital part of the team which claimed major silverware and performed well in Europe the following season. Perhaps we would have tried harder to sign him permanently had we appointed a proper manager that summer.

JackSomething said:
Gower was a perfectly decent player for us in the Championship. His inability to score a goal for so long permanently marked his card with those who can't see past simple factors like number of goals to judge a player's worth.

JDG was sheer class and was a vital part of the team which claimed major silverware and performed well in Europe the following season. Perhaps we would have tried harder to sign him permanently had we appointed a proper manager that summer.

First sentence, we unfortunately have alot of fans like that.

JackSomething said:

Or maybe even kept the proper manager we had and ditched the even bigger ego of the 'director of football' pinocchio rather than Tutu. Not that any of us thought that at the time.

JackSomething said:

The highlight of De Guzman's career with us was getting a standing ovation from the Valencia fans after his display against them in the Europa League and that free kick.

Like Ntcham and Hernandez he had the ability to completely turn a game on its head but never had the consistency to do so, otherwise lets face it he wouldn't have been playing for Swansea City

BanosSwan said:

I feel the same about Celina. His goal against (cheating bar stewards) Citeh was a thing of complete majesty

Niigata Jack said:
"In the past, people touted De Guzman as brilliant yet I thought he was a passenger for most games."

I'm glad someone else can see that JDG wasn't all that!

Ntcham is a game changer for me and we've seen enough examples of it to at least appreciate the comment. Changed the game at home to WBA was one of those times etc.

And yet how many times has Ntcham been equally as ineffective in games looking disinterested as if he couldnt care.

As with most players like Ntcham - the reason he plays Championship football is that he has talent but does not have the ability/desire (delete as appropriate) to show it every week - if he did he would never have signed for us

And he is a fraction of the player JDG was - passenger or not

monmouth said:
Or maybe even kept the proper manager we had and ditched the even bigger ego of the 'director of football' pinocchio rather than Tutu. Not that any of us thought that at the time.

Yep. In hindsight, I probably owe Spratty an apology on that issue.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back