• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Official travel to Spain (abroad) advice please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53348205

Cooperman said:
Professor said:
Scotland is suggesting quarantine-even if flights are from England back to Scotland. However, if you fly into and from an English airport, this would be clearly unenforceable. I reckon if you are flying from Bristol, B'ham or Manchester there is no way it can be policed. You will need to wear a mask and take care-hand gel etc. to be safe, but the risks of flying are comparable to eating in a cafe or restaurant and less than drinking at a bar.

My impending travel it work related and I have put it off for as long as I can. If I was faced with the decision of taking wife and two children on a European vacation then I would probably fall down on the side of staying at home (and this is as much about enjoyment levels as it is risk).

It's not a standard holiday-in the case of my wife and adult daughter. They are staying with my mother who will collect them etc., so a bit different. They would not go Io a hotel. Price of flights has tripled since the end of quarantine.

Professor said:
Cooperman said:
Professor said:
Scotland is suggesting quarantine-even if flights are from England back to Scotland. However, if you fly into and from an English airport, this would be clearly unenforceable. I reckon if you are flying from Bristol, B'ham or Manchester there is no way it can be policed. You will need to wear a mask and take care-hand gel etc. to be safe, but the risks of flying are comparable to eating in a cafe or restaurant and less than drinking at a bar.

My impending travel it work related and I have put it off for as long as I can. If I was faced with the decision of taking wife and two children on a European vacation then I would probably fall down on the side of staying at home (and this is as much about enjoyment levels as it is risk).

It's not a standard holiday-in the case of my wife and adult daughter. They are staying with my mother who will collect them etc., so a bit different. They would not go Io a hotel. Price of flights has tripled since the end of quarantine.
I would feel more comfortable in those circumstances. We are meant to be going to Lake Garda in late August but none of my lot fancy the idea of socially distancing in pools, restaurants, ice cream parlours. They are happier not to go at all.

Cooperman said:
Professor said:
Cooperman said:
It’s a bit different as a residential development- private pool etc. Really quiet spot.

I would feel more comfortable in those circumstances. We are meant to be going to Lake Garda in late August but none of my lot fancy the idea of socially distancing in pools, restaurants, ice cream parlours. They are happier not to go at all.

Professor said:
You can get travel insurance, but not protection around Covid 19.

Single trip for my wife and daughter to Tenerife is around £35

I guess we will be covered by the E1 11 health cards though.

I believe we will be safer, as a family, in the sun and really want to relax. We are not going to be spending the time mixing in busy clubs.

I miss my holidays but the joy seems to have gone;from airports to hotel restrictions,beaches and bars ;seems not worth the hassle.

Toronto_Motors said:
I miss my holidays but the joy seems to have gone;from airports to hotel restrictions,beaches and bars ;seems not worth the hassle.

I am considering the hassle but we are 3o minutes from the airport, with a private pool right next to the beach. We may well eat in every night even though we know which suitable bars and restaurants are open.

jack_lord said:
Professor said:
You can get travel insurance, but not protection around Covid 19.

Single trip for my wife and daughter to Tenerife is around £35

I guess we will be covered by the E1 11 health cards though.

I believe we will be safer, as a family, in the sun and really want to relax. We are not going to be spending the time mixing in busy clubs.

My main concern would be what happensif/when the next wave starts.ome beaches in Catalonia have already closed as in Galicia. For me,I will be watching to see how things go but right now,the very thought of being stuck in an airport for hours or having a flight cancelled is too much. Make no mistake.Make no mistake,lockdowns will reappear and its a matter of luck if you're caught out in one.If you ,like us, have spoken to people who were stuck on a cruise ship,it kinda puts you off.good luck.

[/quote]

My main concern would be what happensif/when the next wave starts.ome beaches in Catalonia have already closed as in Galicia. For me,I will be watching to see how things go but right now,the very thought of being stuck in an airport for hours or having a flight cancelled is too much. Make no mistake.Make no mistake,lockdowns will reappear and its a matter of luck if you're caught out in one.If you ,like us, have spoken to people who were stuck on a cruise ship,it kinda puts you off.good luck.
[/quote]
The area in Catalonia is Lleida, west of Barcelona. Obviously a concern and I do understand your point. We have settled on the point that we are maintaining hygiene and distance and know we need a break. We have worked through the first wave and my wife works in Singleton and has experience of covid deaths and has given us more perspective going forward. We feel that we are probably safer there but flights can be changed, free of charge, if circumstances alter. I have spoken to my Spanish relative this morning who has been quite helpful about the guidelines we need to follow.

JBT95 said:
You can't get travel insurance at the mo so why bother? Could end up looking a right fool with severel hundreds of thousands of pounds to pay if something went wrong.

TUI are offering covid related cover for any bookings made now and taken this year.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/covid-cover-terms-and-conditions

Whiterockin said:
JBT95 said:
You can't get travel insurance at the mo so why bother? Could end up looking a right fool with severel hundreds of thousands of pounds to pay if something went wrong.

TUI are offering covid related cover for any bookings made now and taken this year.

Do you trust them? :lol:

JBT95 said:
Whiterockin said:
JBT95 said:

Do you trust them? :lol:

Yes why not

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back