• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Official travel to Spain (abroad) advice please?

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
We cant get a definitive answer on whether we can actually travel to Spain without having to quarantine on return.
Is there a link to what the Welsh Govt actually allow us to do. I know it is ok in England and I know we could go anyway but friends child is supposed to be travelling with us and they are saying we still can't go.

I'm going to Italy in the week after next. Both Italy and Spain are on a list of 59 countries where quarantine upon return is not required.

BUT - you also need to check that you can get to your destination on the other end. For example Australia is in the list of 59 countries but once you reach there you have to quarantine for 14 days which isn't much use if you are on a ten day holiday.

exiledclaseboy said:
Travel advice is issued by the Foreign Office.
I understand all that but can Drakeford insist that we still quarantine when we return?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

jack_lord said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I understand all that but can Drakeford insist that we still quarantine when we return?

I don’t think so. That kind of policy isn’t devolved. Borders etc is reserved for the U.K. government. Is my understanding anyway.

jack_lord said:
exiledclaseboy said:

No. The rules concerning the 59 countries are UK wide.

Cooperman said:
jack_lord said:
exiledclaseboy said:

"After weeks of speculation, the UK Government has finally confirmed that air bridges will be coming into place, with far more countries exempt from the 14-day travel quarantine rules than was initially expected.

The new guidance, which will initially apply to arrivals from almost 60 countries, will come into effect from Friday 10 July – with Foreign Office non-essential travel advice easing from Saturday 4 July.

However, it will initially only apply to England, with holidaymakers from elsewhere in the UK having to wait for their respective governments to confirm their quarantine measures."

jack_lord said:
Cooperman said:
jack_lord said:

"After weeks of speculation, the UK Government has finally confirmed that air bridges will be coming into place, with far more countries exempt from the 14-day travel quarantine rules than was initially expected.

The new guidance, which will initially apply to arrivals from almost 60 countries, will come into effect from Friday 10 July – with Foreign Office non-essential travel advice easing from Saturday 4 July.

However, it will initially only apply to England, with holidaymakers from elsewhere in the UK having to wait for their respective governments to confirm their quarantine measures."
Sauce?

[/quote]
Sauce?
[/quote]

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/scotland-quarantine-rules-air-bridges-england-rules-travel-14-day-uk-467338

Sauce?
[/quote]

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/scotland-quarantine-rules-air-bridges-england-rules-travel-14-day-uk-467338
[/quote]

I don't think that article is aligned with gov.wales and gov.uk.

Scotland is suggesting quarantine-even if flights are from England back to Scotland. However, if you fly into and from an English airport, this would be clearly unenforceable. I reckon if you are flying from Bristol, B'ham or Manchester there is no way it can be policed. You will need to wear a mask and take care-hand gel etc. to be safe, but the risks of flying are comparable to eating in a cafe or restaurant and less than drinking at a bar.

You can't get travel insurance at the mo so why bother? Could end up looking a right fool with severel hundreds of thousands of pounds to pay if something went wrong.

You can get travel insurance, but not protection around Covid 19.

Single trip for my wife and daughter to Tenerife is around £35

Professor said:
Scotland is suggesting quarantine-even if flights are from England back to Scotland. However, if you fly into and from an English airport, this would be clearly unenforceable. I reckon if you are flying from Bristol, B'ham or Manchester there is no way it can be policed. You will need to wear a mask and take care-hand gel etc. to be safe, but the risks of flying are comparable to eating in a cafe or restaurant and less than drinking at a bar.

My impending travel it work related and I have put it off for as long as I can. If I was faced with the decision of taking wife and two children on a European vacation then I would probably fall down on the side of staying at home (and this is as much about enjoyment levels as it is risk).

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back