• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jordan Gardner praises Wrexham

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 58
  • Views: Views 4,055
Never heard of him, but I will be suitably outraged by the morning. Probably.

Mels_Chippy said:
Free bag of chips to the first investor to visit the club.

Am I the only person suprised/horrified/impressed by these spam bots?

They're smarter than the average user

How dare you question my botty, spam and chips is nice tho.
Up the Jacks.

BLAZE said:
Am I the only person suprised/horrified/impressed by these spam bots?

They're smarter than the average user

I did quote a post by a suspected one and FAO'd to you, but you ignored me :cry:

Chief said:
We have at least 1 owner / 'investor' who is a huge star with 11milion followers on twitter. But literally couldn't care less about us and hasn't made 1 iota of effort to publicise us.

Stark contrast to Wrexhams owners who seemingly never stop talking about the club.

And this idiot Gardner has now spoken about them more in this 1 article than us (the club he actually owns shares in) in the last 5 years.

You couldn't make it up.

The only thing that surprises me is supporters being surprised about this stuff.

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said.

The ‘investors’ have the same interest in us as anyone on here does on what their ISA is invested in. They give a tiny amount of money (for them) to an investment fund and some they win, some they lose. The ones they lose on get offset for tax purposes. They don’t give a monkeys about the underlying businesses.

That’s very different to what the two have done with Wrexham.

Selling to this sort of fund is about as bad as it gets in terms of engagement. Which was sort of the whole point. Even the managing partners (Levien and Kaplan) can’t be bothered let alone those that have shoved in the equivalent of a tenner.

Neath_Jack said:
I did quote a post by a suspected one and FAO'd to you, but you ignored me :cry:

That’s because he knows which side his chips are salted.

Neath_Jack said:

Sorry dude I never saw it

Edit. Yep, thats one! It's fascinating but I can only see this ending in the destruction of the human race :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
The only thing that surprises me is supporters being surprised about this stuff.

I don’t know how many times it needs to be said.

The ‘investors’ have the same interest in us as anyone on here does on what their ISA is invested in. They give a tiny amount of money (for them) to an investment fund and some they win, some they lose. The ones they lose on get offset for tax purposes. They don’t give a monkeys about the underlying businesses.

That’s very different to what the two have done with Wrexham.

Selling to this sort of fund is about as bad as it gets in terms of engagement. Which was sort of the whole point. Even the managing partners (Levien and Kaplan) can’t be bothered let alone those that have shoved in the equivalent of a tenner.

Agreed, but the Wrecsam owners don't really have much in financial terms relative to their standing either do they? They basically got the club for nothing, put some money in probably but have managed to get a lot of lucrative sponsorship.

Reputationally they have gone all in though.

Chief said:
Agreed, but the Wrecsam owners don't really have much in financial terms relative to their standing either do they? They basically got the club for nothing, put some money in probably but have managed to get a lot of lucrative sponsorship.

Reputationally they have gone all in though.

You’re missing the point. The Wrexham two have bought the club (£2m I think). The ‘investors’ we have have shoved some money in a fund that’s invested in us and possibly many more things as well. It’s a different investment scenario.
Our investors don’t give a toss, simple as that. Believe it, don’t believe it, but it’s pointless bringing up every example of them not giving a toss.

Londonlisa2001 said:
You’re missing the point. The Wrexham two have bought the club (£2m I think). The ‘investors’ we have have shoved some money in a fund that’s invested in us and possibly many more things as well. It’s a different investment scenario.
Our investors don’t give a toss, simple as that. Believe it, don’t believe it, but it’s pointless bringing up every example of them not giving a toss.

Don't really see what's that different? Both groups bought a football club and both sets of owners should be doing what they can to make them successful (even though both sets of owners haven't pound for pound spent that much of the wealth they have). Whether it be a 'fund' or not, Gardner is aware what his money is in (as is Kalling) and has according to him been to Swansea and communicated with people at the club. So he's not blissfully unaware.

Wrexhams famous owners are leveraging their stardom for the good of the club they own and our owners (albeit not quite as famous, but they are more of them) aren't.

I absolutely am aware of our owners apathy towards us, it's clearly stated in my other posts on this thread. That's obvious.

We are on a football Swansea City Forum, I'd have thought it's perfectly normal to discuss such things. Its being spoken about plenty on other platforms.

Feel feel to not reply if you don't feel its worth your time though.

Reynolds and Mcelhenny don't just own shares they're co-chairmen of the club. People like Jordan Gardner just have money invested in a group that owns shares, he's not even on the board of directors let alone a major decision-maker.

He apparently was chairman/co-owner of a Danish football club until pretty recently (August 2022), and previously Dundalk in Ireland. The measure of his investment and involvement in those clubs would have dwarfed his investment in us - understandably so as we were a ~£100m business when he staked a fraction of a fraction.

Neath_Jack said:
Never heard of him, but I will be suitably outraged by the morning. Probably.

Just rechecked and nope, still couldn’t give a toss about him or his articles on other clubs. Will check again tomorrow. Maybe.

jasper_T said:
Reynolds and Mcelhenny don't just own shares they're co-chairmen of the club. People like Jordan Gardner just have money invested in a group that owns shares, he's not even on the board of directors let alone a major decision-maker.

He apparently was chairman/co-owner of a Danish football club until pretty recently (August 2022), and previously Dundalk in Ireland. The measure of his investment and involvement in those clubs would have dwarfed his investment in us - understandably so as we were a ~£100m business when he staked a fraction of a fraction.

The point stands. Gardner is more enamoured with other clubs than the one he has spent money on being linked and publicly linked himself too. Decision maker or not, pretty sure the clubs decision makers would answer his call - he's stated in his article he was in contact with Pearlman at least.

But he doesn't care, he'd rather fawn over a national league club.

Not sure why any Swans fan wouldn't care or at least be interested in this information. Those that aren't need not comment.

Or update us regularly on how they don't care of course.

Chief said:
Don't really see what's that different? Both groups bought a football club and both sets of owners should be doing what they can to make them successful (even though both sets of owners haven't pound for pound spent that much of the wealth they have). Whether it be a 'fund' or not, Gardner is aware what his money is in (as is Kalling) and has according to him been to Swansea and communicated with people at the club. So he's not blissfully unaware.

Wrexhams famous owners are leveraging their stardom for the good of the club they own and our owners (albeit not quite as famous, but they are more of them) aren't.

I absolutely am aware of our owners apathy towards us, it's clearly stated in my other posts on this thread. That's obvious.

We are on a football Swansea City Forum, I'd have thought it's perfectly normal to discuss such things. Its being spoken about plenty on other platforms.

Feel feel to not reply if you don't feel its worth your time though.

One’s an active investment and the other is a passive investment. It really is completely different.

Swansea Football LLC have many shareholders or investors, each of whom indirectly ‘owns’ a bit of the club. But they leave it to the managing partners (Levien and Kaplan) to run their investment. Anyone with any significant number of shares in Swansea Football LLC (enough that gives them a stake equivalent to 5% in the club) are on the board of the club (there are two from memory in addition to Levien and Kaplan).

Plus Silverstein owns shares outside the Swansea Football LLC vehicle (as does the Trust).

The people who own shares in Swansea Football LLC can take an interest or not. Most seem to take very little interest. Some may not even really be aware of their investment as they may, in turn, have investment managers that have put the money in in the first place.

The whole ownership matter is opaque and there’s no way of knowing who has what (which is an argument I used many times regarding the Trust’s ability to enforce tag rights in a change of control situation at the holding company level). As a general point, American owners tend to swap and change sporting allegiance left, right and centre. It’s just money for them. It’s the way it’s set up.

Lol at the ‘our owners are not quite as famous as Ryan Reynolds’. No sh*t.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back