• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eurovision song contest

Anyway lads Man About The House on itv3 now ! Proper entertainment #sidjames

Skippyjack said:
Juggernauts in the field of science and engineering are bottom in this political arena, what have Sweden ever done in music, Avici and Abba.. b*llocks to this, I'm off to bed in a right paddy

Fair play Skippy, you're not as daft as you'd make us believe.

jack123 said:
What the dvla? Selling peoples personal details onto private parking companies?

Yes, totally outstanding.

Civil service you pleb. What is your service to the people?

DJack said:
Civil service you pleb. What is your service to the people?

Eh? Wtf are you on about? Christ, I am seriously thinking are you on drugs,

Skippyjack said:
Because you hate British institutions and British culture like Pego.. I'm surprised you're egging on the UK

Don't misrepresent my views, Plonker.
I am happy to be Welsh and British, pride doesn't come into it, as someone once said, patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Britain is the source of many great things, the trade union movement and the NHS amongst them. British scientists have been at the forefront of many great advances in science, medicine and technology. It also has made outstandingly great contributions in art, literature and music.

Institutions? Britain needs to reform them urgently, they are dragging the country down and ruining it. The outdated and fundamentally undemocratic political system, the obscenity that is the Royal family. If you want to know what I hate, the answer is the Tory Party and little Englander Brexiteers who are destroying the great country I come from. And the thick bastards who vote for them.

Pegojack said:
Don't misrepresent my views, Plonker.
I am happy to be Welsh and British, pride doesn't come into it, as someone once said, patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Britain is the source of many great things, the trade union movement and the NHS amongst them. British scientists have been at the forefront of many great advances in science, medicine and technology. It also has made outstandingly great contributions in art, literature and music.

Institutions? Britain needs to reform them urgently, they are dragging the country down and ruining it. The outdated and fundamentally undemocratic political system, the obscenity that is the Royal family. If you want to know what I hate, the answer is the Tory Party and little Englander Brexiteers who are destroying the great country I come from. And the thick bastards who vote for them.

But did you enjoy Eurovision? 😂 sorry couldn’t resist, neither agree or disagree with what you said just gave me a giggle that this rant was on a thread about a singing contest 😂

BrynCartwright said:
I thought the Swedish song was just boring gash compared to Estonia and Switzerland...

Yeah agreed, I think UK wasn’t great but probably didn’t deserve to be last but one, I mean the Australian effort was worse?! I thought Switzerland, Estonia and Cyprus were good uns, Isreal was “ok” as were Austria and another country with some upbeat effort I can’t recall, but yeah swedens effort was boring, and Finland’s was a joke Shirley? 😂

I’m not a fan of Eurovision and all the fuss that surrounds it and don’t watch it, but each to their own.
Some people, apparently, are not fans of jazz. 😉
It seems very political in the way the voting turns out, and Finland, which is on the border with Russia, has only recently joined NATO. Ukraine won last year and have applied to join and maybe this win is a bit of solidarity with Finland. I’ve not heard any of the songs so can’t judge the said winner, but will probably hear a few in the coming days on the news.

Muteswan said:
I’m not a fan of Eurovision and all the fuss that surrounds it and don’t watch it, but each to their own.
Some people, apparently, are not fans of jazz. 😉
It seems very political in the way the voting turns out, and Finland, which is on the border with Russia, has only recently joined NATO. Ukraine won last year and have applied to join and maybe this win is a bit of solidarity with Finland. I’ve not heard any of the songs so can’t judge the said winner, but will probably hear a few in the coming days on the news.

To be honest, it’s largely a load of old nonsense, but it’s just in my opinion a good laugh, and an excuse to have a drink and watch all the madness, I don’t take it that seriously, but must admit enjoying it, though I haven’t really sold it here have I 😂
But I think you’re right with the political aspect, and there’s definitely the “vote for you neighbour” stuff going on.
Some of the songs were actually not too bad at all last night, and the staging was amazing with all the gimmicks they each have, looked a good success for Liverpool as a host city, but I think it’ll be a long time before Britain host it again, as our song was mediocre at best.

Arthurmorgan said:
But did you enjoy Eurovision? 😂 sorry couldn’t resist, neither agree or disagree with what you said just gave me a giggle that this rant was on a thread about a singing contest 😂

Yes, mate, I did enjoy it, it was a laugh. It is what it is, not high culture, just a bit of fun.
The rant was only there because peabrain Skippyjack made remarks about me which I found unacceptable.

jack123 said:
Eh? Wtf are you on about? Christ, I am seriously thinking are you on drugs,

Thinking is something you dont do.

Pegojack said:
Yes, mate, I did enjoy it, it was a laugh. It is what it is, not high culture, just a bit of fun.
The rant was only there because peabrain Skippyjack made remarks about me which I found unacceptable.

Sorry mate I understand, I was hoping you knew I wasn’t being a tit to you, it just made me laugh as Ive had very similar rants, and my Mrs always says “shut up you miserable sod” 😂 I love a good rant, and I am happy being miserable 😂 I read a lot of comments on here that I disagree with, but due to my fractious nature in the past on social media, I ignore them on here as I don’t want enemies from our fan base, but I completely see that some debates range in opinions so I get it, but steer clear.

DJack said:
Thinking is something you dont do.

Oh but I do, the thing is Dj, I've been thinking about this most of the day, and I genuinely can't understand why I get called a pleb.

I would not hesitate to apologise if I said something wrong, but for me, my gripe with the dvla was selling peoples personal details to private car companies. Apart from that, they are fine.

I would rather a bit of reasoning or advice, not just civil service you pleb, which I don't understand, maybe perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying. Being serious here, please explain.

jack123 said:
Oh but I do, the thing is Dj, I've been thinking about this most of the day, and I genuinely can't understand why I get called a pleb.

I would not hesitate to apologise if I said something wrong, but for me, my gripe with the dvla was selling peoples personal details to private car companies. Apart from that, they are fine.

I would rather a bit of reasoning or advice, not just civil service you pleb, which I don't understand, maybe perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying. Being serious here, please explain.

It's how you conflate things as you hoover up vested interests propaganda.

DVLA is directed by ministers , so selling of information is the Governments decision. Cudey stated that he works for one of Britains greatest institutions... the civil service. You conflated his working for civil service at DVLA with selling information on, you know, the governments decision. You hoover up the propaganda that all that is wrong with the country is the fault of the civil service and that the poor old government are blameless. You are a useful idiot.Additionally I will admit that the civil service DO fckup but that often seems to be the fault of very senior, right wing, idologues in the civil servce and not the rank and file.

DJack said:
It's how you conflate things as you hoover up vested interests propaganda.

DVLA is directed by ministers , so selling of information is the Governments decision. Cudey stated that he works for one of Britains greatest institutions... the civil service. You conflated his working for civil service at DVLA with selling information on, you know, the governments decision. You hoover up the propaganda that all that is wrong with the country is the fault of the civil service and that the poor old government are blameless. You are a useful idiot.Additionally I will admit that the civil service DO fckup but that often seems to be the fault of very senior, right wing, idologues in the civil servce and not the rank and file.

Firstly, Thank you for the reply, I suppose a useful idiot is a big step up from a pleb.

I would disagree with a lot of what you say, I have not conflated anything, or hoovered up any propaganda, from what you say, only one point which I didn't think about, was that it was a government decision.

As much as I disagree with the DVLA selling peoples personal details to private car parking firms, I really don't think there's another alternative. So that was my mistake.

It was not personal against ECB, I don't understand why people think this way, like years ago you could say the bus service was rubbish, you would not get a reply like 'ohh you think the bus drivers are rubbish do you', fast forward to today, say something like NHS is crap these days, and they say you think the doctors are nurses are rubbish do you?, , I mean for me, it seems quite obvious that I'm are having a go at the top of the chain, not the ones doing the job.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back