• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eurovision Song Contest ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Wales, Scotland and England should stand alone and have thier own songs in the eurovision I reckon?..

Could you imagine Max Boyce representing Wales tonight! Amazing ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ ๐Ÿ‘

Not like I care or anything ๐Ÿ‘€

Jinxy said:
I was advised to check out the Cyprus entry. And boy, I'm glad I did.

I don't watch the drivel and am constantly surprised anyone else does. Having said that, I checked out the Cyprus entry as you suggested. :shock:

It seems they went with the idea of recruiting in a strip club and getting someone to write a piss poor Lady Gaga knock-off song for the stripper to sing. It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for them.

0 points for the UK again. It's so great that Europe loves us with all its heart. To be honest we were getting low scores before Brexit came along, because of wars in the Middle East. I think we need to drop out of being one of the big 5 financiers of this competition. EVERYBODY HATES the UK.

BrynCartwright said:
0 points for the UK again. It's so great that Europe loves us with all its heart. To be honest we were getting low scores before Brexit came along, because of wars in the Middle East. I think we need to drop out of being one of the big 5 financiers of this competition. EVERYBODY HATES the UK.

39 countries, voting twice (judges panel and also the popular vote) = 78 votes. Each of them had to pick 10 out of the 26 contestants. Which equals 780. And the UK didn't get a single one of them. :lol: Spain and Germany did badly as well.

Personally, I would have given top votes to the Serbian girls just for their costumes alone.

Just heard the winning song, sounds like a rage against the machine tribute act

Best_loser said:

On the strength of your description, I though it was worth checking out and tbh, I thought it was pretty decent, a genuine rock song! I guess all the other entries were the usual identikit Eurotrash then?

Best_loser said:

I thought it sounded somewhere between Artic Monkeys and Royal Blood.

While I have at some point in my life enjoyed Eurovision, it is well past its shelf life. Let the nations enjoy the night of fun. I'm not quite sure of how many number ones those groups from the majority of the voting nations but you can bet that the UK has had a number one in all of those nations.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/eurovision-italy-drugs-maneskin-ebu-b1852409.html?amp

:shock:

jack_lord said:
While I have at some point in my life enjoyed Eurovision, it is well past its shelf life. Let the nations enjoy the night of fun. I'm not quite sure of how many number ones those groups from the majority of the voting nations but you can bet that the UK has had a number one in all of those nations.

Came back from watching Swans after a few too many beers to the Eurovisions. Wife Swedish so a bit of a tradition in the family. My daughterโ€˜s partner is Turkish and she had her best friend around whoโ€™s Greek. They started getting enthusiastic about a Dutch DJ who was apparently the dogs bollocks. Thatโ€™s when we gave up! Oh to be young again.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back