• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brentford in the playoffs

JackFish

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Brings back good memories of our first season back in League One, with Leon Knight’s goals at Griffin Park in the second leg. Remember him scoring the second and thinking we were off to the final, then looking at the scoreboard and seeing 80 minutes still to play.

Brentford had 2 gift wrapped chances to get automatic promotion and blew both of them.

when a team is so close to going up automatically and doesn't make it, they usually fluff the play offs.

It's only three days away and we have a young team who need more recovery time than that. Don't do any training, Cooper, just tell them to stay in bed for the next 48 hours.

Sherpa said:
Brentford had 2 gift wrapped chances to get automatic promotion and blew both of them.

when a team is so close to going up automatically and doesn't make it, they usually fluff the play offs.

And, equally, the team that finishes 6th hardly ever gets promoted. But 'hardly ever' is a lot, lot better than nothing.

Since I just about live in Brentford I'll stop wearing my Swans shirts for the next few days. :D

Sherpa said:

Yes indeed.

KrunchyKarrot said:
They play some nice football, we are in with a shout. Regardless its good experience for a young squad/

Very true - on paper they have a stronger squad with a couple of really top clash players & have already given us a football lesson twice this season but as we saw last night football is not played on paper.

We cannot afford, in my opinion, to lose on Sunday as wouldn’t want them to rebuild their confidence - clearly a big win at home would be preferable but even a draw would keep us in the tie as we’ve shown all season we win as many away as at home.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back