• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Benda to miss start of next season

MajorR said:
Are you Dr P from the Swansea Independent site?

Of course it is, I've been waiting for the red pen to come out, it can't be far off :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
I've been waiting for the red pen to come out, it can't be far off :lol:

My marking pen is reserved for special cases who get a bit excited and start giving ridiculous takes in order to score internet points.

Apart from the odd one, it seems a relatively fair discussion at the moment.

Two views, one which I simply don’t agree with and my own which I’m confident is the one also reflected at club level considering the state of affairs.

DuffleCoat said:
My marking pen is reserved for special cases who get a bit excited and start giving ridiculous takes in order to score internet points.

Apart from the odd one, it seems a relatively fair discussion at the moment.

Two views, one which I simply don’t agree with and my own which I’m confident is the one also reflected at club level considering the state of affairs.

Ha, nice to see you back butty.

It’s likely to only be fleeting, but there was a false narrative being spread that I had to douse as I know it’s simply not true, and was damaging for the club.

But of course, as always, good to see you all. I really think it’s a good season ahead!

Being a top 4 spender in this league this season would mean the club breaking the 8/9M barrier........even with a 5/6M spend without Piroe going as you suggested is something that I can't see.

If you are right then I will certainly and gladly say you were spot on but those predictions can certainly make or break a poster.
Lets see how this goes on.

magicdaps10 said:
Being a top 4 spender in this league this season would mean the club breaking the 8/9M barrier........even with a 5/6M spend without Piroe going as you suggested is something that I can't see.

If you are right then I will certainly and gladly say you were spot on but those predictions can certainly make or break a poster.
Lets see how this goes on.

Make or break a poster?

It's only a nerd forum mind Daps, don't get carried away mun.

I’d be almost certain it will be around the 5/6 mark, not including January. I have no idea what other clubs will do in order to say where we will come, but wherever a 5/6m spend gets us on the ranking is where we will be - that is usually pretty high.

My guess is in and around the top 6/7 when the window closes, in and around the top 3/4 if we take away the relegated teams from the EPL, they are a different entity.

What will also make or break a poster is their claims regarding payments hitting accounts when cash flow clearly isn’t a concern, which will also be confirmed after the window shuts.

Neath_Jack said:
Make or break a poster?

Even after all these years I still marvel at how much it matter to someone to be seen to be “right” on the internet.

Neath_Jack said:
Make or break a poster?

It wasn't meant as literal just a throw away comment......more tongue in cheek.
Glad I am in the right place as per your description of the place 👍🙈

Athletic are reporting we actually tried getting Rushworth on a Permanent deal originally, atleast shows the level of player we are looking at. Promising.

Risc said:
Athletic are reporting we actually tried getting Rushworth on a Permanent deal originally, atleast shows the level of player we are looking at. Promising.

Doesn’t it just. But best whisper it in case the usual grisly ‘ol suspects pounce on it as far too encouraging and way too next level for their liking.

To me it also shows we are looking for a proper long term solution for our #1 berth to replace Benda who I’d expect to be off to the bigger boys.

Exciting times on the Costa nowadays…..

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1686052836176441345?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Oh.

Rushworth seems a really good option, I think everyone agrees that Fisher isn't good enough to be a as he's ok as cover I don't see the problem.
Benda isn't going to accept being a number 2 again so he'll be moved on in January shirley?

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1686052836176441345?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Oh.

Who was it on here who said Benda would be sold? Looks like he’s correct.

Swansea93 said:
Who was it on here who said Benda would be sold? Looks like he’s correct.

Duffle I believe, and Phil wrote an article on the potential of it happening if memory serves. There was talk for a while Fulham (Mitch name dropped them earlier aswell) were in for him for a lower fee due to the injury. Makes sense for us to cash in, especially when we have a player like rushworth to replace.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back