• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Worst ever Swans performance

TerryPHELAN

First Team Player
Reaction score
That’s what my mate next to me said last night! Bit extreme I thought, whilst not great though got me wondering what was the worst ever performance I’ve seen by the Swans.
Been following them since 1985, and for me the worst game of football I saw was as against Mansfield down the Vetch in March 1990.
Even though we won it 1-0, that was the end of Ian Evans reign as manger. I’m pretty sure the crowd booed at the full time whistle, even though we’d won!

TerryPHELAN said:
That’s what my mate next to me said last night! Bit extreme I thought, whilst not great though got me wondering what was the worst ever performance I’ve seen by the Swans.
Been following them since 1985, and for me the worst game of football I saw was as against Mansfield down the Vetch in March 1990.
Even though we won it 1-0, that was the end of Ian Evans reign as manger. I’m pretty sure the crowd booed at the full time whistle, even though we’d won!

First game in 1961, so have seen many poor games, the memory will play tricks and maybe a bit of rose tinted glasses, but last night, on top of others, is maybe the worst run of self inflicted results I've seen.

Was that worse than many of the others under this clown? It’s just the freshest in the memory

monmouth said:
Was that worse than many of the others under this clown? It’s just the freshest in the memory

This in spades.
Tho Blackburn at home this season was a definite pre curser of things to come.

I'm finding it hard to top losing 4-0 at home to Kidderminster.

For me it was the 2021 play off final under Cooper. The most gutless pathetic performance I've seen. I swear to this day the yanks told Cooper to lose on purpose it was that bad

Dr. Winston said:
I'm finding it hard to top losing 4-0 at home to Kidderminster.

That one and the 7-1 defeat at Hartlepool at the end of the previous season.

A different level entirely, but Bobbley's team losing 5-0 at Spurs is the most clueless I've seen a team look. We could have been on the end of a record Prem scoreline if they were any good at finishing, thankfully they weren't and only managed five.

There are too many others to mention over the years. This was nowhere near the worst, it's just that there have been a string of similar performances over a lengthy period and it's hard to imagine that this is the same line up that has given some excitement sporadically. However, the defence has always been shambolic under Martin. I think we are nearly safe and wouldn't change manager now but evaluate the remainder of the season. Whoever is in charge league 1 is a strong possibility at some stage unless we have new owners who give a sh..
I can think of some pretty dull football under Sousa at times, the Bradley era admittedly against much better opposition but with a better squad, the end of Monk's time, the steady slide down the leagues after Tosh's glory years, at the time of applying for re-election to name but a few.

Blackpool away under Kevin Cullis when the players revolted at half time, Christian Edwards gave the team talk and Cullis resigned after the game.

We are pretty far from the worst team I ever saw. I know we are all disappointed but this is just a below average team playing below their abilities.
Anyone who watched Cusaks trialists had a rare privilige. That was the worst Swansea team I ever saw and I've been watching since 1974.

Captain_Sham said:
We are pretty far from the worst team I ever saw. I know we are all disappointed but this is just a below average team playing below their abilities.
Anyone who watched Cusaks trialists had a rare privilige. That was the worst Swansea team I ever saw and I've been watching since 1974.

That's a good shout. Do you remember that bloke Michael Jackson who turned up? Not THE Michael Jackson, obviously, but I think THE Michael Jackson would actually have played better.

Captain_Sham said:

Haha, I remember those days! Didn’t we sign a youngster from Mumbles Rangers that season, who walked straight into the Swans 1st team at the time?
Imagine that happening today!

TerryPHELAN said:
Haha, I remember those days! Didn’t we sign a youngster from Mumbles Rangers that season, who walked straight into the Swans 1st team at the time?
Imagine that happening today!

Jamie Harris

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back