• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Womens Hairdressers

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
I know I am completely out of touch on this topic but listening to wifey talking about them earlier and I have to say I was thinking women are being mugged. She said the hairdressers are charging up to £150 for a colour and cut and these women go every month. Thats 1800 notes a year. You can almost pay for your heating with that.
How the hell is is that friggin much - its a pair of scissors and some dye

jack_lord said:
I know I am completely out of touch on this topic but listening to wifey talking about them earlier and I have to say I was thinking women are being mugged. She said the hairdressers are charging up to £150 for a colour and cut and these women go every month. Thats 1800 notes a year. You can almost pay for your heating with that.

Mrs uses a mobile Hairdresser and has done for years, £60 or £70 quid a time. :shock:

jack_lord said:

I’m not defending the prices but when you take into account the cost of staff, rent/mortgage, electricity, where the business is, time it takes for each customer and limited number of customers in the shop at any one time the costs mount up. Again, I’m not saying it’s a great situation for customers but times are difficult for businesses. And of course the cost of the scissors and the dye. 😉

Niigata Jack said:
Mrs uses a mobile Hairdresser and has done for years, £60 or £70 quid a time. :shock:

those figure sound like robbery too. barbers charging more than 12 quid for a cut is getting outrageous. I misheard the guy last time and he stuck some wax things in my nose and ear. I was wondering what the hell he was doing. Think it added a few quid to the bill and he didnt get a tip for mugging me

Someone needs to tell me if there is a severe hair growth issue in Skewen? Drive down the main drag there must be 15/16 barber's/hairdressers.
WTF!

sainthelens said:
Someone needs to tell me if there is a severe hair growth issue in Skewen? Drive down the main drag there must be 15/16 barber's/hairdressers.
WTF!

It’s the same everywhere, have you seen St. Helens Road, & High Street?

sainthelens said:
WTF!

I’ve never seen so many hairdressers and barbers in one place in my life as there is in Skewen.

Strange lot up there mind.

jack_lord said:

Tell me about. 🙄

Currently bids of £2K+ to make Darran's Wurzel Gummidge bonce half presentable.

There’s also nail appointments on top of this, these seem to come round every three weeks or so.

sainthelens said:
WTF!
Aye, was down there this morning as it goes, having my barnet attended to. Parked outside, popped in 10 minutes and 12 quid later job done. The missus is gone for 3 hours and relieves me of 70 odd quid every 6 weeks or so. 🤷‍♀️

Muteswan said:
It’s the same everywhere, have you seen St. Helens Road, & High Street?

I could suggest possible money laundering afoot, but I'm bit cynical .

sainthelens said:
I could suggest possible money laundering afoot, but I'm bit cynical .

I have heard that suggested a number of times.. The number of barbers compared to what used to be around is barking and laundering is one that makes sense.
Far more sense than £150 for a cut and colour FFS

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back