• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What to do

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
My student daughter home for a few days had a really bad day yesterday. She was going to a concert in Cardiff that her friend wanted to see and stopped in Sainsbury's to fill up.
Dozy mare put two gallons of diesel in her unleaded beast but at least she realised and phoned us.
Arranged for fuel doctor to get to car and drain it.
Her friend went to the concert and my daughter's ticket was sold to her sister who lives in Cardiff.
What a crap day, paid for the wrong fuel, £200 to clean out tank and missed the concert,

Today her friend's sister won't pay for the ticket that she said she would buy even though she went to concert.

What a cow and what to do?

jack_lord said:
My student daughter home for a few days had a really bad day yesterday. She was going to a concert in Cardiff that her friend wanted to see and stopped in Sainsbury's to fill up.
Dozy mare put two gallons of diesel in her unleaded beast but at least she realised and phoned us.
Her friend went to the concert and my daughter's ticket was sold to her sister who lives in Cardiff.
What a crap day, paid for the wrong fuel, £200 to clean out tank and missed the concert,

Today her friend's sister won't pay for the ticket that she said she would buy even though she went to concert.

That's awful. There are some right ***ts about. Maybe she'll have a change of heart and cough up.👍

Your daughters "friend" should pay for her shitbag of a sisters ticket to your daughter and take up with her sibling, or your daughter should go round to her house and ask her for payment, if that fails, take payment out of her nose in lieu 👍

On the bright side, diesel in a petrol will be fine, petrol in a diesel would kill it unless it's a Kia. Diesel hoses don't normally fit in petrol cars.

Regarding the friends sister, maybe use the useless petrol to set her on fire? The Penlan remedy.
That would learn her.

jack_lord said:

Hopefully she will see sense, give it a day or so. Pretty bad, if she doesn't..

Swanjaxs said:
Your daughters "friend" should pay for her shitbag of a sisters ticket to your daughter and take up with her sibling, or your daughter should go round to her house and ask her for payment, if that fails, take payment out of her nose in lieu 👍

Her friend's sister is in Cardiff Uni - not sure yet where she lives.
Us grown ups see it in black and white.
It is poor form from her friend who left my daughter alone in the petrol station to deal with the issue. My daughter is a couple of hundred pounds out of pocket because of her own silly mistake - no doubt she will say she was distracted by her friend and that is how the wrong fuel ended up in the car but was only going to the concert to maintain their friendship as she is obviously away most of the time. Her friend (who is working) has no responsibility with the incident and didn't have to contribute the the wrong fuel again because that is not her fault nut she certainly has responsibility with "selling" the ticket to her sister and now not getting money from her.
Little irresponsible feckers.

Swanjaxs said:

Thing is SJ, you can't just do violence to get the money back.. This is not some shady drug deal that has gone sour.

There are better legal ways and means.

If it doesn't go well ask her on Facebook as a last means.

Similarly, about 20 years ago a friend bought some tickets off us for a concert we couldn't go to for other reasons. Anyway, it took nearly a year to get the money off him, because he was skint, even though his girlfriend would tell us he was buying shirts at £50 a go.
He's still a very good friend but I wouldn't do anything for him now unless I got the cash up front.

jack123 said:
Thing is SJ, you can't just do violence to get the money back.. This is not some shady drug deal that has gone sour.

There are better legal ways and means.

Old skool me kid, rip me or my family off and there's two ways to sort it out, amicably with a warning, or another way...

Was the ticket handed over on the basis of it being sold, or was it perhaps considered as a freebie?

If it was sold then what was the face value?

Sold at face value of £20 might not be worth falling out over, but is still a matter of principle, whereas sold at a face value of £100 and not paid for isn’t a great look on that person and can justifiably cause unrest.

Cooperman said:
Was the ticket handed over on the basis of it being sold, or was it perhaps considered as a freebie?

Sold at face value of £20 might not be worth falling out over, but is still a matter of principle, whereas sold at a face value of £100 and not paid for isn’t a great look on that person and can justifiably cause unrest.

Cooperman said:

It was handed over to her friend on the basis of it being sold to her friend's sister who lived in Cardiff. As my daughter was stranded with her car, her friend travelled by public transport to Cardiff and gave her sister the ticket. Her sister went to the concert.
The following day after going to the concert she was then refusing to pay.
The face value was £25 so it is certainly a matter of principle.
My daughter is a university student with limited means and even less after the fuel debacle.

I'm afraid that the Mumbles girl is being a total C

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back